RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - East Coast

Premier Sponsor:

kimmyt

Sep 9, 2004, 1:14 PM
Post #1 of 11 (1853 views)
Shortcut

Place to Leave Car in Morgantown, WV
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm going to be heading down to North Carolina at the end of October, and will be carpooling with a fella from Pittsburgh. It makes the most sense to meet up at some point along the way and ditch one car, that way we save some gas money and have company for the drive.

The easiest place to meet will be Morgantown, WV, and since this is where the University is located, I figured that there might be someone on this board who could tell me of a place that will be safe (from thieves, tow trucks) to leave my car for approximately 4-5 days.

Appreciate your help!

K.

kimmyt

Sep 9, 2004, 10:34 PM
Post #2 of 11 (1853 views)
Shortcut

Re: Place to Leave Car in Morgantown, WV [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bump

Come on people, I know someone knows of a lot that doesn't get patrolled where I can leave my car unattended for a short time? If someone lives in an apartment complex and allows me to use the lot, there might even be lunch or dinner involved in this on my way back up to pick up my car.....

K.

wvrocks

Sep 10, 2004, 3:40 PM
Post #3 of 11 (1853 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Maybe try the Walmart parking lot off of Greenbag Road. Greenbag is located off of Exit 1 on I-68. I think its a 24hr Walmart so there shouldn't
be a problem parking there long term. If not there, try the Glenmark Center off of the Airport/Pierpont Exit of I-68. There is a Lowes there that has a huge parking lot. Another option might be the Morgantown Mall parking lot. Not sure how secure it would be because the mall closes at 9 or 10 but it is well lit. It at the Westover Exit on I-79. I'd try to avoid parking downtown or in an apartment building lot. The local police are really strict about parking laws downtown because there is a huge lack of available parking. Again, I'm not saying for sure that you won't get towed or broken into at these spots. Just some quesses on decent long term parking. Have a good trip.

Partner tgreene

Sep 10, 2004, 3:53 PM
Post #4 of 11 (1853 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Depending upon which route you're taking, a great place to drop vehicles is just 25 miles east on I68, in Bruceton Mills, at the Little Sandy Truck Stop. Boaters leave stuff there all the time!

send513

Sep 10, 2004, 4:04 PM
Post #5 of 11 (1853 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

try to find a park and ride.

I know that there is one in Cumberland, I have used it before, but I don't know about Morgentown.

Sorry!

charley

Sep 15, 2004, 8:29 PM
Post #6 of 11 (1853 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Is Walmart parking lot the best there is?

dbrayack

Sep 15, 2004, 8:34 PM
Post #7 of 11 (1853 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am a student at WVU, definitely do not want to park in town, parking here sucks and you'll get towed. I would say that your best bet would be the park and ride located on the exit just south of the I-68, I-79 interchange, I forget the exit, but I have seen people car pool there.

I dont think you should worry about breakins, but def don't leave anything worth stealing.

-Dan

dbrayack

Sep 15, 2004, 8:34 PM
Post #8 of 11 (1853 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Wal-mart may be a good idea....it always busy.

robmcc

Sep 15, 2004, 9:03 PM
Post #9 of 11 (1853 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have to ask the obvious question.

Where are you going in NC? :)

Rob

corporatedog

Sep 15, 2004, 9:27 PM
Post #10 of 11 (1853 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Check the local airport for long term parking - might cost you 30 bucks for 4-5 days - but they are SAFE.

leaverbiner

Sep 15, 2004, 9:37 PM
Post #11 of 11 (1853 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kimmy - post up on www.norope.com there are a couple of Morgantown locals that frequent the board and if they aren't able to allow you to park at their residences, I am sure they can guid yo to the best place. The only suggestion that I have is to utilize the major shopping center that is just before the intersections of 68 West and 79 n/s I can't remember the name of the center, but it can't be missed when driving on 68 - it has a lonestar, a Wendy's, and a big shopping center . . .

We have used a number of 24 hr truck stops in PA for this same type of thing, leaving a car for 3 days or so with no problems.

On Norope.com try to get in touch with Jerseymike and optimistic they both go to WVU

EDIT: I hadn't read all of the above posts - Bruceton Mills is where I was thiking of and clearly so were others. Still try to get in touch with optimistic or jerseymike to see if they can be of any help.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook