RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

crazycarl54

Oct 14, 2004, 9:18 PM
Post #1 of 5 (2151 views)
Shortcut

New tricks/variations (at least to me)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

It is always a bit egotistical to claim a "new trick" so I conceed there are probably lots of people doing these and just not mentioning them.
1. Stand perpendicular to the line, then begin to drop your RIGHT knee towards the line, HOWEVER, rather than drop it on the RIGHT side of your left foot, drop your knee onto the LEFT side of your left foot -- so your legs are crossed up -- right knee on left side of left foot.
2. From kneeling position, perpendicular to the line, start bouncing the line up and down (this takes practice). Once you get bouncing pretty good, try to SHOOT up from kneeling position to standing with BOTH legs at the peak of an "up-bounce". You should go from kneeling to standing all at once. This takes a lot of practice. duh.
3. Stand perpendicular to the line, and bend your knees until your legs are entirely bent underneath you and you are squatting on your haunches. (difficult to balance like this at first) Then lift one leg off the line, so you are balancing on the haunches of just one leg. In one sudden movement, SHOOT the remaining leg off the line and land balancing on your butt, still perpendicular to the line, with both legs out in front of you. I call this trick "Slackline Joe's Mom" because the line slaps my butt just like her if I stick it right :)

grimace

Oct 16, 2004, 2:59 AM
Post #2 of 5 (2151 views)
Shortcut

Re: New tricks/variations (at least to me) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

#3 def. sounds new. cool/painful idea. somebody has got to put on a slack comp so we can battle out new tricks.

crazycarl54

Oct 19, 2004, 8:24 PM
Post #3 of 5 (2151 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I agree, a contest would be a great way to motivate slackers to gather and share tricks, as well as worker harder at coming up with new stuff.
It seems, however, that often times when I bring up the idea of competition, many people see it in a potentially negative and/or divisive light...
I think that competition can be done in a positive, slackline sport-furthering manner. Competition can give people the motivation to try new things, take new risks, finally huck that backflip they have been wanting so bad for so long, etc...
I personally thrive on competition, however, for many people it disvalues the efforts of those who aren't among "the best", and intimidates those who are learning.
I dont think it has to be that way, and it seems like a negative way to view a potentially positive situation.

theturtle

Dec 10, 2004, 2:05 AM
Post #4 of 5 (2151 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
It is always a bit egotistical to claim a "new trick" so I conceed there are probably lots of people doing these and just not mentioning them.
1. Stand perpendicular to the line, then begin to drop your RIGHT knee towards the line, HOWEVER, rather than drop it on the RIGHT side of your left foot, drop your knee onto the LEFT side of your left foot -- so your legs are crossed up -- right knee on left side of left foot.

aka: Harpe Sit
http://www.rockclimbing.com/...p.cgi?Detailed=29994

In reply to:
2. From kneeling position, perpendicular to the line, start bouncing the line up and down (this takes practice). Once you get bouncing pretty good, try to SHOOT up from kneeling position to standing with BOTH legs at the peak of an "up-bounce". You should go from kneeling to standing all at once. This takes a lot of practice. duh.

I saw areyoumydude do this first try in fall 2002. He one-upped it by standing sidewazes (on the line) and kneeling down onto both knees, he then bounced back up.

You're on your own with joe's mom... :)

Partner coldclimb

Dec 10, 2004, 4:10 AM
Post #5 of 5 (2151 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, #1 is the Harpe sit, a rather fun one. #2 I've done once or twice, also sweet to stick it. :D #3 sounds interesting. I have yet to train my balance sitting on the line, or laying down. That's one thing I still need to work on. I love how this sport is so limitless. :D

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook