First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

katydid

Mar 16, 2004, 6:22 PM
Post #26 of 118 (3786 views)
Shortcut

Re: Asses... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

We can't change anything if you won't help us change it. We've offered you a possible solution, and you don't appear to be interested in taking advantage of it. Nebulous references to threads don't help us look into anything.

Simply put, without your help, we can't help you.

Please read Amber's post above -- we're happy to help you out if you will please give us links to some specific threads in a private message to any admin. She's given you a link to all of our user names, so you can pick the person you'd feel most comfortable talking to.

Personally, I don't recall ever having had anything to do with you other than to see your name on a forum here and there (and to reply to this post). You're more than welcome to PM me with examples of the problems you perceive with your relationships with any mods. We admins will look into them, and see what resolution we can reach.

If you don't PM one of the admins, I can only assume that you don't really want to resolve the problem and that you just want to complain.

Regards,

k.

PS: We discuss these issues in the Admin forum.

uhighfreak

Mar 16, 2004, 6:28 PM
Post #27 of 118 (3786 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Go Climb. It is spring and wonderful. Climb. See the title of this website, rockclimbing.com, not worryabouttheadminsandwhatIcanandcannotsay.com. I, too, have taken some criticism for what I have posted and for some of my ideas. I have gotten pretty upset, at first, about how people responded and what they said. I had to get over it. Sometimes people just disagree. But, what ties us together is the love to climb. Unfortunately for you, you are not an admin. Get outdoors, climb more, and stop bi--hing about people not liking your ideas or admins that are in on a secret plot to get everyone to hate you and/or your ideas. Climbing is so much more relaxing and fun. And this kind of post is only helping the admins cause anyway. LOL

P.S. -> The admins are running the website for a reason. They are the bosses because of experience and a common understanding. Don't push them, because they rule and you do not

jello

Mar 16, 2004, 6:29 PM
Post #28 of 118 (3786 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Come on diesel, This is an internet site that doesn't need to be taken too seriously. You can get pissed at admins or users but the reality for me is the years I've been climbing I have really only met a few climbers in person that I didn't care for, and the majority have been pretty cool people! 8)
Get out and meet some!

Hope you have a better day.

josephine

Mar 16, 2004, 6:39 PM
Post #29 of 118 (3786 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dang...I love you people!

diesel___smoke

Mar 16, 2004, 6:41 PM
Post #30 of 118 (3786 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

True, most climbers I've met have been chill, this site paints a bad picture of everyone.

Perhaps I should just accept this place for the twisted, deranged site it is, rather than try to change it.

diesel___smoke

Mar 16, 2004, 6:56 PM
Post #31 of 118 (3786 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Don't push them, because they rule and you do not

But isn't it fun to see how far you can push before they'll push back?

Perhaps I should just accept this place for the twisted, deranged site it is, rather than try to change it.

Partner calamity_chk

Mar 16, 2004, 7:10 PM
Post #32 of 118 (3786 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

diesel,

we discuss problems between users and staff in the admin forum to best protect the confidence of those involved. the conversations are blunt and to-the-point where different admins generally take responsibility for researching different aspects of the situation. in short, we do our best to get a full view of what's going on and discuss in the matter in very frank terms.

after making my post, i received a pm from a mod who indicated that you two are trying to work out a resolution, and i personally have sent a pm to you to find out more specifics about your complaint. kate and phil are also excellent resolving disputes. if you have a specific beef with a mod, feel free to contact any of us, but complaining about general dissatisfaction doesnt get you very far because there's not much that can be done about it - not because we're apathetic, but because there's no specific problem to resolve.

in short, the more clearly that you can articulate your grievance, the more likely it is that we will be able to help you resolve the issue.

diesel___smoke

Mar 16, 2004, 7:14 PM
Post #33 of 118 (3786 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't care much for the hassel, but things need to change. If you want to know the problems with this site, it's simple - look back over my public accountability thread.

Change is good and natural, but in the end, nothing will likely change - because the people 'running the show' here are too deeply 'intrenched' and fear they'll lose too much by changing anything because of their own bizarre and twisted perspectives.

climberchic

Mar 16, 2004, 7:27 PM
Post #34 of 118 (3786 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I don't care much for the hassel, but things need to change. If you want to know the problems with this site, it's simple - look back over my public accountability thread. Change is good and natural. But in the end, nothing will likely change - the people 'running the show' here are too deeply 'intrenched' and fear they'll lose too much by changing anything because of their own bizarre and twisted perspectives.

Holy cripes.....do you even read what you're writing??

You are spending waaaaay too much time here if you think anyone here gives a flip enough to weave and mastermind your conspiricies.

It's a rock climbing website forum on the INTERNET, dood. Release the hate and get a grip already.

Go climb before someone in the real world has you committed.

caughtinside

Mar 16, 2004, 7:32 PM
Post #35 of 118 (3786 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Assess? Ok.

Whiny Beeatch user diesel.smoke starts his second thread in 2 weeks complaining about the moderating on a free website.

That's what I see. :P

diesel___smoke

Mar 16, 2004, 7:36 PM
Post #36 of 118 (3786 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This thread has become counterproductive, as I predicted it would...

Partner calamity_chk

Mar 16, 2004, 7:42 PM
Post #37 of 118 (3786 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Change is good and natural, but in the end, nothing will likely change - because the people 'running the show' here are too deeply 'intrenched' and fear they'll lose too much by changing anything because of their own bizarre and twisted perspectives.

wow dude, you need to lay off the weed.

as part of the team 'running the show', i can assure you that the biggest conspiracy that i'm up to is trying to get internet access into red rock canyon for RRR.

though, if you're going to slap us in the face with the olive branch that was extended to you, i'm certainly not going to pry further. when you're ready to talk specifics about what's bothering you, let us know.

if you want to believe that we're all out to get you, then that's the "reality" that you've created for yourself.

diesel___smoke

Mar 16, 2004, 7:50 PM
Post #38 of 118 (3786 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Forget it, this site is hopeless. Lock it, delete it, modify it, tarpit me, I really no longer care... use this website for what it's worth despite it's indiscretions, but don't bother changing it... for you won't be heard.

beesty511

Mar 16, 2004, 8:03 PM
Post #39 of 118 (3786 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

To be a mod, you need to have committed at least one federal crime on the internet(e.g. rrradam), prompted more than one person to contemplate murder(e.g. jt512, or any other rec.climbing subhuman), unethically pumped the rating of your climbing photographs(e.g. broganadams and his progeny), or generally be a poster who distinguishes himself by having a high insult to knowledge ratio. Lack of logic, wasting other mod's time, coming up with useless ideas like the route database, and putting a large number of emoticons in your posts are all relevant in determining qualified candidates.

climberchic

Mar 16, 2004, 8:09 PM
Post #40 of 118 (3786 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
To be a mod, you need to have committed at least one federal crime on the internet(e.g. rrradam), prompted more than one person to contemplate murder(e.g. jt512, or any other rec.climbing subhuman), unethically pumped the rating of your climbing photographs(e.g. broganadams and his progeny), or generally be a poster who distinguishes himself by having a high insult to knowledge ratio. Lack of logic, wasting other mod's time, coming up with useless ideas like the route database, and putting a large number of emoticons in your posts are all relevant in determining qualified candidates.

And just who might YOU be, with your recent born-on date and vast knowledge of RC.com history??

Sorry, but you don't get a deep-seated and maniacal hatred of this place with 22 posts. See above hate-spewer. You have to spend waaaaaay too much time here to get that whacked.

So, c'mon. Who are ya, ya lil' bugger?? :P

Jody, perhaps? :wink:

:D :lol: 8) :roll: :wink: :?: :arrow: :idea: :!: :shock:

diesel___smoke

Mar 16, 2004, 8:11 PM
Post #41 of 118 (3786 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

HAHA this is great, and exceedingly true. Out of public interest and protection, has a incident report been filed with the proper authorities in regard to the rrradam hacking incident? Or was that swept under the rug too?

scubasnyder

Mar 16, 2004, 8:13 PM
Post #42 of 118 (3786 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

never had a problem :?:

caughtinside

Mar 16, 2004, 8:15 PM
Post #43 of 118 (3786 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
This thread has become counterproductive, as I predicted it would...

Heh heh, nice call, jacka$$. But tell me, based on your initial post, how this thread ever had a chance to be productive in the first place.

You'll rail against the system and the powers that be, but yet, you will continue to post here and cruise the site. You aren't the first 'misunderstood iconoclast' here, and you won't be the last.

Partner calamity_chk

Mar 16, 2004, 8:16 PM
Post #44 of 118 (3786 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Forget it, this site is hopeless. Lock it, delete it, modify it, tarpit me, I really no longer care... use this website for what it's worth despite it's indiscretions, but don't bother changing it... for you won't be heard.

clarification, when users articulate a finite problem with backup, we look into it. if they provide pragmatic solutions to clearly-defined problems, we try to make it happen. however, it must also be recognized that while we address these things as quickly as possible, we also must prioritize these tasks with our current workload.

hell, when users just want to sit back and bitch about vague problems with the site, we provide an avenue for that as well. however, it's silly to assume that we can begin to address a problem that was never defined in the first place.

you complain about a thread that you've previously posted. provide a link and we'll look at it. personally, i have no clue what thread you're talking about and dont particularly have the time to dig through each of your posts trying to figure out wtf you're talking about.

however, i would like to point out that while you are complaining about how no one will listen, two admins and at least one mod have tried to get more information from you about your grievance, but you wont respond to pm's and will do nothing more than throw your hands into the air and say "forget it" - which accomplishes little more than making you look like the newest drama queen/conspiracy theorist of rc.com.

zozo

Mar 16, 2004, 8:16 PM
Post #45 of 118 (3786 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This whole thread is like reading a Kafka novel.

diesel___smoke

Mar 16, 2004, 8:26 PM
Post #46 of 118 (3786 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
two admins and at least one mod have tried to get more information from you about your grievance, but you wont respond to pm's...

Oh yes, put pressure on me from someone I respect to get me to change the title. By the way, I thought PMs were private, why are they being discussed amongst moderators and admins again?

jt512

Mar 16, 2004, 8:42 PM
Post #47 of 118 (3786 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

And just who might YOU be, with your recent born-on date and vast knowledge of RC.com history??

Don't know, but it sounds like someone who couldn't hack it either here or at rec.climbing.

And his qualifications for mod are incorrect, or at least incomplete. Failing the employment application at REI is also acceptable credential.

-Jay

Partner calamity_chk

Mar 16, 2004, 8:46 PM
Post #48 of 118 (3786 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Oh yes, put pressure on me from someone I respect to get me to change the title. By the way, I thought PMs were private, why are they being discussed amongst moderators and admins again?

if you would prefer, i can edit the title myself. technically, it's a breach of TOS, but we prefer to give users the benefit of the doubt.

private messages are private. i see no breach of confidence in my saying that i pm'd you, and you never responded - especially since you're whining about how unresponsive the staff is. the reason that i know other people have pm'd is because they pm'd me to say that they've contacted you based on my responses to this thread. the reason that we communicate this way is to avoid overwhelming users with responses from staff - i have no idea what any of the private messages sent to you said, except the one that i sent.

though, if you're so uptight about us communicating with each other to try and figure out wtf you're talking about, maybe we should be more suspicious of you and your agenda?

now, here are my thoughts on the situation - this thread is looking more and more like a troll. if you're willing to make a productive discussion of it, wonderful - let's talk. otherwise,it will likely be moved to community with the rest of the trolls and flamewars.

diesel___smoke

Mar 16, 2004, 8:55 PM
Post #49 of 118 (3786 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Why would I respond to people I don't trust, who will likely become harassive again?

climberchic

Mar 16, 2004, 9:05 PM
Post #50 of 118 (3786 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
And his qualifications for mod are incorrect, or at least incomplete. Failing the employment application at REI is also acceptable credential.

-Jay

:lol: :lol:

Hmmm...I passed that. Must've slipped through the cracks...

Does failing the REI credit card application count?? :P

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook