Oct 11, 2004, 8:05 PM
Post #1 of 24 (555 views)
Shortcut

just saw Farhenheit 911
Report this Post
Can't Post

..and realized the true meaning of USA

Under Saudi Arabia!
The ties bethween the Bush family and SA are out af any imagination! Teh guy is on their paycheck! No wonder he never found Osama.
And all the connections bethween Cheney and Halliburton too. The worst thing was realizing how the Bush STOLE the election under the voter's nose with the complicity of the Supreme Court.

I didn't know that! At the time I was just arrived here and had little time to watch or follow politics.

I would be ashame being Bush. I believe he will be remembered as the worst prez of USA. US deserves better than that. I really hope this nations wakes up in November.

bumblie

Oct 11, 2004, 8:15 PM
Post #2 of 24 (555 views)
Shortcut

Re: just saw Farhenheit 911 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

And another sheep is brought into the fold. :lol:

robmcc

Oct 11, 2004, 8:23 PM
Post #3 of 24 (555 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You should trust Michael Moore to tell you about Bush as much as you'd trust Bush to tell you about Michael Moore.

I've heard enough of Michael Moore's inflammatory, disingenuous schit that I just tune him out.

Rob

itakealot

Oct 11, 2004, 8:33 PM
Post #4 of 24 (555 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

do you believe in everything you read and see? Moore is a brilliant documentarian, but he has a way of spinning the facts to tell his own story. You may want to do your own research before forming opinions.

I have seen all of his films and will not deny that they are great entertainment, and it is awesome to see him chase people with a microphone, but just as the political parties are doing in their commercials, much of it is out of context.

The movie just shows bush is a crappy leader and won a crooked election, but all the theoretical Saudi connection was all conjecture.

I am sure the heck not voting for Bush anyway since he has screwed up the economy and sent our boys to die in a war that we shouldn't even have started.

LICK BUSH '04

thegreytradster

Oct 11, 2004, 8:40 PM
Post #5 of 24 (555 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

http://www.strangepolitics.com/...s/content/102389.gif

http://www.registeredmedia.com/...ormal_gotmarx_mm.jpg

robmcc

Oct 11, 2004, 8:43 PM
Post #6 of 24 (555 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I am sure the heck not voting for Bush anyway since he has screwed up the economy and sent our boys to die in a war that we shouldn't even have started.

It's always entertaining to read this stuff. I predicted the winner of the 2000 election would be saddled with blame for a tanking economy which was clearly headed south BEFORE the 2000 election.

If you need to blame someone, why not Clinton? It went south on his watch.

Rob

bluto

Oct 11, 2004, 8:46 PM
Post #7 of 24 (555 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
do you believe in everything you read and see? Moore is a brilliant documentarian, but he has a way of spinning the facts to tell his own story. You may want to do your own research before forming opinions.

I have seen all of his films and will not deny that they are great entertainment, and it is awesome to see him chase people with a microphone, but just as the political parties are doing in their commercials, much of it is out of context.

The movie just shows bush is a crappy leader and won a crooked election, but all the theoretical Saudi connection was all conjecture.

LICK BUSH '04

It's rather ironic that you call Moore "a brilliant documentarian", then concede that much of the movie is conjecture and BS.

Partner j_ung

Oct 11, 2004, 8:46 PM
Post #8 of 24 (555 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

It's always entertaining to read this stuff. I predicted the winner of the 2000 election would be saddled with blame for a tanking economy which was clearly headed south BEFORE the 2000 election.

If you need to blame someone, why not Clinton? It went south on his watch.

Rob

And there it stayed. Clinton left office almost four years ago. Move on.

robmcc

Oct 11, 2004, 8:55 PM
Post #9 of 24 (555 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
And there it stayed. Clinton left office almost four years ago. Move on.

You're missing my point. My point isn't to blame Clinton. My point is that blaming Bush is predictable and naive. If Gore had won, the economy would almost certainly have performed in much the same way, and his Republican opponent would be bashing him for it. Clinton didn't cause the dot-com boom, nor did he cause the bust, nor is Bush responsible for the current state of the economy.

Politicians aren't above exploiting the common belief that they do control your prosperity.

Rob

slablizard

Oct 11, 2004, 9:51 PM
Post #10 of 24 (555 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Have you seen the movie?

In reply to:
You should trust Michael Moore to tell you about Bush as much as you'd trust Bush to tell you about Michael Moore.

I've heard enough of Michael Moore's inflammatory, disingenuous schit that I just tune him out.

Rob

slablizard

Oct 11, 2004, 9:57 PM
Post #11 of 24 (555 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Of course not, that does not means that the movie is false. As believing what corporate media tells you does not means "everything is allright" :)

In reply to:

How would all the connections with the saudis be "out of context"? Or asking a congressman to send his son to war LOL! Is that OOC?

In reply to:

So it's ok to you that your president stealed the elections and is a crappy leader...and seeing Bush Sr. with the saudi families and bin Ladens family member is a "conjecture" Come on. A little objectivity.

In reply to:

Great. We're thinking the same!

LICK BUSH '04

Partner euroford

Oct 11, 2004, 9:57 PM
Post #12 of 24 (555 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

you really shouldn't listen to anybody from flint michigan

(i'll go shutup now.....)

robmcc

Oct 11, 2004, 10:00 PM
Post #13 of 24 (555 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Have you seen the movie?

Nope. I don't need to see Michael Moore's latest work to make a judgement on him. This is hardly the first thing he's produced.

Turn your question around and decide if it's really relevant.

Have you listened to Rush lately?
Did you hear Bush speak today?

If you did, do you think your opinion would change?

Same here. I know which way his politics leans. I've been told about the movie by people who have seen it, people who are in fact far more sympathetic to his viewpoint than I am, and that's confirmed my opinion that it's more of his usual manipulative tripe.

Rob

curt

Oct 11, 2004, 10:06 PM
Post #14 of 24 (555 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Michael Moore does not make documentary movies. He makes propoganda movies--as long as you realize this, they can be pretty entertaining.

Curt

bluto

Oct 11, 2004, 10:10 PM
Post #15 of 24 (555 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Slablizard, there are plenty of websites out there that do a great job of debunking most of the content of Fahrenheit 911. Here's a few to start with.

http://www.davekopel.com/...n-Fahrenheit-911.htm

http://www.spinsanity.org/columns/20040702.html

madriver

Oct 11, 2004, 10:14 PM
Post #16 of 24 (555 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

...beam him up Scotty...

...what about worm holes...do you believe in them too? I think similar types of movies were made during the Third Reichs reign also...someone named Goebels I think...oh well...I'm off to Area 51 for some fun...

love

mr

Partner tattooed_climber

Oct 11, 2004, 10:19 PM
Post #17 of 24 (555 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

reguardless, moore is TOO one sided to be making honest docs....

whats the point of a doc if its bias???none of us like to be told what to believe...

robmcc

Oct 11, 2004, 10:21 PM
Post #18 of 24 (555 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
none of us like to be told what to believe...

Actually, I think a lot of people want exactly that, as long as it's wrapped up nicely enough that they don't LOOK like they're being told what to believe.

Rob

slablizard

Oct 11, 2004, 10:34 PM
Post #19 of 24 (555 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Bluto

Reading it.
But It's hard to believe that all the points of the movie are false.
And trust me I wasn't a Moore's fan, neither a Bush fan as a matter of fact, but still the whole (Bush) story smells a lot.

slablizard

Oct 11, 2004, 10:40 PM
Post #20 of 24 (555 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I understand, but you don't need to judge Moore himself, you need (eventually) to judge the movie. Watch it.

I wasn't and I am not a fan of M Moore. but the movie is worth a view.

Even if it's ONLY biased propaganda and completely false, as some of you claim, it balances 4 years of corporate networks lies about and around this administration.

In reply to:
In reply to:
Have you seen the movie?

Nope. I don't need to see Michael Moore's latest work to make a judgement on him. This is hardly the first thing he's produced.

Turn your question around and decide if it's really relevant.

Have you listened to Rush lately?
Did you hear Bush speak today?

If you did, do you think your opinion would change?

Same here. I know which way his politics leans. I've been told about the movie by people who have seen it, people who are in fact far more sympathetic to his viewpoint than I am, and that's confirmed my opinion that it's more of his usual manipulative tripe.

Rob

iltripp

Oct 11, 2004, 10:57 PM
Post #21 of 24 (555 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Funny... 2004 and the right is still calling anyone who disagrees with them a "communist"

bluto

Oct 11, 2004, 10:58 PM
Post #22 of 24 (555 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Even if it's ONLY biased propaganda and completely false, as some of you claim, it balances 4 years of corporate networks lies about and around this administration.

Which corporate newtwok lies would those be ?

itakealot

Oct 11, 2004, 11:52 PM
Post #23 of 24 (555 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

once again, my subtle humor is overlooked

degaine

Oct 12, 2004, 12:46 AM
Post #24 of 24 (555 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

An excellent article that appeared in Vanity Fair, October 2003, explains the ties between the Bush family, the Saudis and the bin Laden family.

http://www.wesjones.com/saudi1.htm

Read and enjoy!

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook