Premier Sponsor:

danyelle

Jan 17, 2004, 5:35 AM
Post #1 of 8 (276 views)
Shortcut

Skiing anyone...??? Particurally Central PA
Report this Post
Can't Post

Looking for anyone interested in hitting the slopes this season in the Central PA...Southern New England region. I have noticed a lot of us that climb seem to enjoy the winter sports during the off season in the east and I have brand new skiis that could stand a partner or two.

I live in Mercersburg for those of you that might like Whitetail Ski resort and have travelled all over the states...east and west. My favorite resort close to home is Blue Knob where I will be carving some turns this weekend for sure.

Anyone intersted in joining me now or later in the season...Drop me a line. I'd love to make some new friends and maybe hit the cliffs together when mother nature thaws us out.

Danyelle

charley

Jan 17, 2004, 1:37 PM
Post #2 of 8 (276 views)
Shortcut

Re: Skiing anyone...??? Particurally Central PA [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Morning Danyelle.

danyelle

Jan 17, 2004, 3:40 PM
Post #3 of 8 (276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah Chickies is a nice place. Variety of routes to keep the locals happy. If you ever change your mind about traveling for skiing let me know. I'll be carving as much as I can this season all over the tri state area. Even looking for a few good folks to hit NH/VT/MA early this spring.

Danyelle

Partner tgreene

Jan 17, 2004, 3:49 PM
Post #4 of 8 (276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If you want to ski in a really beautiful area, you should drop down to Deep Creek Lake, MD and ski at WISP. The resort is built on the edge of the lake, and from a distance, it almost appears as if the slopes run right down into it... It's a very fun and somewhat upscale place.

styndall

Jan 17, 2004, 8:15 PM
Post #5 of 8 (276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

That's the weirdest spelling of "particularly" I've ever seen.

danyelle

Jan 20, 2004, 2:09 PM
Post #6 of 8 (276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah yeah so my spelling isn't very good in the wee hours of the morning...Who am I kidding, it's normally that bad, HAHAHA.

Oh and Wisp...well been there. Was not impressed in the slightest, but to those that like it, tootles. It's nothing personal of course, I just happen to be very critical of most ski resorts. I'm particularly critical of those in the middle eastern states. I tolerate them because of their close proximity to home, but I've been spoiled by much nicer terrain in the west so it's not a fair comparison. Of the ones within a 2-3 hr drive from home there are a scarce few that would rate more than 2 1/2 stars for me. But I take what I can get and pray for good cold snowy winters, like the one we are blessed with thus far :)

Danyelle

dookie

Jan 20, 2004, 3:08 PM
Post #7 of 8 (276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

seriously, having grown up ski racing in NH and now living in the mid-atlantic.... it's apples and oranges. You can't really compare, because it'll just get you down :)
I would love to get some turns in with you, but the price of skiing these days is far from do-able for me, so I can't really do it often.

danyelle

Jan 23, 2004, 6:37 PM
Post #8 of 8 (276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dookie,

Eh neither can I, afford it often that is. I'm with you on the price issue. One of a few reasons I usually plan small local trips to Blue Knob. Only $23 for 9-5 ticket all but one mid-day week. They have ladies, mens and student days. Between all of the categories, there is only one day I don't qualify for a discount :)

Let me know if your wallet can afford even one trip. I'd be happy to go anytime.

Danyelle

P.S. As for cheaper skiing, I found Tahoe out west to be quite affordable. Especially Diamond Peak and Mt Rose. Less than $25 a day mid week.

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook