Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

pirate

Jun 28, 2004, 9:20 PM
Post #1 of 34 (7922 views)
Shortcut

Mt Robson North face
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Im tenativly(sp?) heading to MT Robson June 30 to give the North Face an attempt and would like to talk to people that have actually done it (No B.S.ers please Ive talked to plenty of them already) We were there last week to scout and get ourselves dialed in. Man That is a bad asses looking face from the lake!
Of course this is dependent on the weather and how it shapes up. So far its changing for the better but if weather is too risky for an attempt on the king then we will just hit Skyladder or something more suitable for bad weather conditions.

Fast replies apreciated since after work Wed were taking off. Then its amarathon drive and then hike into Kinny lake grab a couple hours snooz , up to our crossing point just down from berg lake and then another bivvy so we can make the col by Fri and hopefully summit attempt on sat.
Yes Ive searched here and on google and have a couple questions. Particularly on The rock section Accessing the mist Glacier and the Berg Glacier option to Access the Helmet col.
A couple questions on the finish as well as the rock bands and a couple others.
BTW on google the TR Ive read everone has flown in and landed above the rock section except one team that did the Berg Glacier but they came in from the far side and we dont want to hike around the lake so were crossing the river.
Any Bata is much apreciated. :D

Cheers
:wink:
Shawn

ullr

Jun 28, 2004, 9:52 PM
Post #2 of 34 (7922 views)
Shortcut

Re: Mt Robson North face [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I climbed the Kain Face in '92 and had a blast. Descending the Mousetrap is interesting in places, but no big deal. Descending the Kain Route is pretty gravy as well.

Be safe, have fun, good luck. Who knows, maybe somebody will be skiing the N. Face while your on it. :lol:

pirate

Jun 29, 2004, 5:10 AM
Post #3 of 34 (7922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well the weathers made a change for the worse and the forcast is 100% rain for two of our most important days with 60% on the others which means even if we escape rain down low robson will be socked in.
We decided to postpone until the end of July when the weather is more stable there and instead of an Alpine trip Im going to take my girl to a place where the weather will be better and do some swimming on a beach and maybe a little trad climbing.
Im still very interested regarding info on the North face route so please post here or PM me.

cheers

Shawn

ullr

Jun 29, 2004, 2:54 PM
Post #4 of 34 (7922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Weather???????

We climbed it in the month of September. The rangers told us that year only 10 people summited mainly due to poor weather.

Our four day weather window was followed by poor weather on both sides. We lucked out tremendously.

Good luck later in the year.

drake

Jun 29, 2004, 3:35 PM
Post #5 of 34 (7922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Man, I wish I could tell you all about it. We hiked in a couple years ago and then my partner lost interest after seeing the size of the route :(

We did negosh the river crossing. Don't underestimate the time it takes to figure out the crossing. And it was still mid thigh and moving pretty good.
I hiked up the Dog Buttress untill it got uncomfortable by myself. I don't think I went far enough to the left. I would like to hear more about this part if anyone has any info on what the scrambling is like.

Drake

pirate

Jun 29, 2004, 4:53 PM
Post #6 of 34 (7922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Drake,
I agree with the butress part for sure. When we scouted, it seemed the guide books way is a no go. We looked at doing some of the ramps to the left and then trversing along one of the bands and gaining easier ground to the right of the gully. (we were just spotting of course and we looked from about 10 angles). The book shows you just go across the gully. but that looks much harder and definately too dangerouse when we were there as it had hollowd out snow in it.) once your above the lower section it aperas that it would be much easier sticking more to the right, on the easier terrain.

Since we want to go as light as possible were looking into gaining the berg glacier from the right side and travelling it up to the helmet col instead of doing the rock. Does anyone have pics of this from a good perspective like the the rock butress or the Helmet? By travelling this way we could avoid rock work and leave rock gear behind.

As it was when we went in for our dressed rehearsal approach our packs maxed our 50lb fishing scale with relative ease and I estamate fully loaded they were around 65lbs+ (thats too damn heavy)

Of course we would be much lighter with our harnesses on and the twin ropes payed out etc etc. But I can easily drop near 5 lbs if I leave out the rock gear. Im subbing my sleeping bag for either no bag or my very light down bag and will drop another 2lbs. little extras are gone that was another pound and I swapped some gear for lighter stuff like my binoculers for another pair allthough the same size thier 1/2lb lighter. A couple other things and Im sure Im down to about 55lbs when I add the extra food we will need and add a couple more screws to the rack.
once glacier travelling Im sure it will be around 30-35lbs and during the face climb about 25lbs including rack etc.

Well keep the info comming, I know there is a lot of others that would like to know as well. :wink:

Cheers

Shawn

luigi

Jul 2, 2004, 3:29 PM
Post #7 of 34 (7922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A Robson post!!! Were heading up there at the end of August, hopefully the weather holds up for a push on the North Face as well.

Pirate, could you give us some beta and possible pics when you get back. Have fun!!

Luis

drake

Jul 3, 2004, 10:20 PM
Post #8 of 34 (7922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My partner was a little old school so we hiked in heavy at 52 pounds. My gear list only has the packs at 47lbs 10oz but I think I could have them at 47lbs. 46lbs with one other change.
That's wearing boots, long underwear & helmet but everything else in the packs. I'm a little heavy on food and fuel but that will be cashed at the lake.
I have read about starting on the left side of Berg Lake and climbing/hiking the glacier to the left of the Lake.

pirate

Jul 6, 2004, 5:06 AM
Post #9 of 34 (7922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well i just got back from climbing in skaha and a little beach time too.

Climbed a few good trad cracks and my wife did awsome on her first time seconding trad. She cleaned everything smooth and didnt hang dog at all which was preety good cause there was a few spots that were tricky on some sustained climbing. I had to set up a few times with gear moved to my subracks that I anticipated would fit and then placed them in a very quick maner, these were for a few places that did not have any good stances for placing as it was there were also some good runouts.

Allright back to Robson. As anticipated i hear the weather sucked there for the last few days so I made a good choice driving to where girls are running around in bikinis.

As I mentioned were now heading there at the end of the month (If all goes acording to plan...That is if my partner doesnt leave me hangin...its happened a couple times but hopefully the way of the warrier can stand a chance against the way of the wife! Im glad I dont have that problem.)

I will be sure to post pics (but I can be slow at these things yeah yeah I keep meaning to write some trip reports and I really should put some pics up and fix my profile etc but Id rather be climbing eh.

i know there some good interest in Robson and I was amazed there havent been many post on the subject!??

Drake do you have any further beta on the glacier aproach for the N.Face?

To reiterate on my pack that was everything in the packs except what I was wearing which is My one piece underwear a pair of socks my sunglasses and my neapal extreme top La spotivas. (yes I just hike in my one piece underwear) All our gear is preety damn light stuff so Im having trouble getting my weight down to much further.
I do have a few idias and will be reworking some stuff but that weight has got to come down so I can move faster.
Well thanks to everyone that is posting on this subject, if anyone else has good info on robson particularly the North face please chime in.

BTW phoned a guy the other day that climbed the kain route and he said the descent is straight forward and the only tricky spot is going through the mouse trap. Now having said that the rest of hs story seemed a bit off ie he said they just heel kicked the whole way down the face and yet he said it was very steep on the way up front pointing the entire face and it being a bit freaky. then later he said it was like a walk off coming down?

This is contridctory to say the least and we all know its easier to go up shit like that instead of down unless its suitable for glassading which i have not heard that it is (but no doubt could be done in the afternoon when it softens) Even then if its that hard on the way up and then softens in the afternoon i will not be just heel kickin it all the way down the face without seriouse consideration preperation and alertness (he was indicating he didnt even have to use his general tool on the way down?)
I beleive that what hes saying maybe his perception of the truth but im taking that info whith a big grain of salt BTW he forgot his camera so he has no pics ( that does happen too but adds suspect.. Hell one of my wildest epics happened and I did have my camera and I did have film but I could take no pics due to the fact that at first the day was going so well and i was waiting till we got in further then when it was getting good The camera was incased in a block of ice and after I chipped ice from it the damn battery was jsut sucked dry when I tried to take a shot even trying to warm it inside my jacket was futile and so we did not even get a single pic on that whole epic....... and lets just say what an epic it was we stared death in the face a good few times and it took every whit and skill and will we had to get down unscathed.

Anyway Im rambling cause ive been on the road for 16 hrs today.

Cheers

Shawn

pirate

Jul 29, 2004, 3:10 PM
Post #10 of 34 (7922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well its time again to head to Robson,
We are going for the North face and have 9 days for the trip. Just checked the weather and of course its going to suck, well have to play this trip by ear.
Ive dropped a few ponds from my weight and Im still waiting for some of my wildthings gear to reach me in time. It hit Canada on Monday but its not here yet, If i get it in time then I will shed a bit more weight with my exposure/ clothing combination. buddies got the scale so I havent weighed in yet but hes got his gear/clothing everything except boots and water and food down to 47lbs (even including his underwear/ginch which I told him he could drop another pound if he washed them). we will only carry 2 Liters of water at a time and we have a very specific nutrition/meal profile incorporating many gel packs etc. so were going to be fairly light in the food dept too.
i want to pick up a few more pieces of gear too (and at trip time is the best because my wife encourages me to like saying why are you trying on your old plastic boots arent you taking your nepal extremes? gees you need to get some new boots why dont you pick up a pair for this trip?)
mmmm yes I could use a new pair of double boots and Im worried this trip will be quite wet and if use all 9 days my leathers will definately be wet and my Koflach Climba vara are/ well lets say when I bought them the lively green color was cool in fact thats when I owned lots of pink gear too yuck. Not to mention after like 13 years they have been around the block just a few times.
Well i want to check out the Vasque 9000 and the Ottomila's Hopefully someone has these in Calgary or Banff that I can scoop.
I also wanted to pick up the BD first lite tent but cant get one it time, so I guess it will be bivy sacks.

One other team has asked to join us. There thinking of doing the Kain but they want to bivy near us in the helmet col (hee hee there bringing a hammerhead tent so if its puking they will get to see what its like to sleep 4 in it. cause were not packing a tent and carrying the weight.)

Anyway I have to do some last minute stuff I will write when I get back.

cheers All
:wink:
Shawn

luigi

Jul 29, 2004, 6:35 PM
Post #11 of 34 (7922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Good Luck Pirate!!!!
Were heading their at the end of August. Let me know how it is, especially the river crossing and the approach to the Helmet-Roson col.

Luigi

pirate

Jul 30, 2004, 4:48 PM
Post #12 of 34 (7922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah I think we have a spot to cross the river we scoped on our recon trip, its lower down then where I think others are trying. tenatively were going to cross the river and skirt under the rock face traversing over to berg glacier and then gain berg glacier to gain access up to the col, but we will see when we get there if we see a good route up the rock we might do that but I think the Glacier will be the ticket in.
weather forcast is not good but we hopefully have enough spare/suffer days to get at least one shot.

I guess Im taking my la spotivas since no one has the vasque 9000 and I want to check them out before I buy a new pair of doubles.
My wild things gear came in so Im happy and can ditch my sleeping bag now since I can use the wildthings Half bag and wildthings belay over for sleeping I aslo got thier Epic hooded windshirt. After seeing now how thick and warm thier belay over is i think i could have used thier EP jacket i will know better when I get back if the belay was more than needed for the job.

i weighed in with all food gear clothes etc less water and gel packs I came in at 45lbs if Add water it will be 50 and the gels will add another 2-3lbs, and my damn leatherman if I choose to take it (its just soo heavy).

Since my weight is in check I will probably bring a pack of bagals and some nuttelo for the first couple days, i have lots of good food which I could dump if I need to but will be well recieved for the aproach and first days in, since I know the weathers going to suck I figured i would be a little luxery and bring a bit of food to cook like instant potatoe, this will help keep moral up instead of just sucking back another gel and eating a bar.
Totally loaded I dont think i will be over 55lbs going in and on the first day in i will dop probably 2 or 3 lbs in food by the second day when we go up to the Helmet cole I should be down to just under 50 lbs and with harness and rack on crampons etc rope run out yadda yadda my pack will probably be around 30lbs and on the climbing days will be more like 20-25

Well I wont post again until I get back we have up to 9 days and more if we absolutely needed we leave here at about 1700hrs and should just make MEC before they close to pick up a few things like gels webbing etc and we should be to robson by about 0200hrs then we will hike in to kinney or just past the bridges below the first section of steep gade trail.
sunday we should arrive fairly fresh up to berg and we will do the crossing and bivey thier until sunday when we should gain the helmet col if all goes well and we recoup early and the weather holds we should have our first attempt at the face on monday, the weather looks bad after that so we may get pinned down after monday for a few days before we could get another attempt.

Well Time to Take off eh!

cheers :wink:

Shawn

pirate

Aug 11, 2004, 4:38 PM
Post #13 of 34 (7922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

:D Okay Im back!
Well where to begin?
First off we did not summit although we decided not to try but Ill get to that in a second.

We satrted our trip by driving after work to Mt robson park and arrived by about 0330hrs and hiked to Kinney and slept for a couple hours (I started to realize It was going to be a cold trip).
We then hiked to emporer falls camp which is close to where we had worked out a crossing earlier.
The river was way high while we were there and crossing down low would be super dangerouse so we hiked around berg lake intead and crossed several Tribitaries there which proved to be deep and quite cold. (up to our waists)
After making it across to the back side we Bivied there. Sleeping only maybe an hour or two. We then found a trail fortunately that only lasted about 5 minutes thus allowing us to proceed by the most interesting bushwacking Ive done. We then made it up to the rock bands and worked our way through them simul soloing. we gained the upper moraine and worked our way up to our advanced bivey. Were now at about 36 hrs on the go since the parking lot with only about 3-4 hours sleep (some of those hours mind you were just spent shivering instead of sleeping)
After arriving at advanced bivy site 1 we recovered hydrated and prepared to sleep. I think I got about 2 more hours sleep. we woke but were tired due to lack of sleep. (I thought the 1/2 bag Belay combo with full clothes and bivey sack would have been a bit warmer sheesh)
So. Our weather reports etc indicated bad weather on the way, the pressure dropped and we decided we would spend the day working out the legistics of crossing the Berg Glacier and establish our advanced base camp/bivy site in the col. So we set out and made it.
I highly recomend that anyone with excellent glacier travel skills try this. It was some of the most Bad assed glacier travelling Ive done we dropped down to the bowells of hell frozen over and back. we got to cross leaning bridges and a section we dubbed the whales back which included a unconsolidated snow pile resembling a dorsal fin that you had to skirt around. all this over bottomless cravasses as well as ones that just wedged together a few hundred feet below. when going this way you get to climb overhanging ice falls and through pecariouse seracs.
So after we got across and spyed out the north face.... well it seemed to be honest, disapointing. i mean it is still an amazing climb on a spectaculer mountian thats for sure. However technically it didnt even come close to the climbing we had to do to cross the Berg glacier and get up to the Col.
So we decided that with that in mind thunder heads building etc we would return another time. We were already tired and bivying through a storm would just depleate us more. We could probably have made the face if we chose but we discussed it and decided that we wanted to summit in style. We agreed that we wuld prefer a route that would be equivelant at least to the aproach across the glacier. So were planning another trip back already and we may have a trick or two up our sleeves for our return making our decision even more apropriate.

My advice allow lots of time. the mountain doesnt get closer it just kepps getting bigger and bigger all the way until you get there.
You can read our report in the climbers log at the berg shelter. There is a reason why no one attempted the N Face since before 03 in the log and robson only seen 1 ascent of those that reported since then (not including guided climbs) The one sucsess was Blachard and he flew to the dome and did the Fuhr Ridge.
Keep this in mind the face is not the same climb it was when the alpine book was written thats for sure.
Since Ive been gone Ive talked to many a climber that has aspired to do the North face and none of them made it to the cole that did not fly in. I know theres others that have all Im saying is that they are few and far between. (In fact theres probably less persont to climb to the cole then there have been that have summited, this of course cause the vast majority fly in and by pass some of the hardest stuff.
Put it this way it is totally understandable and feasable to conteplate the emporrer face. Since the aproach on emporrer face is so much easier and by the time you did the aproach we did you could climb half up the emporrer face. (of course you would have to hit it when the conditions were just right for those routes)
Do not underestimate Robson and if its your first time there i would reconsider the North face and be prepared to hit the Kain route as an alternative. Any climb on Robson is a worthy objective.

Now if your an acomplished Alpinist or are totally sussed sharp and ambitious then certainly give the face a whirl, It is a beutiful route and one I do still plan on doing. But if your a big dreamer without enough experience MT robson will set you straight.

I may be going back in the fall and hit Resplendant. Im choosing to stay off of Robson until next season and hopefully then I will get my first summit on Robson and do it in style.

Until then i have many other chalanging routes to do and feel I have a bit of training to do to reach my goal next season. :wink:

Cheers All

Shawn

bumpkin

Aug 11, 2004, 10:38 PM
Post #14 of 34 (7922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Nice, Shawn.

BTW, last year a party made it up the North Face. As far as I know they walked in. They got swallowed by a storm near the summit ridge and we saw them rapping the Kain face two days later. Sheesh!

We did not make it up last year. Got the heebie-jeebies looking at the Mousetrap and did a consolation climb up Resplendant (BTW, this is nice enough, but not worthy of the slog up to and past Berg Lake) . Word on the street is that the Mousetrap is worse than ever and the only reasonable approach to the Kain faces are:

1) Be a wanker and fly in to the helmet. I say be a wanker 'coz the crux on Robson is that its a multi-day mini-expedition. But you know that.

2) The Patterson couloir from the hut. I have heard of zero beta for this, so if there's anyone out there who knows, or thinks they know, spill the beans already ok?

3) The Robson-Resplendant ridge. Beta recently posted on www.live-the-vision.com states that this is exposed and involved but that's how those folks (who flew in, BTW) descended. Last year it looked, umm, interesting. Certainly with big MF'ing packs it would be.

Yay, Robson!

drake

Aug 16, 2004, 7:20 PM
Post #15 of 34 (7922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/threadz/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=383262&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=all&fpart=1&vc=&PHPSESSID=

A fella climbed it in a day.

pirate

Sep 29, 2004, 11:47 PM
Post #16 of 34 (7922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Who is this Colin? :roll: I doubt hes superman, :lol: I would have trouble beleiving his trip report even if Mark Twight wrote it. 14 Hrs to summit from the helmet and get down to the trail head?! Yeah right whatever.
we were there around the same time and I had a first hand look at the conditions, A little broken up he says about the top of the Butress to the helmet okay whatever you say try a maze that would take about 3 hrs at least to navigate that section alone (for a fast team)and soloing that glacier is begging for trouble :shock: . once to a suitable bivey site asuming he bivied which he doesnt claim to do. we will take it from the helmet bivey.
sunrise at the time was about 630 or so, it would take a bout 40mins-1hr to go from a safe bivey site to the face where its accsesable about 30mins if soloing to pass the bergshrund and get on the face, a fast moving soloist could probably climb on that face without much resting to the rockbands in about 4hrs and you would have to haul ass majorly :twisted: !about another hour to work through the bands :shock: and then an hour to the top, so your looking at a good 6hrs on the face. about another hour plus to reach the summit so now its about 1330hrs and youv had almost no brakes it would take about 1:30 to get to the top of the Kain from summit if youve done it before then 2 hours down the face moving steady, 2 more hours at least to get back to the helmet col so know it would be 1900hrs and you would just be getting back to the col (this has alotted 0 time for melting water and assumes the soloist would just use gels) as you can see the probability of getting helmet to helmet by 1900hrs, everything would have to go perfect and you would have to haul ass, then you could probably get some water melting time in there too. it would take another couple hours to cross the glacier to the top of the butress and a good 2 hours to get down (if you totally know the way) well were not even across the river yet and this guy claims to be down at the trail head! crossing the river on that side would require a traverse and rigging so as not to get swept away (the river was way up at that time) if you had some trick up your sleeve it would still take another hour before you would make it to the emporrer falls campground now the dudes only about 14Km from his bike I should say 14hard Km its the last 7 from kinney thats not to bad.
I say BS Colin climbed the North face in a day!!! Were talkin close to about 100km of travel and like 11,000' of elevation most of which takes place over a short distance. Do the math.
Not to mention he descibes the conditions funny....
I would like to see some pics thats for sure but nothing he said added up.
keep dreaming I say I think hes read the selected alpine climbs in the canadian rockies a bit too much. If Im wrong Im wrong but his TR doesnt add up. Maybe he did not relay the info acurate or hes exagerating perhaps he climbed it (I doubt) whatever the case I dont beleive his TR :roll: I call his Bluff.

prezwoodz

Sep 30, 2004, 12:45 AM
Post #17 of 34 (7922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bumpkin i was reading the registry for the mountain on the web and this was in it

"Climbed North Face with T. Hains, J. Leonhard, C. Coulson, and myself, K. Sorensen. 5.4 to 5.6 rock moves and scree scrambling between Burg and Mist Glacier. No need to protect but scary with big packs and plastic boots. First third of face had great ice, good screw protection. Top two thirds was hard snow and ice covered rock. Couldn't protect with screws, only pickets which made progression slower. Rangers said it was a bad year. Got caught in earlier than expected storm. Couldn't find ridge to Kain Face. Spent two nights on top. Snowed about three feet during 40 hours on top. Bitter freezing temps. Finally had a clear day and made our way down dehydrated and hungry. Too bad about John Lonescu. We followed his steps on the glacier below the Face."
Krister Sorensen
Fort Collins, CO USA
Email: mtnman455@hotmail.com
Date(s) summited: August 22, 2003
Date signed: September 15, 2003

Sounds like those you probably saw :)

climblight

Oct 6, 2004, 8:57 AM
Post #18 of 34 (7922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It aint no bluff. He climbed it. And before that he and a partner did the second traverse of the Waddington Range. Because you cant imagine it doesn't mean others can't and then accomplish their vision.

tomtom

Oct 6, 2004, 7:31 PM
Post #19 of 34 (7922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Who is this Colin? :roll: I doubt hes superman, :lol: I would have trouble beleiving his trip report even if Mark Twight wrote it. 14 Hrs to summit from the helmet and get down to the trail head?! Yeah right whatever.
whatever the case I dont beleive his TR :roll: I call his Bluff.

Another opinion:

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/...l/fpart/2#Post400961

billburning

Oct 6, 2004, 11:51 PM
Post #20 of 34 (7922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Who is this Colin?

The real question is, who the fuck are you and why can't you spell?

pirate

Oct 7, 2004, 11:21 PM
Post #21 of 34 (7922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I posted on cascade climbers.

cheers

Shawn

lambone

Oct 8, 2004, 5:25 PM
Post #22 of 34 (7922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

shawn, you'd really be wise just to STFU

By the way...just to get your goat...Colin just graduated from High School a year ago.

pirate

Oct 9, 2004, 1:39 PM
Post #23 of 34 (7922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I may just do that, BTW.
My intuition just told me it wasnt done in a day and that was the issue. The second post on that thread had an actual time line saying 14hrs, thats what I had commented on. No body corrected that and since in the first post there was no start time givin I had assumed this dellow was told first hand.
Should I have made acusations? No.
Was I right asumming Colin did not to the trip in 14Hrs or a day. Yes.

Look I apologized for not aproaching this correctly.
Maybe some others should just grow up a bit.
One more thing once the actual facts were givin I say good job to Colin and I think what he accomplished was awesome.
It doesnt bother me one bit how old he is or even if hed only been climbing 6 mos.
Why do you assume it would? I am not a jelouse type apearently you know nothing about me.

lambone

Oct 9, 2004, 2:00 PM
Post #24 of 34 (7922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

just saying that you shouldn't talk shit about someone you know nothing about. If you were to search around on cascadeclimbers for a bit you'd find that Colin has already accomplished more then most alpinists ever will in a lifetime, and he is modest about it.

you got shut down on the mountain doing it classic heavy style...and he didn't and you decided to knock on his experience and argue about times. who cares what the timeing was, you were still being an...ah fuck it....

go climb the mountain first, then come back and talk smack about others who've done it faster then you.

pirate

Oct 9, 2004, 11:31 PM
Post #25 of 34 (7922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Point takin,
But talk about flogging a dead horse as within about 2 posts I went to clarify my statement and apologize. This was all however overlooked, apearently no one else ever makes a mistake.
Do note what I actually was in debate about , that everyone jumped all over me for is saying that colin did not climb Robsons north face in a day (ie the 14 hours that was claimed and not clarified or corrected)
I was acused of not have good logic however it is my logic that was correct, no body elses logic went, huh 14 hours doesnt make sence?
I never said it couldnt be done in 14 hours either I even elluded that had even Mark twight done it in that time I would be like" what thats hard to beleive" but I never said I wouldnt beleive it.

With all the new climbing going on and all the BS flying around you can be damn sure people are going to question whats been done.
Some people are obviosely young and spend too much time on the internet.
If you succeed in a goal you better be able to back it up. Its been like that from the start, those that have been around the mountains long enough know you will be questioned on certain things this is fact this has always happened, look into some basic mountain climbing history how many first ascents are diputed??
The fact reamains my logic was correct.
I did however as I explained (for those that bothered to read) made an error about the north face being skied this was just an honest mistake.

Anyway Im finding this all quite humeruous and highly entertaining.

It is quite evedent there are so many people living the life through some one elses acomplishments instead of there own.

Too funny! :lol:

BTW bad grammer and spelling is a sure fire way to flush out all the ones that spend too much time in school and have not fully matured.
mature ones can compinsate, do not feel the need to belittle, remember when the internet was informal, are tolerant of others and are more open minded.

I dont mean to say that I do it on purpose it is a weakness of mine. However I am no dummy and I dont let anything hold me back.

One more thing theres a fine line between lite is right and death, or at least not being equipped to handle what can be dished out. We each weigh what were willing to risk.
I was not shut down by Robson, you obviously did not read my post. Upon arrival at the base of the face we decided for the work getting there it wasnt worth us doing it, as we decided to go for a more worthy goal to first summit Robson.
Rest assured I will summit Robson on my terms to give me back what I want out of it. As I mentioned I climb for me not to impress anyone else. for so many guys ready to talk smack to me, they really have no idea who I am.
Ive paid my dues, Ive experienced acusations myself, sheesh no big deal I just give em the information and evidance and prove it. So whats the big deal? Why so sensitive really?! Especially after an apology.

I think it speaks volumes about maturity.

Anyway look how many people are finding this entertaining.

There is so much hypocrasy in evryones trash talk about me it isnt even funny.
Lambone you just made a comment about not talking Sh!t about someone you dont know and then you do it to me. Thats living by your own standard wouldt ya say? pfff.
You then go on to say who gives a crap about times? This whole thing is about me calling into question the statement it was done in 14hrs not weather Colin did it, I never questioned that.
I know its hard for some to take in information and they only like to see what they want.
too bad its a sure fire way to stop learning.
Also seems no one is brave enough to discuss some of the issues Ive raised.
there only response is talk smack. mmmm what are we still in JR High school.
Ive been to Robson and went to the front door, Im sussed and know what Im talking about. For some that suggested I shouldt say anything until Ive summited. Gees you have a lot to learn. Because then you shouldnt be saying anything either unless youve summited.
OFcourse thats your standard and I dont go by that, However I think if your oing to jump on me then you should also have the knowledge to back it up. ie you should have at least been intimate with Robson.

Lets see if this stirrs anything up. Im guessing it will just more smack talk.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Alpine & Ice

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook