Forums: Climbing Partners: US - West Coast:
Partner for Yosemite needed weekend of April 24th..
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - West Coast

Premier Sponsor:

thomaskeefer

Apr 7, 2004, 10:50 PM
Post #1 of 8 (1948 views)
Shortcut

Partner for Yosemite needed weekend of April 24th..
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

First time trying to meet up on RC.com for a partner and a little leary but well see..
I would like to do the royal arches to crest jewel link up or anything fairly moderate in the valley (mid ten and under). I could get there as early as Thursday night or just for a day on Friday, Saturday or Sunday..
Thanks..
BTW: cimbing for a while and leading trad for about 9 years~ Highlights of last year were Grand Teton car to car quick ascent and Dark Star Route on Temple Crag in the Sierra East Side among other things..
also, done royal arches before have NOT been on crest jewel

thomaskeefer

Apr 9, 2004, 5:46 AM
Post #2 of 8 (1948 views)
Shortcut

Re: Partner for Yosemite needed weekend of April 24th.. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

OK... sorry that I am not a single female looking for a 5.6 rope gun to provide a good time for.. how can you post looking for a partner on a weekend looking to do something as classic as the royal arches to crest jewel link up on this site with nary a response but then see a chick with "my ass is multidirectional" as a signature with zero (sorry not flaming you) experience get pages of responses..... they have places for dating dating services.. did not think that this was one of them!~ F'in pathetic!!

watersprite

Apr 9, 2004, 5:42 PM
Post #3 of 8 (1948 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

give it time - there are lots of nice people on here and you should be able to find a partner easily- or go to Yosemite and post a note at Camp 4 - easy!

squishclimber

Apr 11, 2004, 7:53 PM
Post #4 of 8 (1948 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Just got back from the Valley and there is water pouring down most everything. Royal Arches had a serious amount of water coming down at the traverse pitch and many pretty damp spots at other places. I scoped it out with Binocs.......Way too many tourons there right now with spring break and all but there are still many good climbs to be had.

thomaskeefer

Apr 12, 2004, 12:15 AM
Post #5 of 8 (1948 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

thanks for the beta... Is it safe to say that the flow rate changes from day to day at this time of year? I have been heading to the valley for a few years now but not with enough frequency to be able to talk about this aspect of the early spring.. this time last year everything was soaked and most parking pull outs were small pools.. two weekends ago I climbed out at manure pile and on the GP apron and both areas were pretty dry.
What do you think the conditions on the E butt of Middle Cathedral or Central Pillar of Frenzy will be this time of year?? Read a post of Supertopo but seems like traversing snow above that gully is asking for probs.. (central would avoid this obviously)
Thanks for those who have replied!!!

Partner tim

Apr 12, 2004, 12:23 AM
Post #6 of 8 (1948 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Central Pillar usually has a snowcone at the base this time of year. Nothing that would stop you from doing the route and in fact it can save to 20-30 feet of that awkward corner on the first pitch! I would be really surprised if you couldn't find *someone* around Camp 4 who was interested in doing it with you, it's a great route and justifiably popular. I don't know whether you were looking to do the full route or rap down the Bircheff-Williams (spelling?) but when I did it we rapped off after pitch 5 with no problems whatsoever, 2 or 3 double-rope rappels to the ground.

I'd offer to go with you but I really do think you'll find a partner or ten at Camp 4 when you get there. I personally am a bit paranoid about 'new' partners lately.

Have a great trip

doki

Apr 13, 2004, 5:22 PM
Post #7 of 8 (1948 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Actualy!!! my friend she went up to the valley last week and she was telling me that she's goin' to climb R.A.-C.J. link up. And she's still in the valley... As soon I talk to her I let you know how it does! I'm going up this weekend for climbing soo hopefully i have beta by then!!!!!!!!

emilb

Apr 20, 2004, 4:55 PM
Post #8 of 8 (1948 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I will be in the Valley the week of May 10th and was interested in doing Crest Jewel. I know that doesn't help you out but I would love to hear what you think of the route afterwards.

Regards
Emil

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - West Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook