RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

aimeerose

Dec 28, 2003, 5:18 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1371 views)
Shortcut

Dislocated elbow at Hueco
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

On Dec 26th a woman was climbing Center El Murray at the Mushroom Boulder at Hueco Tanks. She latched the last hold, but her swing overcame her and she came off, landed and dislocated her elbow (and possible fractured it and maybe her wrist). If anyone knows her (Jen), please get this message to her:

Jen, we are really sorry for what happened to you. We would like to help in any way possible. We are friends with an incredible orthopedic surgeon, who is also a climber, here in Flagstaff. If you are interested in seeing him, please let us know. You could stay with us and we could get you in to see him anytime. Also, I know a professor at University of Utah in Physical Therapy. If you would like, I can ask him for a recommendation of a good Physical Therapist when you are ready. You have been in our thoughts ever since that day and we would just like to help a fellow climber. PM me or email me at aimeel_3@hotmail.com if we can be of any help. We are sending you good thoughts for as speedy of a recovery as possible and a return to climbing (it is possible- there was a guy at Mushroom that day who dislocated and fractured his elbow and was able to send Mushroom Roof). You are a very motivated, strong person and will be able to achieve your goals. Best wishes- Aimee and Kyle

csoles

Dec 28, 2003, 5:48 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1371 views)
Shortcut

Re: Dislocated elbow at Hueco [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If there is no fracture or nerve damage, a dislocated elbow isn't that big of a deal. Hurts for a while but no major rehab needed and shouldn't prevent climbing more than a month or two.

aimeerose

Dec 29, 2003, 11:14 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1371 views)
Shortcut

Re: Dislocated elbow at Hueco [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In about 10% of elbow dislocations, the radial head is fractured. If you have ever seen center El Murray, it's likely that this girl is one of those 10%. I forgot to mention that she's from Salt Lake and her boyfriend is Brandon, for anyone trying to figure out if they know her.

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook