RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Bouldering

Premier Sponsor:

bdquickdraw

Sep 24, 2004, 8:00 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1483 views)
Shortcut

Bouldering in North Carolina
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Does anybody out there know of any good bouldering in Hendersonville, North Carolina or any where near Valle Crusis, NC? :D

stinkypete

Sep 28, 2004, 11:16 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1483 views)
Shortcut

Re: Bouldering in North Carolina [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

This came from a TOP SECREt Source....But I think this may help

NOTE:I DID NOT WRITE THIS

Harold,
Theres been alot of spray about Boone lately, and I was just wondering if it's true that Boone has the best bouldering in the country. I mean, YOU live there, so whats the story?

Dear Dreamin'
I'm afraid that you like everyone else, have been deceived. You see, the town of Boone is really an elaborate hoax created by myself and a small, but dedicated, group of boulderers known collectively as M.I.S.T.Y.
M.I.S.T.Y was founded in the Mid 1950s as a means of preventing Communists from infiltrating and destroying the American climbing scene. My father, Harold Pennington Sr. (Weight 180), was one of the founding agents and I naturally assumed the mantle of leadership upon his death. SInce the fall of the evil Russian empire, M.I.S.T.Y has been concerned primarily with safegaurding our climbing areas from Arab Terrorists, Canadians, Kayakers, and other deviant elements that threaten our climbing freedom. In the EArly 1980s our overseas agents began to send back reports of a new threat called sport climbing. Foreseeing that this new enemy wass too stron, M.I.S.T.Y began to plan for the futur, and the future , as we saw it was, bouldering. In order to protect our bouldering areas from the invading hordes of French SPort CLimbers, we created a huge organic computer program which we called B.O.O.N.E.N.O.R.T.H.C.A.R.O.L.I.N.A., or BooneNC for short. The program is created from ordinary climbing chalk, old back issues of Rock&Ice (theones with page after page of inaccurate gudes to places you've never heard of),DNA from John Gill (Don't ask how we got it), and a dash of Patchouli Oil. The program runs on a vast network of "Brains" otherwise known as the "residents" of the "town" of Boone, NC. WHen running, BooneNC creates an extremely realistic virtual world. Those who enter this world believe that they are really climbing on fantasstic "boulders" of Boone. This program aallows M.I.S.T.Y. to monitor and control the bouldering experience of the entire country from our secret headquarters in Banner Elk. We have similar Command Posts in Bisop California and Utah(the Command Post in Boulder, CO began malfunctioning in 1989, and it had to be abandoned. It seems to have contracted a virus that fools it into believing itself to be the center of the universe. This virus was most likely planted by our arch nemisis, the sinister organization known as V.E.R.V.E.) BooneNC allows us to provide realistic VIrtual Bouldering for your Entertainment, while hiding and protecting the real bouldering, all of which is located in Duluth, Minnesota. So, Dreamin', come on down to Boone!
THe "Bouldering" is great and the "Locals" are friendly. I hope that answers your question..
Virtually, Harold Pennington (Age 40)
P.S. The weather module is currently malfunctioning. Please be patient as we make repairs.

NOTE:It is hard to re-type this with my finger all taped up...yeah I re-typed it...I couldn't find the original and cut n paste it...you know why my finger all taped up...yeah its because i'm an awesome climber....nah really I stabbed my finger with a corkscrew while I was fixing the cigarette lighter plug so I could play CD.s on my way to Blair woods when I will really need tape yeah tape climbing chalk send Bad Brains woohoo waterfowl season guns burnham marsh beware my boss is a duck hunter and I want to quite my job and just go climbing too much coffee why won't it stop raining must go cash in lottery tickets to pay off parking ticket yeah
send chalk

check out ncbouldering.com too ANthony is a good climber I seen him clib once and if you are too you can climb in these places and maybe a local will assess your character and show you where secret problems put up by the legendary dr. tweak and such areuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh must stop typing.
:shock:

andy_reagan

Sep 29, 2004, 1:18 AM
Post #3 of 5 (1483 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Man, the bouldering in NC is so good. I'd suggest taking a brief glance at any number of online area information sites (this site has one). With cursory information most of the developed bouldering areas in NC are a snap to find and start cranking in. Have fun, bro!

chrisparedes

Sep 29, 2004, 1:59 AM
Post #4 of 5 (1483 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Boone has great bouldering, some of the best I've ever done. Most of it is centerd around Appalachian State University. Tons of people there climb, they can let you know where the boulders are.

getmpowder

Oct 13, 2004, 5:30 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1483 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If you are evr in boone bouldering and someone with tape on finger half ripped off from slopers walks up and their nick name is stinkypete .............rrruuuuuunnnnnn!!!!!!

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook