Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Lovers Leap in March
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

steve_in_scotland

Jan 21, 2004, 12:38 PM
Post #1 of 4 (2125 views)
Shortcut

Lovers Leap in March  (North_America: United_States: California: Lake_Tahoe: Lovers_Leap)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi,
I'm a scottish climber and I'll be over in SanFran with work for a week in March. I don't mind cold weather but will it be possible to climb at Lovers Leap in March?
Is there anywhere else you would suggest for a trad outing (I climb up to about 5.9 and prefer trad) ???? I'll have the weekend free and I'll have a car. Is Yosemite a stupid idea?
Also any ideas on finding a partner?
Thanks for any help.

Steve

jerrygarcia

Jan 21, 2004, 1:59 PM
Post #2 of 4 (2125 views)
Shortcut

Re: Lovers Leap in March [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ill be living in Lake Tahoe by then. Send me a PM and I may be able to come meet you at lovers leap or somewhere around the lake.

dsafanda

Jan 21, 2004, 2:40 PM
Post #3 of 4 (2125 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I love climbing at Lover's Leap in early season before the crowds arrive. April and early May are often great. March could be pushing it. There could still be a lot of snow on the ground. It totally depends on the kind of weather we get over the next few months. Just have to wait and see. Phantom Spires is will be a good option in March.

However, Yosemite is not a stupid idea. It's probably the better idea. The drive from SF to Yosemite is only about an hour more than it is to Lovers and the Valley will be warmer.

Partner phylp

Jan 23, 2004, 2:51 AM
Post #4 of 4 (2125 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dave, he's a SCOT. Maybe he would prefer to bivy in the snow at the Lover's Leap campground and then climb on a predominantly north facing cliff running with meltoff!!! That's casual for those guys! :D

Scottish person - Yeah, Yosemite Valley will be a much better bet in March. Lot's of opportunity for dry, sunny trad climbing in that range you mention. Just put a post in the partners section as well and I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding a partner for the weekend...

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook