RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

1269topper

Jan 20, 2004, 1:27 AM
Post #1 of 4 (2623 views)
Shortcut

Advice About Hip Injury
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I hurt my hip this summer turning out my leg since then I had this pain in the front of hip. I was wondering is this a "hip Pointer" Or what exactly is a hip pointer.

Any exerciese that you can suggest to help streghten your hip area mussels. I was thinking easy biking, mixing with some easy trail hiking and lots of streaching and staying off my skis for a bit.

polishbob

Jan 20, 2004, 4:03 AM
Post #2 of 4 (2623 views)
Shortcut

Re: Advice About Hip Injury [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

there isn't enough info in your post to answer your specific question, what is it. you might have a few things. for one you can have a deep hip flexor injury (iliopsoas). you might have also injury of TFL (tensor facia late), wchich is the muscle along with your gluteus maximus that it band originates from (iliotibial band). iliopsoas test would be very simple. flat on your back with your knee at about 90 degrees have someone try to straighten your leg, just above the knee. using about 20lbs of pressure there should be no movement of your leg. if there is you have an issue with your iliopsoas. also on your back with your leg up, to the side and your foot turned out. try someone to push, if failure same thing.
also you might have an issue with one of your adductors (the pain is usually in your groin) or with your rectus femoris. muscle tests performed by somone who knows would narrow it down in a few minutes.
coxal joint is one of the most stable joints in your body, so dislocation are very rare.
use ice in the area of soreness to decrease inflammation and pain. slight ROM excercises at first- can't have any pain with the movement.

climbon_stone

Jan 26, 2004, 5:36 PM
Post #3 of 4 (2623 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yea, it sounds like yer hip flexor. ive done it a dozen times....gone for the large stance on a traverse, or dyno. i pull it all the time. now...how to prevent it...strech your hip a lil b4 warm up...warm up..then strech it more. when it is ingured, ice it, and mabe take some gluclosomine (love that shit). thats what i do...and just go easy on yer hip. hope that helps. o and to strech it, act like yer kneeling on one knee to pray. and push forward, u should feel that flexor strech.
later
good luck

Paris

sidewaysmaster

Jan 26, 2004, 7:07 PM
Post #4 of 4 (2623 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Could be a labrum (cartilage) tear too, in which case only time will make it feel better. Try not to stretch it the direction it hurts.

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook