Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

overlord

Apr 10, 2004, 9:16 PM
Post #26 of 33 (2465 views)
Shortcut

Re: college v. climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

you can be a full time student and still kick ass climbing. one slovenian competitor is actually an A student and about to graduate.

andy_reagan

Apr 10, 2004, 9:43 PM
Post #27 of 33 (2465 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Why work harder than you need to?

Graduate school.

g.lee
Deleted

Apr 10, 2004, 9:49 PM
Post #28 of 33 (2465 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

depending on how good you are at studying and getting things done on time ie not leaving things to the night before will affect your climbing time alot. yeah like most people have said do your assignments when you get them and when your not climbing or attending class use that time to study, then you may just be able to keep the same hours of climbing that you originally had. It also depends on how well you want to do at college and if your attitude is c's gets degrees or if your one of those 'honors' students, and you have to take this into consideration. Im not sure if this is at all helpful or adds anythin more to what people have already added but i hope it helps. The main thing to keep in mind is to HAVE FUN! and dont get to stressed about the work load neverending assignments and all that is completely normal :P good luck anyways

bsignorelli

Apr 10, 2004, 9:58 PM
Post #29 of 33 (2465 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Graduate school.

Overrated...

But nonetheless...with the way current post-grad schools are looking they might be happy to get a white female applicant. At least that's what a couple of friends were told when they were looking at engineering grad school.

Bryan

outhere

Apr 10, 2004, 10:23 PM
Post #30 of 33 (2465 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

oh yeah..dont do anything just because your parents want you to. Do it because you want to! trust me, you'll have a much better life!

vivalargo

Apr 11, 2004, 12:37 AM
Post #31 of 33 (2465 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

One of the reasons I kept going to college was to make sure I could keep climbing. If you live in New Jersey, you're dust. You need a car, a little dough for gas, a crag and a gym nearby -- then it's just a matter of scheduling your time.

BTW, I've got a bunch of fancy degrees and never once, in my professional life, has anyone ever inquired about my education. But I'm sure glad I have it.

JL

Partner iclimbtoo

Apr 11, 2004, 1:03 AM
Post #32 of 33 (2465 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm graduating this May. I've done more climbing the last 4 years at college than I could have dreamed of. And yet, I still tell myself that once I get out I will be able to climb even more. I worked at the climbing wall at our school...it didn't help. If your school has a climbing wall, DO NOT WORK THERE!!!! Get an easy job, with flexible hours, and become good friends with the staff members at the wall. If you work there, you spend more of your time working and hanging in your harness than climbing...just look out for that. If you can have lofts in your dorm rooms...I put up climbing holds all over my loft and would boulder out of bed some mornings. Also, sometimes you can builder the various buildings on campus...and that's just the start of the NON-TRADITIONAL stuff!! Then there's all the REAL stuff you can do...

majoringinclimbing

Apr 11, 2004, 2:45 AM
Post #33 of 33 (2465 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You will definately find time if it is a priority to you. Especially if you do not mind staying up late to do homework if you have it!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook