Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

spreadlight

Aug 10, 2004, 2:12 PM
Post #51 of 65 (6298 views)
Shortcut

Re: Timmy Fairfield WTF???? MAN!!!!!! Rosin and GLUE! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

YOU WILL FIND THAT MANY OF THE TRUTHS WE CLING TO DEPEND GREATLY UPON OUR OWN POINT OF VIEW---- OBI WAN KENOBI

andy_reagan

Aug 10, 2004, 2:22 PM
Post #52 of 65 (6298 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

B.T.E.

:roll:

robmcc

Aug 10, 2004, 2:23 PM
Post #53 of 65 (6298 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Posting that private letter is the sleaziest thing I've seen in a while;
it's also technically illegal. Grow some sack and deal with him directly.

Are you nucking futz?

Posting private messages is often impolite and more often criticized, but it isn't, a priori, wrong.

If I sent a vitriolic PM to someone, are they bound to keep my confidence? What if it was threatening?

The "privacy" of a letter, email, PM, whatever, is a courtesy and no more. Personally, I wouldn't extend that courtesy to people who don't show me any. Nope, I haven't felt the need to post any private messages, but there is DEFINITELY a line.

Rob

tenn_dawg

Aug 10, 2004, 4:21 PM
Post #54 of 65 (6298 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You New Mexico climbers come across sounding like a bunch of major assholes.

No worries about me coming down and getting in the way at your areas. I think I'll avoid your neck of the woods in my travels.

Cheers

hardmanknott

Aug 10, 2004, 4:31 PM
Post #55 of 65 (6298 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Posting that private letter is the sleaziest thing I've seen in a while;
it's also technically illegal. Grow some sack and deal with him directly.

Are you nucking futz?

Posting private messages is often impolite and more often criticized, but it isn't, a priori, wrong.

My bad...However, I would think that publicly posting 1 message of a muli-message
private correspondence out of context for the purpose of defaming the author
might subject one to a civil action and damages. But what do I know?

In reply to:
If I sent a vitriolic PM to someone, are they bound to keep my confidence? What if it was threatening?

The "privacy" of a letter, email, PM, whatever, is a courtesy and no more. Personally, I wouldn't extend that courtesy to people who don't show me any. Nope, I haven't felt the need to post any private messages, but there is DEFINITELY a line.

Reading the sleazily posted private message, I see an invitation to come out and
be given a tour of the area. There's nothing threatening in that privately
posted message--certainly nothing I would consider a threat.
There's something about reciprocating in an appropriately corresponding
manner. I didn't read too much into it.

Hardman Knott

mreardon

Aug 10, 2004, 4:42 PM
Post #56 of 65 (6298 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

How do you become pro level or a "made man" as Hedge put it? Do you pay a membership fee? Learn a super-secret handshake? De-coder ring? More importantly, what's the dress code when accepting the diploma?

Chipping/Rosin/Modifying: Ethics are only as strong as the people who follow them. Arguing one, but doing another is hypocritical. It is not a statement to alter the rock to your low level. However, a 5.8 climber that further chips one of these modified 5.xx or v-blowme to their level would be a great statement....

If you want something more challenging, then go to a gym and make something up, but leave the limited resource unaltered.

madmax

Aug 10, 2004, 4:45 PM
Post #57 of 65 (6298 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

As kalcario said, you're in way over your head, wyattearp. While I have climbed with Timy in the past, I am not posting to rally on his behalf as much as I am to rally against your bad form. The title (and content) of your post is spiteful and superfluous. On the one hand you bash Timy for the use of glue and emphasize how much more ethically pure you are, yet on the other hand you whine that you're not welcome at a crag that has some gluing. While I don't care for the use of glue or rosin, the enormous contributions to NM climbing that Timy has made outweighs his limited use of those products. There are countless areas in NM that Timy has helped develop and are free of any manufacturing. You are like the kid who wakes up on top of a mountain and thinks he climbed to the top, when in fact he was only born there.

mreardon

Aug 10, 2004, 4:51 PM
Post #58 of 65 (6298 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
The title (and content) of your post is spiteful and superfluous. On the one hand you bash Timy for the use of glue and emphasize how much more ethically pure you are, yet on the other hand you whine that you're not welcome at a crag that has some gluing. While I don't care for the use of glue or rosin, the enormous contributions to NM climbing that Timy has made outweighs his limited use of those products. There are countless areas in NM that Timy has helped develop and are free of any manufacturing. You are like the kid who wakes up on top of a mountain and thinks he climbed to top, when in fact he was only born there.

Very nicely put.

wyattearp

Aug 10, 2004, 5:53 PM
Post #59 of 65 (6298 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

TIMMY SUCKS HAHAHAH Oh you guys all make me fel so bad, I could care less how old you all think i am or what my my maturity level is, go beat off elsewhere,or better yet, re admite yourself to the Granny hospital ASAP!

therealdeal

Aug 10, 2004, 8:20 PM
Post #60 of 65 (6298 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
TIMMY SUCKS HAHAHAH Oh you guys all make me fel so bad, I could care less how old you all think i am or what my my maturity level is, go beat off elsewhere,or better yet, re admite yourself to the Granny hospital ASAP!

nice...demonstrating quite the intellect and grasp of the language...and showing your age!

Kalcario, you make me laugh..."leave the made guys alone"...I like it.

Timmy...whether you actually are an a-hole or not...I don't think you even needed to bother by responding, b/c this kid can't hold a simple argument together!

funny shizzle in this thread! talk about a major, "who gives a f%&k!"

jliebgott

Aug 10, 2004, 8:49 PM
Post #61 of 65 (6298 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I could care less about a rosin filled, glued up, chip fest in a state I never plan on even visitting, but I find it really *classy* of a self proclaimed "pro" to use the words ...

"PPS. Word Up to all my Niggaz who've been watching my back throughout all this nonsense, you all are the real O.G. Hardcores!"

Just in case you have been living in a cave for the last few decades - tossing around language like that is blatantly rascist. With or without a "az" instead of a "er"...

thomasribiere

Aug 10, 2004, 9:12 PM
Post #62 of 65 (6298 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

socalbolter wrote
In reply to:
Based on this post, I did a GOOGLE search and found this album of photos taken at the area. It looks quite good. While I haven't been there, it looks like good rock in a great setting. Possible questionable ethics aside, those who found and developed the area should be applauded, not lambasted in a public forum.

http://www.woodsfamilyclimbs.com/gallery/album58

looking at this link, there's actualy a problem named (and photographed!) "Chung Li"...

I keep on reading this strange thread...

smoky

Aug 24, 2005, 3:46 PM
Post #63 of 65 (6298 views)
Shortcut

Re: Timmy Fairfield WTF???? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

just acouple things to note.... apparently someone has gone "crystal hunting" in the questa bouldering site. this just plain makes me sad, and even more so i feel a genuine change of heart on some things. these places that we climb are sacred places, places where we shared moments with ourselves and friends, we've grown their, they become like a home filled with "send-orys" like pictures at your parents house. this land is our mother, father, whatever spirit hippie shit you prescribe to. beautifying this particular "spiritual house/ parent" is just fine. it's damn nice to have trails through the scrub oak, and juniper. chipped, reinforced, whatever... if you are a strong climber in new mexico your options are few and far between. and for the record glue has saved some beautiful problems. as for the magic marker on the questa boulders...well timmy i apologize sincerely. it's a lot of work pulling problems from the mud and crust of this state, and i know you know that more than most. it's easy to get possessive of your favorite spots, but that's just something to get over. quetsa boulders are my favorite in the state, just the setting alon e is beautiful, and the dome is always there for a no wind day. when i go up there and see that some one has plundered the rock for some new-age crystal- sopasitory(sp?) it makes the whole marker thing seem really dumb. ultimately all the people who complained never would have climbed there if you hadn't of been there.

keep up the work.
luke

captain_coopdaddy

Aug 24, 2005, 11:04 PM
Post #64 of 65 (6298 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm not even going to bother reading the entire forum. I am very displeased about Timmy's ethics and style. For one I hear from coaches that went to his seminar that he is the biggest jerk-off they ever met, and that he is full of himself. Second of all Timmy uses rosin which I strongly oppose because it destroys the rock and makes an mess that is impossible to grip w/out more rosin. Frankly ( and Timmy isn't responsible for this but) many problems at Hueco have been destroyed b/c of rosin use including Full Service and Martini Roof. The third thing is that Timmy doctors holds. He uses glue and fills in pockets to "make it harder". Save that for the gyms. I dont care if there was an ascent, it is invalid b/c the challenge set before was not met. Timmy also chisels in quite a few areas. Frankly I am really pissed that he had the ego to come to one of the Centex areas(which I happen to frequent) called Roger's Park. I was told that he chiseled a low start to a project that Clayton was working last time he was in Centex. It was the low start to Tribal Sound . Because of this bad style some local climbers and I have decided to boycott Mad Rock not only b/c they suck but also b/c Mad Rock is represented large in part by Timmy Fairfield (kind of an ironic name "Fair"field) who is in charge of their sponsorship office.

Boycott Madrock!!!!!!! :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

BTW Timmy you're not welcome in Centex. :evil: :evil: :evil:

kyote321

Sep 26, 2005, 10:31 PM
Post #65 of 65 (6298 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

unless you know someone, don't start talkin smack. you have no idea what you are talking about.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook