RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Sport Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

aimeerose

Oct 5, 2004, 4:19 AM
Post #1 of 13 (3789 views)
Shortcut

Zen lizard X-chalk
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

How bad is this stuff? I can't stand smelling it while climbing outdoors. It's such a powerful scent, it's like someone wearing heavy perfume to go climbing. Disgusting!!! I strongly suggest not using it outdoors where it is akin to an environmental hazard.

from_the_gym

Oct 5, 2004, 4:23 AM
Post #2 of 13 (3789 views)
Shortcut

Re: Zen lizard X-chalk [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i quite like the stuff. The smell is something you either like or dislike, i havent found someone in-between yet. As for the benefits...well, i find that lately my fingers are burning long before my muscles have the chance to pump out for the day. X-chalk has something in it that makes that red hot stinging feeling go away (or never come for that matter).

I strongly recommend people to try it and see it for themselves. You may hate it, or you just might feel the rewards of it. (obviously you can tell i like the stuff.)

valeberga

Oct 5, 2004, 4:57 AM
Post #3 of 13 (3789 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

YEAAAAAAHHHHHH my CHALK has sOMEthiNG! special IN IT!!!11! THat makes me FEEL S0 MUCH BeTTeR!! :x :shock: :shock: :x :x :lol: :shock: :o :x :shock:

pheenixx

Oct 5, 2004, 5:22 AM
Post #4 of 13 (3789 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sorry aimeerose ~ it appears you may have had a bad past x-perience with "clove" (a spice, one of the ingredients). As far as it being "purfummy"...gee...I've never smelled anything that smelled like that...Not even "Old Spice"... :lol:

The spice "clove" actually comes from nature - so as far as it being an "environmental hazard" to return it to it's native origins -- hmm... this quite doesn't make scents... :lol:

I find the scent of this chalk quite refreshing and as far as it's benefits, my fingers don't crack as quickly as from the other chalks. Anthing that keeps me from bleeding on the rock and helps me climb longer, and has a "fresh-spicy" scent -- Gets MY vote. I'm hooked on the stuff.

~phx~

hardrock_chik

Oct 5, 2004, 6:13 AM
Post #5 of 13 (3789 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think i've used that before!! I forgot my own chalkbag and used someone elses and it stank of REALLY strong perfume. Anyway, I don't buy my own chalk. :D hehe get it for free from the school art room (little do they know their HUGE supply is slowly draning after one of the climbing teachers revealed the sectret stash) :P
Don't buy the stuff if it stinks. hey is it more expensive/better than regular chalk or worse?

pheenixx

Oct 5, 2004, 6:38 AM
Post #6 of 13 (3789 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Don't buy the stuff if it stinks. hey is it more expensive/better than regular chalk or worse?

Gee -- it's amazing how many people may have baad childhood memories. Does anyone like the small of gingerbread baking in the oven -- Gaads ~~ :lol: >>

There are also people who love and/or despise cigarette smoke. People can always find ways to dislike just about everything. Opinions are always so opinionated..... :roll:

smeargle

Oct 10, 2004, 4:50 PM
Post #7 of 13 (3789 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I ran out of chalk last week and found a bag of this in the bottom of our bag so I tried it out. At first it felt really gritty and kinda weird, but it worked pretty well and my fingers didn't burn after climbing some Mt. Lemmon granite so I was happy. I do think it is a bit pricey though.

special-herb
Deleted

Oct 12, 2004, 11:56 PM
Post #8 of 13 (3789 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I started using x chalk a few months ago and now its the only chalk i'll use. The smell isnt overwhelming, its chill.
you should give it a try
check out the website
zen-lizard.com

fastfeet975

Oct 13, 2004, 12:02 AM
Post #9 of 13 (3789 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I love x chalk. My hands feel nicer. The fine grain of the chalk lasts for a while. I agree that the smell is something you like or dislike, I find it enjoyable. I totally endorse this product, especially the price. The price is comparable to any other brand and x chalk is full of natural ingredients to soothe your paws.

climbingpride

Oct 13, 2004, 12:30 AM
Post #10 of 13 (3789 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I recently just ran out of the stuff so i switched to a different kind of chalk. Uh, I hate the chalk i use now. I've definately been sold on the Zen Chalk and need to go buy some more.

sonso45

Oct 13, 2004, 12:43 AM
Post #11 of 13 (3789 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I put it in a ball and it hardly smells. I like the odor anyhow. It works well and I like how it doesn't leave my skin completely dry after climbing. M

mitch-a-pallooza
Deleted

Oct 13, 2004, 12:46 AM
Post #12 of 13 (3789 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I happen to really enjoy the smell! I mix it into metulious super chalk just because i think it smells nice, its also kinda funny beause everyone ive climbed with hates it. Its amazing how worked up people get about a little bit of clove smell. mine isnt even that strong becsue it is mixed.

Partner holdplease2

Oct 13, 2004, 6:55 AM
Post #13 of 13 (3789 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, if its hand soothing, then thats cool.

OK, I know you guys aren't going to like this, but here's what I think about chalk that has a scent...

I don't want my hands smelling like clove, so I'd rather other folks didn't smear clove smell on the holds where I go to climb outside or even in the gym...even if the smell is "chill."

Anyway, I don't mean to sound too harsh, and I certainly won't pick a fight with you at the crag over it, but this is my first impression of what it would be like to have a bunch of folks using scented chalk.

Also, clove is a spice, right? Does it burn your eyes if you rub them? Just curious.

Also beware of anything with both the words Zen and X in the title...they may be praying on your need to feel cool. :shock:

Next thing you know, you'll be spilling Mountain Dew on your Prana yoga mat while trying to strap it into your Nissan X-Terra gear bin and stuffing your fingers into the holiday ham for flavoring! ;)

-Kate.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Sport Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook