Post #1 of 26 (866 views)
Shortcut

Re: What the Iraqis say...a year later. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

[quote="danooguy"]
In reply to:
Where the f--- is my average $1500 tax reduction

Judging by the above, you probably don't have the wherewithall to find out. Taxes were reduced. Yours were too. I personally posted the stats on this board. Its a fact. Deal with it.

In reply to:

Sorry, danoo, but the fact is that your stats are incorrect. I may not have the wherewithall to find it but my accountant does, and I am most definitely not $1500 better off than I was at this time last year. Here's another fact: I now pay nine times more for health insurance than I did 3 years ago.

Oh look, here's an opinion: The extra that I pay for insurance just about equals my tax savings!

danooguy

Mar 17, 2004, 2:01 AM
Post #2 of 26 (866 views)
Shortcut

What the Iraqis say...a year later. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Poll: Iraqis say life better now
Tuesday, March 16, 2004 Posted: 6:21 AM EST (1121 GMT)
Iraqis say life is better now, but they are concerned about security, joblessness and local services.

LONDON, England -- A majority of Iraqis believe life is better now than it was under Saddam Hussein, according to a poll by broadcasting organizations released to coincide with the first anniversary of the U.S.-led invasion.
And almost half -- 49 percent -- of those questioned believe the invasion of their country by U.S. and British troops was right, compared with 39 percent who said it was wrong.
The poll -- the first nationwide poll in Iraq since the war -- was commissioned by ABC of the U.S., Britain's BBC, Germany's ARD and Japan's NHK.
Some 57 percent of respondents said life was better now than under Saddam, against 19 percent who said it was worse and 23 percent who said it was about the same.
Iraqi people appeared optimistic about the future, with 71 percent saying they expected things to be better in a years time, six percent predicting it will be worse and nine percent the same.
But Iraqis are concerned about conditions in their country, the poll shows.
They have considerable worries about joblessness, security and basic services like electricity.
"The positive attitudes and the high expectations and optimism are quite striking, with majorities telling us their lives are going well," ABC polling director Gary Langer told The Associated Press.
"Expectations carry risks, however. If these are unmet, there could be political consequences."
Seven in 10 say the availability of jobs is poor and nearly that many said the same about electricity. Almost three-fourths gave a positive rating to local schools, however.
The biggest overall concern nationally was regaining public security -- named as the top concern by almost two-thirds in the poll, 64 percent. That was far higher than any other priority.
About half said they oppose the presence of coalition forces, but few want those troops to leave now -- wanting soldiers to stay until the Iraqi government is in place or until security is restored.

Only 25 percent said they had confidence in coalition forces to deliver their needs. There were far higher levels of confidence in Iraqi religious leaders, 70 percent; local police, 68 percent; and the new Iraqi army, 56 percent.

justsendingits

Mar 17, 2004, 2:02 AM
Post #3 of 26 (866 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Book em Dano!!!!!

Partner cliffhanger9

Mar 17, 2004, 2:03 AM
Post #4 of 26 (866 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yes

vanny37

Mar 17, 2004, 2:31 AM
Post #5 of 26 (866 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It's amazing this made it out from under all the bad news from Iraq the media loves to tell of all the time. Things have been getting better and its great to hear it from the Iraqis themselves.

cupton

Mar 17, 2004, 6:27 AM
Post #6 of 26 (866 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thats awesome to hear. Who are we liberating next? We have a lot of liberating left to do. Lets get started.

Move over whiny liberals we are busy liberating the world.

Partner tradman

Mar 17, 2004, 10:26 AM
Post #7 of 26 (866 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Cupton drooled:
In reply to:
Move over whiny liberals we are busy liberating the world.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're so pathetic it's actually funny!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

djmeat

Mar 17, 2004, 3:43 PM
Post #8 of 26 (866 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

:lol:

IT's so nice to see the conservatives justifying bad foriegn policy to each other. Nice Echo chamber you guys have going. Hope it works out for you in november. BWAHAHAHAH

Partner j_ung

Mar 17, 2004, 3:48 PM
Post #9 of 26 (866 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
And almost half -- 49 percent -- of those questioned believe the invasion of their country by U.S. and British troops was right, compared with 39 percent who said it was wrong.

Almost half think what they have now is better than what they had before? Considering what they had before, almost half seems pathetic to me. I'll also point out that more than half do not feel that it was the right thing to do.

Saddam needed to go, no doubt. But it certainly could have been done, if not peacefully, then at least with UN backing, more foresight as to how a new government would come into power and a little truthfulness on the part of my government.

So, when exactly are we headed to war for human rights in all of the other countries who are ruled by madmen? Answer: when they strike oil.

The world is in chaos and George Bush's policies deserve at least a little of the blame. It's time for a change, and if John Kerry is all that's available, then fine. He has my vote.

This issue is only one of many on which I'll stake my vote. Wanna talk taxes? I'm about as middle class as they come folks. Where the fuck is my average $1500 tax reduction?Oo! Oo! Let's not discuss the deficit. Our kids will worry about that one. The environment? Without breathable air, there are no other issues, and still, Bush hands out corporate gifts to the detriment of our air, lands and water.

This is the worst president I can remember. Once apon a time I considered myself a centrist, but no longer. Bush's time is almost up and there is a Democratic front more united than ever that agrees with me. Bye bye Bush. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

danooguy

Mar 17, 2004, 8:15 PM
Post #10 of 26 (866 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Almost half think what they have now is better than what they had before? Considering what they had before, almost half seems pathetic to me. I'll also point out that more than half do not feel that it was the right thing to do.

One might surmise that if you were among the butchers and henchmen working for Hussein, and there were many many thousands of them that profited from the murder and brutality, you might prefer that he were still in power. If you were one of his soldiers and there were many, many thousands, you might still prefer that he were in power.

In reply to:
The world is in chaos and George Bush's policies deserve at least a little of the blame. It's time for a change, and if John Kerry is all that's available, then fine. He has my vote.

Vote for whomever you please. But ask yourself this question? Who would Iran prefer? Korea? Libya? What motivated Quaddafi to surrender his nuclear weapons program?

In reply to:
Judging by the above, you probably don't have the wherewithall to find out. Taxes were reduced. Yours were too. I personally posted the stats on this board. Its a fact. Deal with it.

In reply to:
Let's not discuss the deficit

Point taken.

Its only been one year since we began to march on Iraq. One year later we are still at war there, yet the majority of Iraqis feel they are far better off even as the fighting goes on. Is it perfection? By no stretch...but it ain't bad considering what the naysayers predicted.

Hey dj, what happened to your killfile? :D :D :D

deleted
Deleted

Mar 17, 2004, 9:43 PM
Post #11 of 26 (866 views)
Shortcut

import_temporary [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

import_temporary

robscate

Mar 17, 2004, 10:27 PM
Post #12 of 26 (866 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

IT's so nice to see the conservatives justifying bad foriegn policy to each other. Nice Echo chamber you guys have going. Hope it works out for you in november. BWAHAHAHAH

yes the policy of selling nuclear secrets to the chinese, allowing foriegn intellengence agents to permeate the deepest of levels of US weapons research, and allowing terrorists to strike US targets without punishment was a much better policy

wildtrail

Mar 17, 2004, 10:38 PM
Post #13 of 26 (866 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

IT's so nice to see the conservatives justifying bad foriegn policy to each other.

Amen, brutha'!

Typical of republicans and conservatives. Even thought they are smart enough to know that Bush is a pile of steaming dog doodoo and has done nothing in his first term that resembles improving anything, they'll never admit it.

As long as a republican runs on the ballot, they'll vote for the person.

That's why liberals are better. At least if a candidate sucks serious ass (like Bush) we'll vote for someone better. (btw: I do vote both ways)

It is NOT better in Iraq, danoo and you and I both know it.

I wonder how things are in Madrid?

Bush sucks ass!

wildtrail

Mar 17, 2004, 10:39 PM
Post #14 of 26 (866 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
yes the policy of selling nuclear secrets to the chinese, allowing foriegn intellengence agents to permeate the deepest of levels of US weapons research, and allowing terrorists to strike US targets without punishment was a much better policy

Funny how all that seems to happen when a Republican is in office. Hmmm... :roll:

Then a useless war insues and American's die for oil. Odd, isn't it?

Nice try, man. :wink:

Gotta give ya credit though. Yer stickin' wit yer beliefs. :) (seriously)

djmeat

Mar 17, 2004, 10:48 PM
Post #15 of 26 (866 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

oh wildtrail you have missed so many awesome sigs of mine. (modesty is for the weak) I think I will have to bust out some of my oldies but goodies. Stay tuned in folks it's time for a trip down memory lane.

wildtrail

Mar 17, 2004, 10:51 PM
Post #16 of 26 (866 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

She's kinda hot. :oops: :lol:

wildtrail

Mar 17, 2004, 10:51 PM
Post #17 of 26 (866 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh, yeah! Nice signature, by the way. :wink:

robscate

Mar 17, 2004, 10:59 PM
Post #18 of 26 (866 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

RRRRRttt wrong answer, all of these happened under the liberals blessed Bill "the horn dog" Clinton. not mention impossing enviromental policies that are not only illegal but immoral as they have destroyed the lively hood of entire towns

Funny how all that seems to happen when a Republican is in office. Hmmm... :roll:

Then a useless war insues and American's die for oil. Odd, isn't it?

Nice try, man. :wink:

Gotta give ya credit though. Yer stickin' wit yer beliefs. :) (seriously)

wildtrail

Mar 17, 2004, 11:23 PM
Post #19 of 26 (866 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Wrong again. All this has been happening since Reagan supplied them with weapons. Duuuuhhhhh!

Maybe even longer. :wink:

You're blessed Bushes did nothing either, so it's the pot calling the kettle black, buddy. :wink:

cupton

Mar 17, 2004, 11:42 PM
Post #20 of 26 (866 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tradman- I hope you didnt take that seriously, it was meant to be sarcastic. The scary thing is I actually know people who make comments like that while sober and mean every word of it.

robscate

Mar 18, 2004, 12:05 AM
Post #21 of 26 (866 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Wrong again. All this has been happening since Reagan supplied them with weapons. Duuuuhhhhh!

^^
so what your saying is that no administration has had a better foriegn policy than any other.... and it would be safe to assume that if John Kerry where elected the foriegn policy still wouldn't be any better...

Maybe even longer. :wink:

You're blessed Bushes did nothing either, so it's the pot calling the kettle black, buddy. :wink:

wallwombat

Mar 18, 2004, 2:00 AM
Post #22 of 26 (866 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I watched a PBS documentary the other night- Frontline : Beyond Bagdad. Check that out- http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/beyond/

Lots of interviews with soldiers, community leaders aid workers and people in the street. very good doco. Watch and make up your own mind.

Partner j_ung

Mar 18, 2004, 2:40 AM
Post #23 of 26 (866 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

[quote="danooguy"]
In reply to:

In reply to:

Sorry, danoo, but the fact is that your stats are incorrect. I may not have the wherewithall to find it but my accountant does, and I am most definitely not $1500 better off than I was at this time last year. Here's another fact: I now pay nine times more for health insurance than I did 3 years ago.

Oh look, here's an opinion: The extra that I pay for insurance just about equals my tax savings!

Partner j_ung

Mar 18, 2004, 2:43 AM
Post #24 of 26 (866 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oops, glad that was only an opinion, cause it was wrong. Judging by the ol' calculator, my health insurance tab actually far exceeds my tax savings.

danooguy

Mar 18, 2004, 2:52 AM
Post #25 of 26 (866 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Sorry, danoo, but the fact is that your stats are incorrect. I may not have the wherewithall to find it but my accountant does, and I am most definitely not $1500 better off than I was at this time last year.

Jung, you're posting complete nonsense. Who guaranteed you $1500 savings? Not the government and most certainly not me. I defy you to show me proof of such an guarantee. The facts I posted are just that, facts. All marginal brackets were reduced.

Refute the facts if you can, otherwise you are just spewing BS hoping someone will believe you. Then you post more crap about your health insurance as though the two issued were connected somehow to current events? Ask your tax advisor to do your taxes again under the rules in place for tax year 2002. Maybe that would open your eyes, but judging by the crap your posting I seriously doubt it.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook