RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

slavetogravity

Mar 19, 2004, 12:10 PM
Post #1 of 1 (1107 views)
Shortcut

Request for topo submission.
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Dear managers of Rockclimbing.com.

For as long as I have been a active member of your web sight I, like so many, have taken it upon my self to submit useful information to your data base. Realising the potential to share relevant climbing information on this sight I began submitting hand drawn topos of climbing areas that I frequent and climbs that I have done. All the topos that I have submitted are of areas that either donít have any information published on them, or the information that is available is only found in the form of out of date, out of print guide books or is shown as a obscure foot note in a climbing magazine. Ever since I began submitting these topos Iíve received a lot of positive feed back from the climbing community. I have been pleased to receive compliments buy people who have used my topos and have been equally pleased when, on occasion, Iíve run into a climber Iíve never met at a local crag using one of my topos. Recently I was on a climbing trip to Australia and while there my climbing partner and I climbed a route in a isolated area in Tasmania known as the Acropolis. Before arriving in the area we managed to find a guide book for the area (it was a black and white pocket sized rag that was published back in 1991, found buried in a box under a bunch of old climbing mags) it was given to us for free buy the shop keeper because we where the first people to ever express an interest to climb in the area. After six days of climbing all I can say about the Acropolis is, itís world class. Naturally, after returning home I began submitting photos and info about my trip to Oz. That is until I submitted information on my climbing in Tasmania. While there we climbed a route called The Plenipotentiary, of all the routes described in the guide the route description was among the most obscure, it didnít have a photo, or topo. All it had was about 10 lines of text describing the climb and its grade of difficulty. Naturally, this climb was a good candidate for some better description, and thatís exactly what I did. I submitted what can be described as the best, most accurate, most detailed information available anywhere on this climb. Unfortunately, due to your rules of photo submission the photos where not accepted. One photo- the topo- required me to splice together three photos, and had text written on it. I know that when submitting topos the user must submit them in a ďlowĒ format. Due to the detail of the photo anyone who would chose to print this topo would find that itís good for nothing because the resolution of the photo isnít good enough. The solution to this problem is simple. Allow me to submit the topo in a ďhighĒ format. Please donít allow this resoure to be squandered, and permit me to keep doing what I hope you think is good work.
Thank you.
Sincerly, Aaron Kristiansen

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook