RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Competition Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

uhh

May 22, 2004, 10:42 PM
Post #1 of 13 (2894 views)
Shortcut

how come rock climbers cant add?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

ok there was a bouldering comp in concord friday night (21st) i go and i climb pretty good... (all the v4's all the v5s cept for one and a v6 and v7)
so they put me in the male 14-19 category (im 15) and theres only one kid that is as good or better than me so they call up results and i find out i get 4th.. im like what the hell i did sooo much better than the other kids ( i was climbing with them) so i ask for my score card and add it up myself, the people were 200 pts off and i would've gotten 2nd or 1st.... why the hell cant rock climbers add?!!!

curt

May 22, 2004, 11:00 PM
Post #2 of 13 (2894 views)
Shortcut

Re: how come rock climbers cant add? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Some of them can't spell or use punctuation correctly either. :wink:

Curt

gumbobob

May 22, 2004, 11:05 PM
Post #3 of 13 (2894 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i'm like, totally in agreement with you. Like, the other day and stuff, i was totally hanging at the gym and this dude stole my tuna fish. I was like soooo pissed off so i was like, "What the hell man" and he was like, "Hey man, finders keepers" so then like i grabbed a big pusher hold and hit him in the head. but it like totally backfired 'cause i got blood all over my sick, new prana gear...goes to show, dude, goes to show...

metolius21

May 22, 2004, 11:15 PM
Post #4 of 13 (2894 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

thkdtkjktgjy

climbingfreak45

May 22, 2004, 11:57 PM
Post #5 of 13 (2894 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey that was a good thing for me. they added a 1000 points to my score by accident. it was great. But it didnt matter I still came in 8 out of 11 peeps.

Partner wormly81

May 23, 2004, 12:15 AM
Post #6 of 13 (2894 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

where are the moderators when you need them. Please rename this forum "How come boulderers cant add?" Thanks!

valeberga

May 23, 2004, 12:28 AM
Post #7 of 13 (2894 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
ok there was a bouldering comp in concord friday night (21st) i go and i climb pretty good... (all the v4's all the v5s cept for one and a v6 and v7)
so they put me in the male 14-19 category (im 15) and theres only one kid that is as good or better than me so they call up results and i find out i get 4th.. im like what the hell i did sooo much better than the other kids ( i was climbing with them) so i ask for my score card and add it up myself, the people were 200 pts off and i would've gotten 2nd or 1st.... why the hell cant rock climbers add?!!!

what do you mean you "would've gotten 2nd or 1st"? You didn't ask for a recount at the comp? That's too bad.

timstich

May 23, 2004, 2:15 AM
Post #8 of 13 (2894 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi,

Here to help out. What you need to do is rephrase the question to "Why can't (name of person scoring the comp) F*CKING ADD?" and pose the question to your local comp participants. Then you might get some response. But to post your story here as some sort of general gripe about comps is...unsatisfactory. We need names, dates, and locations.

uhh

Jun 1, 2004, 2:37 AM
Post #9 of 13 (2894 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

well it was a free comp and i didnt wanna be a bitch about it since it was free and plus all the prizes were raffle but seriously this happens all the time at usac comps and its lame....

kachoong

Jun 1, 2004, 2:54 AM
Post #10 of 13 (2894 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

gumbobob wrote:
In reply to:
i'm like, totally in agreement with you. Like, the other day and stuff, i was totally hanging at the gym and this dude stole my tuna fish. I was like soooo pissed off so i was like, "What the hell man" and he was like, "Hey man, finders keepers" so then like i grabbed a big pusher hold and hit him in the head. but it like totally backfired 'cause i got blood all over my sick, new prana gear...goes to show, dude, goes to show...

That's so funny!!

edge

Jun 2, 2004, 12:41 PM
Post #11 of 13 (2894 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
but seriously this happens all the time at usac comps and its lame....

I'm assuming you have competed in USAC comps all over the country to make such a blanket statement?

Some of the problems arise with the use of a laptop to score the comps. The top five routes are scored by finding the climber's name on the spreadsheet and then entering the route number. If the number is illegible or entered wrong, then you will get incorrect scores, and it is always acceptable to question the RC afterwards if you suspect an error.

In New England North, I get a group of volunteers to go through the cards one at a time and total the scores manually. After this, we pass them to another volunteer to get a confirmation. If the two volunteers come up with different scores (rare), then we have a third person check the card until a consensus is reached. This means that I have to spend a couple hours later at home entering the scores on the spreadsheet for the website, but A) we have had no incorrect scores all season and B) it actually saves time.

climbhigh2005

Jun 12, 2004, 11:32 PM
Post #12 of 13 (2894 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

like I totally get ya... :lol:

areyoumydude

Jun 13, 2004, 12:57 AM
Post #13 of 13 (2894 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Some of them can't spell or use punctuation correctly either. :wink:

Curt

Word.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Competition Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook