My website
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for View this Website

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

micahmcguire

Jul 28, 2004, 11:52 PM
Post #1 of 66 (8996 views)
Shortcut

My website  (North_America: United_States: North_Carolina: Western: Hawksbill: Upper_Wall)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

Hey fellow Alaskan peak-baggers. Due to the limitations that RC.com has placed on landscape pictures, such as those of our majestic Alaskan mountains, I have started my own site. Here it is:

http://chugachpics.tripod.com/mainpage.html

Its kind of a pity that the mods and editors here at RC.com value close-up pictures of climber's butts or contorted faces as they ascend run-of-the-mill sport routes (these are a dime a dozen!) more than they value beautiful, inspirational, and educational mountain shots. Their loss. Check out my site.

Micah

zozo

Jul 29, 2004, 12:55 AM
Post #2 of 66 (8996 views)
Shortcut

Re: My website [In reply to]
Report this Post

Nice stuff. I for one agree. I see nothing wrong with allowing high res landscapes. Especially if im forced to look at pics of peoples shoes, home climbing walls and other such stuff.

It's bookmarked in my climbing folder and I'll be checking it out often.

Partner rrrADAM

Jul 29, 2004, 1:50 AM
Post #3 of 66 (8996 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Nice picks. :D

Partner rrrADAM

Jul 29, 2004, 1:51 AM
Post #4 of 66 (8996 views)
Shortcut

rrradam moved this thread [In reply to]
Report this Post

rrradam moved this thread from Regional Discussions to View this Website.

merock

Jul 29, 2004, 2:11 AM
Post #5 of 66 (8996 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Silly me.... I thought this WAS lookatpicturesofmountains.com, not rockclimbing.com....... and I don't see how a picture of you friend humping a block of snow is "educational"...... my loss.......

kyhangdog

Jul 29, 2004, 3:01 AM
Post #6 of 66 (8996 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Awesome. I need to move to Alaska.

micahmcguire

Jul 29, 2004, 3:45 AM
Post #7 of 66 (8996 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
Silly me.... I thought this WAS lookatpicturesofmountains.com, not rockclimbing.com....... and I don't see how a picture of you friend humping a block of snow is "educational"...... my loss.......

go figure....you're from texas

micahmcguire

Jul 29, 2004, 3:46 AM
Post #8 of 66 (8996 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:

merock

Jul 29, 2004, 3:48 PM
Post #9 of 66 (8996 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

So in Alaska, it's "normal" to hump blocks of snow?????

crimpandgo

Jul 29, 2004, 4:20 PM
Post #10 of 66 (8996 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

micahmcguire,

They are very nice pictures. But I don't get why you are bashing RC.com. This is a rockclimbing website. they spend many hours maintaining this site and have the right to choose what they think is appropriate. As you have seen, you can start your own website and post what ever you like.

I like to view all kinds of pictures of nature. But frankly, I log onto this site when I want to view climbing pictures. Its kind of a pain to weed through all the other "non-climbing' pictures and I don't have all day to do that.

Thanks for posting your website though. when I want great pictures of Alaskan landscape, I will surely check your site out first. :lol:

faust

Jul 29, 2004, 4:49 PM
Post #11 of 66 (8996 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I can definately sympathize with Micah, I've had a couple mountain photos rejected at medium res. I get a little confused when told that mountains are not "climbing related."

You're right though, if the mods only want rockclimbing photos they can sure make that decision. But I think they're going to have to be a little more consistent, at this moment 7 photos on the first page are "only" mountain pictures, all at medium resolution. In fact, only 6 feature somebody actually climbing rock.

-Matt

bauerbrian

Jul 29, 2004, 5:07 PM
Post #12 of 66 (8996 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Your pics would be very welcome on www.summitpost.com

crimpandgo

Jul 29, 2004, 5:11 PM
Post #13 of 66 (8996 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

He has 11 pages worth of pictures that RC.com has approved. Most of these pictures are of mountains. the site isn't saying they dont want pictures of mountains. They have already approved 11 pages worth.

utjake99

Jul 29, 2004, 6:34 PM
Post #14 of 66 (8996 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

im starting to think that maybe rc.com didnt accept your pictures not because they were landscapes, but maybe because they suck and are really bad quality. just some thoughts

micahmcguire

Jul 29, 2004, 7:06 PM
Post #15 of 66 (8996 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

so many of you people are so malevolent, I just don't get it. I'm not bashing RC.com, I'm simply disagreeing with their NEW photo editing policies. Pictures I submit aren't usually meant to be artistic or of good quality persay, their intended audience is people who are interested in figuring out how to get to or climb a certain peak, valley, glacier, what-have-you.

In response to Crimpandgo, yes I have many pictures that are of higher resolution that RC.com NOW allows. I am simply in disagreement with their NEW submission policies. By submitting most of these mountain pics at "low quality," many precious details such as crevasses, couloirs, gulleys, and other features important to route-finding are lost. That defies the purpose of my wanting to submit photos at all. I hold nothing against the photo mods, they do a great job and work very hard. I just don't like their NEW policy.

UTJake99, you can suck my left nut. Go pound sand you asshole. People from other states, especially ones without mountains, need not speak on this topic. Notice how the very first line in the very first post addresses "Fellow Alaskan peak-baggers"? That does not include sniveling, homosexual little bitches like you. Emjoy your broken foot, dickhead. And I see that in two out of your whopping three posts, you are a rude antagonist. I therefore disregard you. Nothing you have to say matters to anyone.

Back to my intentions, I did not post about my website to start any political battles, or even because I wanted to hear anyone's opinion regarding my photos. I posted this topic to let locals know I have set up a new Chugach website. This website need not apply to those who do not live up here or are uninterested in the Chugach or mountain photography.

cabal666

Jul 29, 2004, 7:29 PM
Post #16 of 66 (8996 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Nice pics. Alaska look amazing...have to visit soon.

crimpandgo

Jul 29, 2004, 7:51 PM
Post #17 of 66 (8996 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

micahmcguire,

Well said. I appreciate your opinion on this issue. I must add one more comment though. take it as a suggestion not criticism.

You say:
People from other states, especially ones without mounatins, need not speak on this topic. Notice how the very first line in the very first post addresses "Fellow Alaskan peak-baggers"?

This website need not apply to those who do not live up here or are uninterested in the Chugach or mounatin photography.

My comment:
I don't get your "Alaska only" statements. Why should others not view/enjoy your art? I am not from Alaska and I can enjoy your pictures. I think you will find more appreciation of your art from people that DON'T live in Alaska. Why? because they do not "live" close to it. You seem to think that people that live somewhere else can't appreciate Alaska. I don't get it. I think they will appreciate it more since for many of us it is out of our reach due to travel time, money etc.

So, keep posting. There are many that can live the Alaskan experience even if they cannot make the trip themselves.

Your "Alaska only" comments sound very snobby and you are bound to get some negative posts regarding it.

mother_sheep

Jul 29, 2004, 7:58 PM
Post #18 of 66 (8996 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Oh brother. Would you like some whine with your cheese? I'm forever amazed by the minimal shit that you goof balls will argue about.

The pics are rad.

cin

Jul 29, 2004, 8:18 PM
Post #19 of 66 (8996 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

It is very surprising to me the angst stirred up in this topic.
I think ya'll need to do some more climbing and spend
less time on the internet, or God forbid...

TRAFFIC!

otherwise Mcguire, Great pics, nice site. I couldn't get the pic(?) on the home page to load. And I'm glad everything turned out OK on Cumulus Mt!

micahmcguire

Jul 29, 2004, 8:22 PM
Post #20 of 66 (8996 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Crimpandgo, I can see where you are coming from, but my "Alaskan only" mentality is fairly realistic. Its not that I don't want people from everywhere to enjoy pictures of the Chugach, I hope they do, and I hope that my pictures can help inspire people to come up here and try a few peaks. My point is that, when I submit a picture of a particular peak, and someone from Texas (or where ever) sees it, they tend to think "that's a nice mountain" at best. When an Alaskan climber sees it they think "Oh yeah, thats 'such-and-such' Peak, I'd like to climb it, its in my neighborhood, and I think I'll try that route right there". Most of us "Alaskan peak-baggers" are not seeing the mountains in these pictures for the first time. Most of us have spent hours staring in awed worship at these mountains in person, so of course its going to mean moer to this target audience. See where I am coming from. With that, I guess I'll let the point die. Thanks for the feedback, and I hope you'll get a chance to come up here sometime and see some of these climbs in person. They're badass!

Hi Mother Sheep, you're cool!

crimpandgo

Jul 29, 2004, 8:58 PM
Post #21 of 66 (8996 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

micahmcguire,

I definitely see your point. I Alaska has been a place long on my list to visit. Just keep putting if off due to other things. Keep the pictures coming. It will give me incentive to get that trip planned. :D

Peace.

utjake99

Nov 17, 2004, 10:26 PM
Post #22 of 66 (2648 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

hey you stupid dickfuck, learn how to use a manual slr without taking shitty ass grainy pictures and also learn how to not under/over expose the whole damn picture and then come back and talk some more shit you sorry piece of shit

clausti

Nov 17, 2004, 11:34 PM
Post #23 of 66 (8996 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
...And I see that in two out of your whopping three posts, you are a rude antagonist....

lets see, so you have a thing against rude antagonists I guess? that's cool. I don't like rude antagonists either. but *then* we have this gem...

In reply to:
UTJake99, you can suck my left nut. Go pound sand you asshole. ...That does not include sniveling, homosexual little b---- like you. Emjoy your broken foot, dickhead. I therefore disregard you. Nothing you have to say matters to anyone.

Yeah, why don't you just go be a little more hypocritical? Frankly, I'm happy you have your own website now becuase *yes* this is rockclimbing.com not lookatmountians.com.

In reply to:
People from other states, especially ones without mountains, need not speak on this topic. Notice how the very first line in the very first post addresses "Fellow Alaskan peak-baggers"?

I hope he doesn't suck your left nut, because I don't think you deserve that much pleasure. *My* state happens to have a lot more sand than mountains, but I think I have the as much right as anyone to speak on anything I damn well please, especially concerning the pictures on this site which you and I belong to equally as much.

I like seeing pictures of rock climbing, on rockclimbing.com more than I like seeing pictures of mountains that could potentially be climbed. If anything being educational to maybe climbing a mountain can be posted, why don't you just go get a realy detailed topographical map and want that on the front page, too?

I want the balance of the climbing pics, especially on the front page, to outweigh the balance of landscapes.

Have fun with your site.

Partner cliffhanger9

Nov 19, 2004, 2:33 AM
Post #24 of 66 (2648 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

split from the My Website thread in View this Website forum.

What a jackass... :roll:

It looks like JT has already warned him...just taking out the trash..

climbs4fun

Nov 19, 2004, 3:29 AM
Post #25 of 66 (2648 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

wow. So angry :shock:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Archive : View this Website

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook