Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Next page Last page  View All

pheenixx

Oct 12, 2004, 6:14 AM
Post #76 of 327 (42690 views)
Shortcut

Re: Colorado Ice/Snow Partners Ongoing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
...but I thought it would be cool to get an ice/snow climbing partners thread going. My ice partner seems to have fallen off the planet so I have none now. I need one! I currently climb WI4 without flailing. I'm interested in trying alpine ice this year and leading WI3. Anyone else looking for ice/snow partners, post here so I can bombard you with PMs. Okay, so if you don't like me, post here anyway so someone else can bombard you. It's a good thing, really. :-)

I know this is a little premature since the ice hasn't formed but hey, some of us are EXCITED!!!!!!

I can't read the rest of this forum because our site seems to be spewing code -- but
HEY... I'M EXCITED too...and I want to throw my Hell-Mutt into the ring and say "I'm interested" in ice/snow partners this winter. Put me down for a WI3 -- WI4+... :wink:

sharpie

Oct 12, 2004, 2:27 PM
Post #77 of 327 (42690 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

They got ice in AZ :?: :?: :lol:

You should hook up with Reno, he's a displaced Pheonix ice climber...maybe you two could road trip this winter...

pheenixx

Oct 12, 2004, 4:35 PM
Post #78 of 327 (42690 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
They got ice in AZ :?: :?: :lol:

Yeah, at the Circle "K"... :lol:

In reply to:
You should hook up with Reno, he's a displaced Pheonix ice climber...maybe you two could road trip this winter...

Our schedules usually don't coincide -- and he never wants to bring the sheep... :twisted: but thanks for the suggestn. Sharpie - I know its a diff post but when are you arriving at the Ice fest..??

sharpie

Oct 12, 2004, 7:29 PM
Post #79 of 327 (42690 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Probably Monday night...

sharpie

Oct 12, 2004, 7:33 PM
Post #80 of 327 (42690 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Conditions were near ideal and the weather was on our side, unfortunately Timmo reaggriavted an ankle injury he had suffered the week before and we had to back off Lamb’s Slide near Alexander’s.

Here is a look at the conditions in the Notch last sunday (10-8):
http://www.rockclimbing.com/...p.cgi?Detailed=41475

timstich

Oct 13, 2004, 1:39 AM
Post #81 of 327 (42690 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Now that's a cool current conditions report. Bada bing.

mother_sheep

Oct 18, 2004, 2:34 PM
Post #82 of 327 (42690 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So did anyone get out on ice this weekend? I DID!!!! Got in 8 runs yesterday. Granted in was on only 2 routes but still, the climbing was comperable to $ex!!!! And the ice wasn't even at it's best!!!!

sharpie

Oct 18, 2004, 4:43 PM
Post #83 of 327 (42690 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ice in October??? I don't believe you...

mother_sheep

Oct 18, 2004, 4:56 PM
Post #84 of 327 (42690 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Ice in October??? I don't believe you...

Hmmmm. . .perhaps it was all just a dream. A very nice wonderful dream. Hmmmmmmmmm . . .

mickymac1

Oct 18, 2004, 5:01 PM
Post #85 of 327 (42690 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
So did anyone get out on ice this weekend? I DID!!!! Got in 8 runs yesterday. Granted in was on only 2 routes but still, the climbing was comperable to $ex!!!! And the ice wasn't even at it's best!!!!

8 runs? Were we skiing or ice climbing? I know Loveland ski area opened this past weekend but haven't heard of any others opening.

mother_sheep

Oct 18, 2004, 5:05 PM
Post #86 of 327 (42690 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

8 runs? Were we skiing or ice climbing? I know Loveland ski area opened this past weekend but haven't heard of any others opening.

poke poke. . .kick kick. . .crackle. . .poke kick poke kick. . .CRASH. . .poke poke. . .kick kick. . ."THAT WAS AWESOMMMMMMEEEEEEEE!"

mickymac1

Oct 18, 2004, 5:08 PM
Post #87 of 327 (42690 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

poke poke. . .kick kick. . .crackle. . .poke kick poke kick. . .CRASH. . .poke poke. . .kick kick. . ."THAT WAS AWESOMMMMMMEEEEEEEE!"

Oh sh1t!! I just got a twinge you know where reading that!! :shock: Where did you go? What routes?

sharpie

Oct 18, 2004, 5:55 PM
Post #88 of 327 (42690 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

There is NO ice..I repeat there is no ice...mother_sheep is pulling the wool over your eyes ( :lol: ). Do not believe anything this woman says. Don't waste you last few valuable sunny weeks of rock climbiung looking for the fabled, pie in the sky, ice...

mother_sheep

Oct 18, 2004, 6:14 PM
Post #89 of 327 (42690 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
There is NO ice..I repeat there is no ice...mother_sheep is pulling the wool over your eyes ( :lol: ). Do not believe anything this woman says. Don't waste you last few valuable sunny weeks of rock climbiung looking for the fabled, pie in the sky, ice...

Yeah. . .what he said! It was all a dream I tell you. And it lasted for about 6 hours. A 6 hour dream. Oh yeah, there was a bit of hooking and some manteling in this dream as well. Oh and another thing. . .bootie. Oh and it was VERY VERY WET!!! A very very wet dream indeed.

DOH!!!

sandbag

Oct 18, 2004, 6:21 PM
Post #90 of 327 (42690 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Yeah. . .what he said! It was all a dream I tell you. And it lasted for about 6 hours. A 6 hour dream. Oh yeah, there was a bit of hooking and some manteling in this dream as well. Oh and another thing. . .bootie. Oh and it was VERY VERY WET!!! A very very wet dream indeed.

DOH!!!

Dammit, i wish i had dreams, i gotta stop working sooo much.....

mickymac1

Oct 18, 2004, 7:04 PM
Post #91 of 327 (42690 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

DOH!!!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I think I need a cigarette and I don't even smoke. Was it as good for you as it was for me? :wink: :lol:

timstich

Oct 18, 2004, 7:32 PM
Post #92 of 327 (42690 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Marketa and I parked up at Loveland Pass and walked over the newish snow to the 12585 summit to the west. There's a cool basin to the left full of snow that some snowboarders were doing small jumps on. The snow isn't that firm, so we had limited glissading. But it was fun none the less.

mother_sheep

Oct 18, 2004, 8:49 PM
Post #93 of 327 (42690 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

DOH!!!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I think I need a cigarette and I don't even smoke. Was it as good for you as it was for me? :wink: :lol:

Even better baybeeeee!!!

timstich

Oct 20, 2004, 3:37 PM
Post #94 of 327 (42690 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thread bump.

Marketa got some mountaineering boots and gaitors last night. Yay! She got the Montrail Morraine, which I think Tracey also has. Seems to be a good fit, but we'll see in time. You can even climb vertical ice in those since dey gots da full shank and heel welt.

mother_sheep

Oct 20, 2004, 3:38 PM
Post #95 of 327 (42690 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Cool Tim! I hope they don't hurt her feet like mine do! I climbed vertical ice in mine several times and they work just fine!

timstich

Oct 20, 2004, 3:58 PM
Post #96 of 327 (42690 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Cool Tim! I hope they don't hurt her feet like mine do!

Your boots are a little too small, right? She went with a half size bigger so her toes wouldn't hit the toe box.

mother_sheep

Oct 20, 2004, 4:03 PM
Post #97 of 327 (42690 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Your boots are a little too small, right? She went with a half size bigger so her toes wouldn't hit the toe box.

Length is good but they are a little too tight pushing downward on top of my toes I think. After a few hours in them or a few miles of hiking in them my feet feel like needles are being driven into my toes. I’ll be getting new boots this year.

darkside

Oct 21, 2004, 4:33 AM
Post #98 of 327 (42690 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

Length is good but they are a little too tight pushing downward on top of my toes I think. After a few hours in them or a few miles of hiking in them my feet feel like needles are being driven into my toes. I’ll be getting new boots this year.
I think that feeling is more a result of stiff soles. Stiff soles make a good platform to front-point on but really suck for the long approaches. I figure it is something to do with the unnatural way your toes cannot bend as you walk. Different boots may work but alternating days between long approaches and short approaches is cheaper.

So when would be the best time to visit the Boulder area for water ice? and any suggestions for areas/routes? I would like to make a week trip to Colorado for ice.

pheenixx

Oct 21, 2004, 6:31 AM
Post #99 of 327 (42690 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I think that feeling is more a result of stiff soles. Stiff soles make a good platform to front-point on but really suck for the long approaches. I figure it is something to do with the unnatural way your toes cannot bend as you walk. Different boots may work but alternating days between long approaches and short approaches is cheaper.
I think the boot-gut "technical" term is called a "ROCKER".

Gaads - mother_sheep and all of you guys are TOO FUNNY...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope your all going to Ouray this year... :wink: THERE IS ICE THERE..!! ..or there will be ~ NO-FOOLIN'...!

sharpie

Oct 21, 2004, 2:18 PM
Post #100 of 327 (42690 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Grant-
Don't waste you time in Denver/Boulder for ice. Go to Ouray, Cody, Vail, Estes or Rifle...

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - Mountain States

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook