First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

bumblesbounce

Mar 15, 2002, 5:17 PM
Post #1 of 40 (1258 views)
Shortcut

Don't Judge People
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm in chat right now. Somehow a conversion got started about Zlipper being Scottish. I have no problem with that. And I thought nobody else would either. But somebody named Choppie asked Zlipper if he wore a kilt. Zlipper said yes. Choppie turned around and called Zlipper a crossdresser. Zlippers feelings were hurt. My feelings were hurt to because I am Scottish. And I would think anybody else how is Scottish would be offened... girl or boy. Also Zlipper said he played the bag pipe. And Choppie said they only play at funerals because the dead play couldn't hear it. Zlipper was hurt again. And Doosh came in a little later and took Choppies side offending both Zlipper and I. All we want is everybody to have equal rights. Why should we be judged by what we are? Why can't we be judged by who we are?
Fawn LeMay

zlipper

Mar 15, 2002, 5:21 PM
Post #2 of 40 (1258 views)
Shortcut

Don't Judge People [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

this happens everywhere i go and it never stops. is there and end for it all or is everyone against all of a different race?

Partner pianomahnn

Mar 15, 2002, 5:23 PM
Post #3 of 40 (1258 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Welcome to the world of ignorance.

Nothing can be done...just grin and bear it.

bumblesbounce

Mar 15, 2002, 5:30 PM
Post #4 of 40 (1258 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ignorance is the worst thing you can do. Zlipper... don't be hurt by the outside people. As long as you take pride in who you are. Taking pride is the best thing you can do.

wigglestick

Mar 15, 2002, 5:47 PM
Post #5 of 40 (1258 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Good grief! There has to be something in this world that bothers you more than people making fun of scottish people for their bagpipes and kilts. What is the point of living in the melting pot if you can't have a little innocent teasing between people of different backgrounds. Lighten up.

I think I heard Colin Quinn comment on this paradox the other night. Something about accepting diversity as long as you don't point out how people are different.

espinosa

Mar 15, 2002, 5:49 PM
Post #6 of 40 (1258 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

people will bag on things in attempts to compensate for their own insecurities or personal issues they do not feel comfortable dealing with.

fuhghetabowtit

bumblesbounce

Mar 15, 2002, 6:02 PM
Post #7 of 40 (1258 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You're all ignorant. You won't accept people. I'd love to make fun of you people. But it just won't feel right so I won't.

Partner pianomahnn

Mar 15, 2002, 6:11 PM
Post #8 of 40 (1258 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, good way to support your cause, Fawn.

bumblesbounce

Mar 15, 2002, 6:31 PM
Post #9 of 40 (1258 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Im confused.

spank_spank

Mar 15, 2002, 6:33 PM
Post #10 of 40 (1258 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I agree with espi on this. Alot of it has to go with their insecurities. I believe some people are scared of ideas and cultures they are not familiar with.

Mean People Suck

zlipper

Mar 15, 2002, 9:19 PM
Post #11 of 40 (1258 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yeah and nice people swallow

Partner jules

Mar 15, 2002, 10:00 PM
Post #12 of 40 (1258 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

People judge. It's life.

I've been judged based on things such as how much money I have, how I dress, who my friends are. We all are. *shrug* It sucks, but you just have to deal, because ignorant will always be around.

I just do my thing; let everyone else do their things.

choppie

Mar 15, 2002, 10:52 PM
Post #13 of 40 (1258 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I would like to make it clear that I have no dislike, let alone hate, of those of Scottish descent, though I was involved in a freak bagpipe incident as a small child that has left me wary of those who pipe.
I tried to point this out to Zlipper by stating that Sean Connery was the best Bond, he in turn told me that Sean was actually French (who would of thought it?) and Now I am resigned to hating Mr. Connery, because as an american climber it is important to hate all that is French.
In closing I would like to remind those who choose to quote chat room conversations, perhaps you should pay a little more attention
to what is really being said and the tone in which it is spoken or written, before running out and declaring the sky is falling.
Peace

gilthanass

Mar 15, 2002, 11:12 PM
Post #14 of 40 (1258 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I really think people should just stop being so sensitive. If something is said without malice, then let it go! it is not meant to hurt you! I mean, I am (half) scottish, and I would not be offended by that in the least! In fact, I am planning on wearing a kilt to my brothers wedding, and I have played the bagpipes, but that doesn't mean I am going to get offended by joking about it! I also have a friend that lives in scotland (met him counseling at a camp) we used to make fun of each other all the time, good stuff, everyone asked him whether he had electricity in scotland, and whether people wore shoes on their heads and hamburgers ate people. As long as something is good natured, I say go at it, have fun, and take your shots at good old canada, we can take it (and dish it back out) .

Steve

climbinganne

Jun 7, 2003, 10:34 PM
Post #15 of 40 (1258 views)
Shortcut

bring out your dead [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I would like to make it clear that I have no dislike, let alone hate, of those of Scottish descent, though I was involved in a freak bagpipe incident as a small child that has left me wary of those who pipe.

I tried to point this out to Zlipper by stating that Sean Connery was the best Bond, he in turn told me that Sean was actually French (who would of thought it?) and Now I am resigned to hating Mr. Connery, because as an american climber it is important to hate all that is French.

In closing I would like to remind those who choose to quote chat room conversations, perhaps you should pay a little more attention

to what is really being said and the tone in which it is spoken or written, before running out and declaring the sky is falling.

Peace

bump...hahahahahaha...i remember this chat...choppie you kill me

this is prolly the only thread fawn started that i even came close to understanding...where is camhead :lol:

i miss spank_spank

niceporch

Jun 7, 2003, 10:51 PM
Post #16 of 40 (1258 views)
Shortcut

Re: bring out your dead [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

LOFL!

jipstyle

Jun 7, 2003, 11:20 PM
Post #17 of 40 (1258 views)
Shortcut

bah hypocrite [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
You're all ignorant. You won't accept people. I'd love to make fun of you people. But it just won't feel right so I won't.

So you insult us all instead. Hrmmm. Interesting.

Main Entry: hyp·o·crite
Pronunciation: 'hi-p&-"krit
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English ypocrite, from Old French, from Late Latin hypocrita, from Greek hypokritEs actor, hypocrite, from hypokrinesthai
Date: 13th century
: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion

kriso9tails

Jun 8, 2003, 12:09 AM
Post #18 of 40 (1258 views)
Shortcut

Re: bah hypocrite [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ignorant is such an overused term, but it has almost no practical application.

winkwinklambonini

Jun 8, 2003, 12:26 AM
Post #19 of 40 (1258 views)
Shortcut

subject.....wtf? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

people who judge are dumb.........

people who don't see irony are dumberer...........

rockfax

Jun 8, 2003, 12:50 AM
Post #20 of 40 (1258 views)
Shortcut

Re: subject.....wtf? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

some dcikhead said "as an american climber it is important to hate all that is French. "

How so?

mick
www.rockfax.com

rockfax

Jun 8, 2003, 12:51 AM
Post #21 of 40 (1258 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

people who don't judge are dumber........

So you are OK as you just said, "people who judge are dumb", which is a judgement..

Mick
www.rockfax.com

smiley

Jun 8, 2003, 12:55 AM
Post #22 of 40 (1258 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh, okay, yeah that's because of what happened with Iraq. France was selling arms to Iraq to make money, even though they're supposed to be American allies.

winkwinklambonini

Jun 8, 2003, 1:00 AM
Post #23 of 40 (1258 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

that may be true, and that is bad.

but we invaded Iraq for no reason.

and rockfax, I'm not sure about your post, you realize that was a joke right?

smiley

Jun 8, 2003, 1:06 AM
Post #24 of 40 (1258 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
that may be true, and that is bad. but we invaded Iraq for no reason.

Well, I know there are a lot of people who would agree with you there. From my own background, I agree with it, simply because it must have been awful to live under Hussein. I've noticed, and it's just my observatiion, of course, but nations that do nothing when others are suffering such terrible turmoil end up getting involved anyway for another reason. One way or another, it seems if we ignore the problem, we end up paying a price later that will eventually enlist our help. (IMHO.)

winkwinklambonini

Jun 8, 2003, 1:23 AM
Post #25 of 40 (1258 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well maybe no reason isn't accurate. It seems like there were several reasons, and the administration would switch back and forth depending on which one seems most genuine at the time. Links to Al Quida: No evidence, WMD's: No evidence. Finally, people are oppressed: Bingo! If Bush's heart ached when he thought of the suffering of the Iraqi people, then I am wrong about him. But I don't trust him at all, he is lying.

BTW, his press secretary is the best liar I have ever seen, quite impressive.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook