RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Technique & Training

Premier Sponsor:

tomma

May 18, 2004, 11:24 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1060 views)
Shortcut

hard bouldering + longer traverses
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

do you think (or know from experience) if it makes sense to combine hard (relative) couple-of-moves bouldering with longer power-endurance traverses/problems (still bouldering though);

after a warm-up i like to work on my current max-problems and then switch to easier but longer (several moves) pieces; this ordering seems natural, of course i never do it the other way round, but is there a chance of some real (possibly long-term) improvement on the hard problems (=max strength)?

overlord

May 18, 2004, 2:11 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1060 views)
Shortcut

Re: hard bouldering + longer traverses [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

youd probably do better if you focused first on power and then on power endurance (when training). you can go with something as simple as 2 weeks of power and then 2 weeks of power endurance.

adeptus

May 19, 2004, 6:21 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1060 views)
Shortcut

Re: hard bouldering + longer traverses [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You´re training the right way.
Do your power problems after a warm up, while you´re still fresh. When you start feeling that you can´t pull at your maximum power move on to power-endurance or endurance.
If you did it the other way around your power wouldn´t improve, because you would never pull at your maximum power.
One thing you could change is, as overlord said, to start training in blocks. Do 4 weeks of endurance, 3 weeks of power and then 2 weeks of power-endurance. That way you would get the fastest improvements.

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook