RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Alpine & Ice

Premier Sponsor:

kusanovic

Jun 28, 2004, 2:03 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1159 views)
Shortcut

Post deleted by kusanovic
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

biff

Jun 28, 2004, 3:14 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1159 views)
Shortcut

Re: who has climb 5.14a in alpine stile?????????? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

what exactly do you mean in alpine style.

Dos that mean hard (plastic or leather) alpine boots. Or Just a really hard climb to the summit of a high mountain?

Alex Huber did Belissima, in the Itialian Dolomites I think. It was graded in the 14's, or at least really hard 13. He worked the route many days. And then did a clean ascent ground up leading every pitch without a fall. I don't know if you would call that alpine style.

pirate

Jun 28, 2004, 8:49 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1159 views)
Shortcut

Re: who has climb 5.14a in alpine stile?????????? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

just a little further on that. Both the Hubber Brothers have climed some very hard Alpine Climbs the one in the Dollimites By Alex was first Done in the Winter so he could work out the moves to Free solo it! :shock: I had a chance last year to catch up with them when I was in Yos and we had a bit of pizza on the deck and a few Beers before they gave a presentation at the climbing shop. All i can say is at the time both brothers had some awesome projects realized in an Alpine enviroment.
If you get a chance to see any of thier video footage its definantely worth while. Alex Mentioned to me that his focuss was moving towards doing exactly that, pushing the alpine enviroment and persuing some hard free climbing in Alpine enviroments.

cheers :wink:

Shawn D

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Alpine & Ice

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook