RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Climbing Photography

Premier Sponsor:

chrisjones

May 18, 2004, 5:22 PM
Post #1 of 9 (4544 views)
Shortcut

digi camera?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

so i want to buy a digi camera... i am looking about the 350 price range... which one should i go with? or should i just get a sweet camcorder?

Partner philbox

May 19, 2004, 12:27 AM
Post #2 of 9 (4544 views)
Shortcut

philbox moved this thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

philbox moved this thread from General to Climbing Photography.

redtroublemaker

May 19, 2004, 7:40 AM
Post #3 of 9 (4544 views)
Shortcut

Re: digi camera? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hey It depends on what you're photographing. The camcorder would be awsome for all your stuff that pix just can't capture. Like that perfect series of moves to get to the top of that one awsome boulder. How many times have you gone, Damn it I wish I would have gotten that on camera. Plus, you can go home and see where you might have went wrong or review it right there. And trust me getting "series" action shots is not easy. You have to just repetitive keep pushing the button. However, a camera is great for all around everything. You can take it everywhere that you can't take your camcorder. Another thing. I tried to photograph boulderers with a digi camera and was just having a pain of a time because the couple I've tried don't have a fast enough shutter speed to catch the moment at precisely what you want. So you end up with a totally different image than that of what you originally wanted. I went back to a regular camera and sold my digi because of it.

hema

May 19, 2004, 8:14 AM
Post #4 of 9 (4544 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Somehting like Canon A80 (or A75) should be good for you. They can take short videoclips and don't have that long shutter lag. Taking pics on digicameras takes just a little practice (ie the mentioned shutter lag, so you have to take the pic a bit earlier than when you really want the pic to record).

And to redtroublemaker the shutters at digicams are jsut as fast as on normal roll-cameras, it is the SHUTTER LAG that causes the problems (which is usually around 200 to 500 ms).

emotionus

Jun 4, 2004, 2:24 AM
Post #5 of 9 (4544 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

most digi's i've seen is you can half-hold down the capture button to prep the shutter, then just finisht he click and it lands it when you want.

njari

Jun 4, 2004, 3:58 AM
Post #6 of 9 (4544 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, you're not going to get a "sweet" camcorder for $350, but you could get a good, light camera. I really like my Canon Digital Elph. http://www.powershot.com/...hot2/s400/index.html

Oh yeah, you can also get a waterproof case for it, so you can take pictures underwater http://www.bestbuy.com/...4962767&type=product.

Even if you don't do this, its a really small, rugged camera that takes great pictures.

xprompt

Jun 4, 2004, 5:01 AM
Post #7 of 9 (4544 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i want the digital s400 or this...
http://www.steves-digicams.com/..._reviews/exp600.html

i wish i was rich

karlbaba

Jun 4, 2004, 5:07 AM
Post #8 of 9 (4544 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I just got an Olympus C60. Tiny 6 megapixel with a bright LCD. Perfect for climbing. $368 shipped from Butterfly photo (no hassles good service ask for Sam, I get no cut, have no relation)

Peace

Karl

enjoimx

Jun 4, 2004, 6:09 AM
Post #9 of 9 (4544 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i would recommend the canon g3 or the canon a70 or 80 as mentioned earlier. I have the canon a60 which is the a70 predessesor (spell?). The canon line of point and shoot cameras is super awesome. They have fully manual adjustable settings. The picture quality is high above most other makes of camera. The color of the ccd's and cmos sensors in their cameras is amazing.

If you have a lot of cash that you want to spend (1000 bucks) buy the canon digital rebel. its one of the cheapeast full featured DSLR's on the market.

good luck. message me if you wanna see sample pics of the canon a60 on my website.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Climbing Photography

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook