Forums: Community: The Ladies' Room:
Do you get competitive with your climbing SO?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Partner bad_lil_kitty

Sep 27, 2004, 12:36 PM
Post #26 of 29 (1153 views)
Shortcut

Re: Do you get competitive with your climbing SO? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

LOL I don't have an SO - but if I did...I doubt I'd get competitive...unless he acted like an a$$ about it...

However, if he think he can throw down in the kitchen....I'd be all over it! I may not be a strong climber, but I do know I can kick it in the kitchen (and not even in that manner).

dancesonrocks

Sep 27, 2004, 4:06 PM
Post #27 of 29 (1153 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
However, if he think he can throw down in the kitchen....I'd be all over it! I may not be a strong climber, but I do know I can kick it in the kitchen (and not even in that manner).
Hehe, well you go girl!

I just gotta say, though, if you're competitive in one thing, you never know when you'll get competitive in another...

I was a competitive fencer but I always thought of climbing as my non competitive sport but it still came up.

Happy update though... no more "episodes" since, back to my usual laid back self.

uwmeghan

Sep 27, 2004, 9:06 PM
Post #28 of 29 (1153 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think I have the opposite problem in my relationship. My SO climbed for four years before I met him and he introduced me to the sport. He can still climb some stuff harder then I can, but for the most part we are the same outside or I'm stronger. Things like pull-ups I can't hold a candle to, but I don't love pull-ups, I love climbing!

Love what you do and you will naturally excel at it, enjoy it and go out and find people other then your SO to climb with sometimes. If I didn't I'd never get to push my limits, because I still am not pushing much of anything on trad lead, and I haven't been on a sport pitch for most of the season.

:) Meghan

granite_grrl

Sep 28, 2004, 5:02 AM
Post #29 of 29 (1153 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I remember getting a little frustrated with the guy I started to climb with when he could do routes that I couldn't do. But that was also a frustrating time for me, I was all over making excuses as to why I couldn't get up something (I'm not strong enough, etc).

I now have another climbing boyfriend, but I don't feel competative with him. Whether that's because I already have my climbing base before meeting him, or just that I'm happier with my own climbing I'm not sure.

He's pretty awesome, does climb harder stuff than I do, which can be a pain in that ass (when he wants to do something that I can't touch), but mostly lets me push myself more.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook