RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Mental Training: The Rock Warrior's Way

Premier Sponsor:

timpanogos

Mar 30, 2004, 12:14 AM
Post #1 of 1 (2599 views)
Shortcut

Risk Assessment
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Well I went both ways on risk assessment yesterday – got on a super flaring and super expando crack.

I’m standing on about a #3 stopper that is a marginal placement – Next piece is about a 3” cam – as I start to test it – the flake opens – like a door – and the piece I’m standing on shifts. I bailed, not because of fall factor at that exact time, but realizing I need more expando experience on something a bit tamer (like a busy trade route) verses something that has likely only been climbed a few times in the last 10 years.

I promptly move over to my project – heads been working on the f2 potential all week. I make the choice – I’m willing to climb to failure – and damned if I did not. Took the biggest fall I’ve even done – a kind of factor 2 – kind of because it was 12’ over and about 8’ up (over the traversing ramp) so the dynamics of bouncing off the ramp and then doing the penji tumble for about 12’ ending up about 20’ below my anchor!

Once again, those ramps are spanking this wanna-be warrior!

Here are some pictures – hell I feel like a warrior!

http://www.rockclimbing.com/...iewtopic.php?t=56123

I do believe this fall did help my head – hey the solo system works! Maybe a long sleeve shirt next time?

Chad

Forums : Clubs : Mental Training: The Rock Warrior's Way

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook