RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - MidWest

Premier Sponsor:

kc09

Apr 30, 2004, 12:12 AM
Post #1 of 15 (3282 views)
Shortcut

Any female climbers in chicago?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Private Reply | Can't Post

Hi there! My name is Kristin, I'm in Chicago for the summer from California and I'm looking to get out as much as possible.... Devil's Lake, Southern Ill, RVG, anywhere. I'm interested in trad, sport, or bouldering so PM me if you're interested in some weekend excursions! Kristin

organic

Apr 30, 2004, 12:17 AM
Post #2 of 15 (3282 views)
Shortcut

Re: Any female climbers in chicago? [In reply to]
Report this Post

Hey Kristin head up to Vertical Endeavors in Warrenville you will probably mee ta few women, which you could climb with.

kc09

Apr 30, 2004, 12:21 AM
Post #3 of 15 (3282 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I'm actually working at one of the gyms in the city but none of the girls I've met have ever climbed outside and don't really have an interest. I'm stoked to climb with guys too but it seems weird meeting them over the internet and then meeting up for a weekend campout. Thanks for your quick response though!

thegodfather

Apr 30, 2004, 12:24 AM
Post #4 of 15 (3282 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

where in chicago are you giong to be? my fiance is on the north side for another month or so, then moving up to wisconsin with me (because we are getting married!), but she is always looking for other girls to climb with, especially up at DL.

kc09

Apr 30, 2004, 12:26 AM
Post #5 of 15 (3282 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I live in Lincoln Park, tell her to PM me if she's interested! Congrats on getting hitched!

thegodfather

Apr 30, 2004, 12:32 AM
Post #6 of 15 (3282 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

thanks, we are excited! she isnt a member of this site (she teases me because i have online boyfriends...its true...), but there are a few of us headed up there this weekend, if you interested. PM me if you are up for it.

mingleefu

Apr 30, 2004, 12:35 AM
Post #7 of 15 (3282 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
I'm actually working at one of the gyms in the city but none of the girls I've met have ever climbed outside and don't really have an interest. I'm stoked to climb with guys too but it seems weird meeting them over the internet and then meeting up for a weekend campout. Thanks for your quick response though!

Hey.
I am a student at U of Illinois - champaign. Not only am I UofI climbing club member, I'm also the president. (well, not offically till summer...) We have a pretty good clan of people who will be sticking around campus this summer, and you're welcome to clamber on down to So IL with us some time.
Admittedly, the club is mostly dudes, but you said you're okay with that. There's also some girls who climb too, but the guys tend to organize the trips for some reason.

Our webpage is http://www.uiuc.edu/ro/climbingillini and you can contact us there. Also check out the yahoo newsgroup which is always getting traffic (linked on that site).

PM or email me sometime when you want to go South. (some of our club members will be at home in chicago for the summer, so you could likely catch rides with them. or something.)

Partner greenspace

Apr 30, 2004, 12:48 PM
Post #8 of 15 (3282 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

i know of one female climber in Chicago. but due to privatization laws I cannot diclose ericka's name here. oops. erickaclimbstoo might get a little upset at me for doing that. :shock:

kc09

Apr 30, 2004, 2:41 PM
Post #9 of 15 (3282 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Don't worry, I won't tell Erika that I got her name from you, your secrets safe with me! :)

ramylson

Apr 30, 2004, 2:55 PM
Post #10 of 15 (3282 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

First.. welcome to the area.

Second, something you might be interested in checking out is the Midwest GTG thread. Usually, if anyone is planning on climbing somewhere around the midwest (or elsewhere actually), it'll get mentioned in there to see if anyone else is interested in joining in. It's worth the view at the very least. And, there is a GTG getting planned for the beginning of June up at Devil's Lake. Hopefully we'll see you around this summer. :D

ladsquared

May 2, 2004, 11:26 PM
Post #11 of 15 (3282 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

hey kristin,

which gym do u work at? i used to work down at vertical endeavors in warrenville, but the hike was just too much for me. despite the cost for driving ($2 a gallon!), i still make the drive down there to get on rope. btw, i live in the north "burbs of chicago. lately, i have been climbing at hidden peak. that's in the near north side of the city (i think).

let's see....i primarily sport climb down at the red river gorge, KY and at jackson falls. i have also bouldered down in so ill. where have u climbed in CA?

send me an email if you want to get together at ve....i can drive!

-Lesley

burn

May 3, 2004, 4:22 AM
Post #12 of 15 (3282 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

we are headed to the holy's this weekend if you are interested. we'll be at fitplex on monday and wednesday night.

sroehlk

May 3, 2004, 9:55 PM
Post #13 of 15 (3282 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
hey kristin,

which gym do u work at? i used to work down at vertical endeavors in warrenville, but the hike was just too much for me. despite the cost for driving ($2 a gallon!), i still make the drive down there to get on rope. btw, i live in the north "burbs of chicago. lately, i have been climbing at hidden peak. that's in the near north side of the city (i think).

let's see....i primarily sport climb down at the red river gorge, KY and at jackson falls. i have also bouldered down in so ill. where have u climbed in CA?

send me an email if you want to get together at ve....i can drive!

-Lesley

Hey there! I live on the North Side in Lakeview. Which gym do you work at? PM me if you feel like climbing sometime. I've been to most of the gyms in the area and head out to VE at least once a week and also used to work there. (Hi Lesley! Let me know the next time you’re heading to the peak, I haven’t been there in awhile)

maww

May 4, 2004, 1:12 AM
Post #14 of 15 (3282 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Welcome to the Midwest! I personally hate it here but that's just my opinion(and my disposition towards the area improves as we ease out of winter and into warmth). :) :)

But I'd be glad to get together with you sometime. I live in Milwaukee but I'm free most weekends to road trip. I'm really new (3 months in the gym and that's it) but am super excited to get out on some real rock! Send me a PM sometime or maybe we'll see you at DL next month!

Welcome again.

erickaclimbstoo

May 11, 2004, 1:34 PM
Post #15 of 15 (3282 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Ahhhah Yeah Thanks Chris! I'm up for some Female climbers. That sounded bad! :lol:

Anyways...I'm back got the ok from the doc to climb again so just let me know what's up kc09 don't worry about meeting peeps on the web most of my climbing buddys are form here they ROCK! :shock:

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - MidWest

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook