Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Quickie: crack house roof?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

timmet

Mar 23, 2002, 4:56 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1707 views)
Shortcut

Quickie: crack house roof?  (North_America: United_States: Utah: Moab: Indian_Creek)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

We're heading to Moab/IC Sunday but expect to arrive too late to be worth breaking out the cords. I've heard of a long, roof-crack boulder problem called (?) Crack House Roof. Could you help me by providing directions to it? Danke in advance.

spyder4evr

Mar 23, 2002, 6:13 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1706 views)
Shortcut

Quickie: crack house roof? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i don't know where it is but in the movie masters of stone 5 it shows dean potter doing it. It looks burly it is an overhanging crack for like a 30 foot traverse then a 80 foot overhung crack then a sloping topout he called it the crack house cause after hanging upside down and climbing that long that it feels like your on hardcore drugs. As to where it is i don't know that i wish i did but just ask locals when you get there.

clmbnski

Mar 24, 2002, 4:56 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1706 views)
Shortcut

Quickie: crack house roof? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

last time I was in moab I got a map called "moab West" It shows all the mountain biking trails and 4x4 trails. In one spot to the west of the town of moab it says "crack house" I think the map is at bike shops. I hope you have 4x4 because the map shows it to be far from pavement

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook