Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

badass

Jun 16, 2004, 9:09 PM
Post #76 of 115 (12283 views)
Shortcut

Re: Fred Rouhling vindicated (finally) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Actually I am older than you Gumbo.

rispo

Jun 16, 2004, 11:23 PM
Post #77 of 115 (12284 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I'll shutup when you start climbing hard. Till then you are the child. Besides how smart are you if you spend all of your time doing something to not even be good at it?

Just because you climbed 13's its no excuse to be a conceded d*ck. You're 13 years old and if you ever talked like this to someones face you'd get your @$$ kicked. Besides you could just make that whole list up so your achievements hold no water on the internet.

ikefromla

Jun 17, 2004, 12:22 AM
Post #78 of 115 (12284 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I wanna send Badass's "Six Finger Man," which he claims to be 14a, and downgrade it to 5.12.
In other news, the article was both engaging and informative. While Roughling's route L'autre Côté du Ciel is chipped, the moves look HOT and I wanna send it. No, I would never chip, but what's done is done and that climb looks choice.

gumbobob

Jun 17, 2004, 12:44 AM
Post #79 of 115 (12284 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

oh yes badass...and it shows...
remember age is relative when compared to maturity...

climbin_high

Jun 17, 2004, 1:08 AM
Post #80 of 115 (12284 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My wayner is so BIG that I use it as a kickstand when I'm tired of standing.

dynamicpanda

Jun 17, 2004, 1:17 AM
Post #81 of 115 (12284 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

About Badass:
Why would anyone ever want to stay at Crowder's Mtn long enough to send a 14a? I dont doubt that the route is hard, but isnt Crowders supposedly the chossiest crag in the whole Southeast. If you are going to put up a 14a, at least make it enjoyable. Anyway, chill out on the spray man.

About Fred Roughling:
Fred Roughling seems like a good guy. He may have chipped before, but he apologizes in the article. The stuff he has climbed looks insanely hard. Overall, I think this was one of the best magazine articles since Thesenga was fired.

badass

Jun 17, 2004, 2:29 AM
Post #82 of 115 (12284 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Why does everyone think i'm 13, i'll have to go check my profile.

xanx

Jun 17, 2004, 2:39 AM
Post #83 of 115 (12284 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

[snore]

can't u guys spot a troll user by now?

take a look at Badass's profile... pure troll... i'd be surprised if he boulders V8 frankly. can anyone confirm a single one of his ascents? or his FA? any proof at all?

badass

Jun 17, 2004, 2:43 AM
Post #84 of 115 (12284 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Six Finger Man has already seen a second ascent by my friend Nrvna963 and he confirmed it to be 5.14a.

crux_clipper

Jun 17, 2004, 2:45 AM
Post #85 of 115 (12284 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

guys, you just don't get it do you. badass is a hardman. he's bouldered like V11. he is THE master of us all. let us bow down and lick his toes, for we should all be so lucky to be that close to him. he knows all and all he knows is everything. now let us praise him in his almightyness.

badass

Jun 17, 2004, 2:49 AM
Post #86 of 115 (12284 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Wasn't this post about Fred Rouhling originally?

holdstrong

Jun 17, 2004, 2:59 AM
Post #87 of 115 (12284 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

are these boards moderated? is there a terms of use?

i guess more importantly, is there a rock climbing website/forum out there that is a bit better at weeding out the nonsese so discussions can actually take place?

badass

Jun 17, 2004, 3:01 AM
Post #88 of 115 (12284 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah but I think even the moderators hate me so they allow it.

climbsomething

Jun 17, 2004, 3:03 AM
Post #89 of 115 (12284 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
are these boards moderated? is there a terms of use?

i guess more importantly, is there a rock climbing website/forum out there that is a bit better at weeding out the nonsese so discussions can actually take place?
Aww. I see you're new here.

But seriously (more or less) this nonsense IS the discussion, for better or for worse. It's just Web-talk "evolution" at work.

Partner j_ung

Jun 17, 2004, 4:34 PM
Post #90 of 115 (12284 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Aight, badass, I've been seeing your posts around for a while so it looks like you might actually stay. Therefore, I'm gonna lay it on you straight. No flames; just a bit of perspective so you understand why people aren't groovin' to your vibe.

1. Crowder's Mtn is a sh1t pile and practice wall is its sh1ttiest pile. Since your climbing record states that you've been to several choice crags, such as Hawksbill, I'm surprised you're so stuck on it.

2. Obviously you're a strong climber who isn't limited to a single style of climbing. Strong, diverse climbing is good. Strong, diverse climbing mixed with conceipt isn't. Your personal description in your profile makes you sound like the most conceipted person this side of the Mason-Dixon line. It makes peoples' skin crawl to see the ego slime drip from your posts like dung from the rim of a Linville pit toilet.

3. Your very user name is coated with the same dung. At this point in time you could post the exact text of Shakespeare's personal journal and people would still read, "I am an asshole. Worship me." No one is jealous of you. Most of us are sick of you.

My advice to you is this:

1. Re-register with a less abrasive user name.

2. Stop using your climbing acheivements in an attempt to prove that you're better than other people.

3. Contribute something to the site other than ego trips.

I hope this helps! Climb safe... or don't... whatever... I don't really care and I venture to guess that I'm not alone.

flashsixteen

Jun 17, 2004, 5:08 PM
Post #91 of 115 (12284 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Although I think you are a complete flamer, given your choice of assents that you wouldn't even think of gracing a climb lower than a 5.11, I will continue with the 5% chance that you are serious. I will have to support my fellow North Carolinian ...

In reply to:
Crowder's Mtn is a sh1t pile and practice wall is its sh1ttiest pile. Since your climbing record states that you've been to several choice crags, such as Hawksbill, I'm surprised you're so stuck on it.

It's been a while since I have been good enough to climb there, but if I remember correctly from my last intimidating visit, you could TR the practice wall with a 60-70 ft rope. Now, if I lived in the area, I would climb there all the time because it was close and it was climbing, but to boast about it makes me smell flames or fakeness. Anyone who has actually been to Crowders and been brave enough to lead it without falling off with one of the flakes knows your BSing it. No Burn Crack ... the signature climb? You might want to try something more Big Wall like Pilot Mtn, now there is some real climbing. Once you can climb Honey Pot we can talk. I know this is a waste of my time because you don't care, or you are laughing your butt off that we think your serious, but there is my two cents.

And I also agree with everything else he said.

Edited HTML code ... stupid "

rispo

Jun 17, 2004, 5:20 PM
Post #92 of 115 (12284 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Aight, badass, I've been seeing your posts around for a while so it looks like you might actually stay. Therefore, I'm gonna lay it on you straight. No flames; just a bit of perspective so you understand why people aren't groovin' to your vibe.

1. Crowder's Mtn is a sh1t pile and practice wall is its sh1ttiest pile. Since your climbing record states that you've been to several choice crags, such as Hawksbill, I'm surprised you're so stuck on it.

2. Obviously you're a strong climber who isn't limited to a single style of climbing. Strong, diverse climbing is good. Strong, diverse climbing mixed with conceipt isn't. Your personal description in your profile makes you sound like the most conceipted person this side of the Mason-Dixon line. It makes peoples' skin crawl to see the ego slime drip from your posts like dung from the rim of a Linville pit toilet.

3. Your very user name is coated with the same dung. At this point in time you could post the exact text of Shakespeare's personal journal and people would still read, "I am an asshole. Worship me." No one is jealous of you. Most of us are sick of you.

2. Stop using your climbing acheivements in an attempt to prove that you're better than other people.

I hope this helps! Climb safe... or don't... whatever... I don't really care and I venture to guess that I'm not alone.

lmfao good advice ahhahaha

bandycoot

Jun 17, 2004, 5:27 PM
Post #93 of 115 (12284 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Why does everyone think i'm 13, i'll have to go check my profile.

They think that you're 13 because you act like you're 6, but not many 6 year olds claim to climb as hard as your profile. 13 year olds do climb that hard so therefore they are assuming you're on the low end of the age spectrum of people climbing that hard.

j_ung - right on!

bandycoot

Jun 17, 2004, 5:29 PM
Post #94 of 115 (12284 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Back on track... How much longer is that Climbing magazine issue going to be on the stands. I really want to read that article out of curiosity but don't have a lot of time. Should I try to hit Barnes & Nobles this week or do I have time?

Partner climboard

Jun 17, 2004, 5:36 PM
Post #95 of 115 (12284 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

lmfao good advice ahhahaha

Sad but true.

badass

Jun 18, 2004, 3:48 PM
Post #96 of 115 (12284 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Why don't you respond to this. I spent a lot of time at crowders hidden wall sending the 12's and 13's because it is close to where I live and it's the only place to improve around here. As for practice wall it does suck. Everything except for Six Finger Man. If you have never done black flag direct which you haven't then you don't know how quality it actually is. No matter what opinions you people state the simple fact is to climb harder than 5.13 you have to go to at least chattanooga or lexington. Climbing sick slab just doesn't make you good on anything but sick slab. I train endurance and power. And as for my online name, bite me, I will be one of the best climbers in the world so deal with it.

Partner j_ung

Jun 18, 2004, 4:18 PM
Post #97 of 115 (12284 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Why don't you respond to this. I spent a lot of time at crowders hidden wall sending the 12's and 13's because it is close to where I live and it's the only place to improve around here. As for practice wall it does suck. Everything except for Six Finger Man. If you have never done black flag direct which you haven't then you don't know how quality it actually is. No matter what opinions you people state the simple fact is to climb harder than 5.13 you have to go to at least chattanooga or lexington. Climbing sick slab just doesn't make you good on anything but sick slab. I train endurance and power. And as for my online name, bite me, I will be one of the best climbers in the world so deal with it.

The world is filled with talented assholes, what's one more? You can send .16c on the flanks of K2 in a driving snowstorm, but if you're also a punk-ass little b1tch, which you are, then that's all anyone will ever see. You're a dime/a dozen. You're nothing but comic relief and minor amusement value. I hope you like houseplants; they'll be your only true friends.

Thanks for playing dumbass, have a nice day.

deafears

Jun 18, 2004, 5:01 PM
Post #98 of 115 (12284 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Badass, since this thread has become all about you, here's an important point about becoming "one of the best climbers in the world." You're going to have to get some routes done outside of your home areas before anyone takes your spray even marginally seriously. No downy-soft Red River Gorge endurance routes either (I flashed Mercy the Huff -- that thing might not get .12a at Rifle, so forget the .12c you give it on your tick list).

A handful of low-end .13s and one .14a = a good start toward becoming a strong climber. Nothing more.

Good job on your sends so far ... now get out on the road this summer and show us what you can do at Rumney, or The Endless Wall at NRG (not the jug-hauls at Summersville). Or come out to CO for a proper spanking at Rifle ... if you can send .14a there this summer, I'll buy you a case of cold ones (sodas, I guess, in your case). And, people will have to admit that you're on your way to way to becoming a for-real hardman.

Smith Rocks, VRG, Logan Canyon ... do some routes with established grades, on proper stone. Then we will see what's up.

dumbass

Jun 18, 2004, 11:09 PM
Post #99 of 115 (12284 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

He's not playing me. :evil: I'm heaps better than him. I'm going to be one of the bestest, most best, top ten best climbers in the whole wide world. I rock . I rule . My new proj Six Peckered Man is at least 14b. You guys are just jealous. You guys suck. :twisted:

climbsomething

Jun 18, 2004, 11:19 PM
Post #100 of 115 (12284 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

He's not playing me. :evil: I'm heaps better than him. I'm going to be one of the bestest, most best, top ten best climbers in the whole wide world. I rock . I rule . My new proj Six Peckered Man is at least 14b. You guys are just jealous. You guys suck. :twisted:
*chuckle*

Next month in Climbing magazine: badass vindicated (finally)

I'll go write the query now :twisted:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook