RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

graysondamondamian

Apr 27, 2004, 1:11 PM
Post #1 of 6 (1521 views)
Shortcut

Down-Voting
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

What the f*ck is up with people down-voting photos?! Not only mine, but I have found great photos with ratings of 5 and below. Those people suck,

overlord

Apr 27, 2004, 1:20 PM
Post #2 of 6 (1521 views)
Shortcut

Re: Down-Voting [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

it happens. sometimes somebody jsut doesnt like your picture, other times the picture really isnt as good as you think.

Partner missedyno

Apr 27, 2004, 1:59 PM
Post #3 of 6 (1521 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i posted a few pics... nothing really that special, but one of them received an 8 on it's first vote. That was kind of cool, since it was my favourite. It stayed at 8 for a few days, and then got a second vote that took it all the way down to 6.5. a bit harsh, i think. none of my other pictures were voted on, so it looks like this one was only voted on to knock it down from an 8. it wasn't on the front page!

silly people.

e_wire

Apr 27, 2004, 2:54 PM
Post #4 of 6 (1521 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
it happens. sometimes somebody jsut doesnt like your picture, other times the picture really isnt as good as you think.

I agree with you... I submitted lots of picture here and voting was harsh. But hell, this is what's about... you submit with rating, people will vote on what like and don't like. I also often see really bad shots with 10 rating. Usually this is from 1 vote only... by the submitter! I think shots with an 8 or higher rating should be magazine quality shots. Not regular tourists butt-shots (shots of climber taken from bellow, where you end up only seeing the climbers butt).

e_wire

overlord

Apr 27, 2004, 3:12 PM
Post #5 of 6 (1521 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

your vote on your own photos doesnt count. but your friends does :wink:

Partner rrrADAM

Apr 27, 2004, 4:54 PM
Post #6 of 6 (1521 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This has happened for years, has been posted about for years (so this post is nothing new), and we've even made changes to the voting system to remove much of this... Not all, but much less than was before one had to have an approved pic to be able to vote, as users would create many IDs just to vote their pics up and others down. Hell, I seem to have pissed of a few, and they bomb my pics also... Big deal.

One thing... There are lots of TROLLs on the Net, and they love to pick on people who are easily upset, so complaining abou tit might be counterproductive.

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook