RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

chilidogg

Jul 5, 2004, 6:20 PM
Post #1 of 13 (4200 views)
Shortcut

World Record Highlines
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Cheers to Metolious Shawn, once again breaking the limits with his most recent walk, a 185' highline at the Indian Cave Corridor in Joshua Tree. This feat catalyzed many breakthroughs for Shawn on a personal level as well as a professional one, as he was forced to release his resentment for the uniforms and find a sort of acceptance for everything before he was centered enough to bridge the gap... Shawn says this was by far the hardest line he has walked and hopes this growth will allow him to keep expanding our boundaries.

To celebrate, Shawn will be traveling to the Valley with long-time friend Darin Carter, to set up the Classic and another surprise at the Spire within a month's time! They invite all their Highlining brothers and sisters and those itching to walk their first Highline to join them and share in their passion. It's an opportunity to rediscover your 'self' (why you do the things you do) and exchange the information and knowledge we have all gathered by our trials and errors. Hope to see you there! peace all...

areyoumydude

Jul 5, 2004, 6:57 PM
Post #2 of 13 (4200 views)
Shortcut

Re: World Record Highlines [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Way to go Shawn. That is awsome. Let me know when you are setting up the Lost Arrow Spire.

Partner coldclimb

Jul 5, 2004, 6:59 PM
Post #3 of 13 (4200 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sounds awesome. Wish I could be in the area! I'd meet up with you all for sure. Nice job Shawn!

therealbovine

Jul 6, 2004, 3:19 PM
Post #4 of 13 (4200 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Shawn....

Keep it up. A mans gotta live somehow, and you're doin' it your way! Hope to see you in the Valley this summer! Best of luck!

Sean

metoliusshawn

Jul 6, 2004, 7:17 PM
Post #5 of 13 (4200 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well I told my self I would never post on this website agin.I think I need to befor people think I have spokes people speeking for me.Yes its true I walket a 185 foot line.It was tapet on the ground.With stretch 200 200plus not shure yet.I would like to give a big thanks to chillydog for beleaving in me and for funding the project.He spent sevrol hundred dollers on new rigging gear only to have his moter blow up on his truck one week later.I would also like to say that yes me and darin and( braden maybe) are going to the spire to set up the 1978 walk by the walindas.we are also going to the rostrom to fix and clean the bolts and have a safe and clean clinick for those of you intristed.mabey we could stop some of the non nesisary bolting problum im notesing befor it gets out of hand. thank you sean,lary ,coldclime.I apreshyate it.Mabey when im done with school I will right more.

moabdirtgirl

Jul 7, 2004, 9:08 PM
Post #6 of 13 (4200 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Congratultions Shawn! That's rad! I watched Larry and CHill walk the 175' line in Moab on July 4th and was quite impressed. I can only imagine how hard it is to walk a line that long. Keep up the great work!

slackdaddy

Jul 9, 2004, 6:35 AM
Post #7 of 13 (4200 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Great work Shawn. Let me know when you and big D firm up your plans and I'll see if I can make it.

In reply to:
I would also like to say that yes me and darin and( braden maybe) are going to the spire to set up the 1978 walk by the walindas.
I tried to do some research on this and came up empty handed, (apparently some one walked the Lost Arrow Spire with a tight rope around that time, some say Phillipe Pattite, some say Wallendas). When I was in high school (late seventys) the world record book said the highest tight rope ever walked was above Yosemite Valley but it didn't say where and I don't remember who. In my search I found a site that had Tino Wallenda's e-mail address (grandson of the late, great, Karl). I e-mailed him and asked him if he knew anything about a walk in Yosemite around this time. Much to my suprise he e-mailed me right back and said,

"Sorry, Scott, not to my knowledge. '78 was the year that my grandfather died in March. Our family only had one group out that year and I was part of it. Tino Wallenda"

So if anyone has reliable info on this feat I would love to hear it, a pic would be really cool. I imagine it was a lesser known airialist and people have inserted the name of the famous.

corbin

Jul 10, 2004, 7:56 AM
Post #8 of 13 (4200 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Shawn! Major congrats on that line, thats really sick! I would like to get on something that big, high. Clay and I just put up a new line in the needles, 120/130+?? im not sure, yet. Havent measured the lines out yet. But that is really sick about that 185 footer. Thats friggin huge. Good to hear that it can be done! Nice work.

-corbin.

corbin

Jul 10, 2004, 7:57 AM
Post #9 of 13 (4200 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Shawn! Major congrats on that line, thats really sick! I would like to get on something that big, high. Clay and I just put up a new line in the needles, 120/130+?? im not sure, yet. Havent measured the lines out yet. But that is really sick about that 185 footer. Thats friggin huge. Good to hear that it can be done! Nice work.

-corbin.

markw.
Deleted

Aug 6, 2004, 3:45 AM
Post #10 of 13 (4200 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey this is a message for shawn but if anyone else out there knows the info I am looking for, let me know.

Shawn & or Darren Whats up it is mark from san francisco just trying to get back in touch. I am really interested in going to the spire with you guys. I was planning on going in the first week in september. I hope you are well. Write back about when we can meet up. peace

metoliusshawn

Sep 21, 2004, 7:52 AM
Post #11 of 13 (4200 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

for those of you mark is at the spire walking the small 50 footer. he is very good at doing things right and safe.he was with me last year when i set up the big one.go meet him have fun and bring a open mind because walking the spire brings a life changing exsperyince.sorry i wont be able to make it this year but my heart and ceridge will be with all who chalindge the FEAR of the spire.

enjoimx

Nov 15, 2004, 4:39 AM
Post #12 of 13 (4200 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

congrats shawn. Are there any pictures we could check out?

johnson6102002

Nov 15, 2004, 9:56 PM
Post #13 of 13 (4200 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

nice job shawn that is some line wow!!!!!!

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook