CLINTONS FAULT!

prufrock

Nov 2, 2004, 4:10 AM
Post #3 of 47 (1107 views)
Shortcut

Re: Abu Nidal [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Abu Nidal. He makes hair products, right? No, he's that crotchety old writer!

Partner tgreene

Nov 2, 2004, 12:32 PM
Post #4 of 47 (1107 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

--- DISCUSS ---

Partner tgreene

Nov 2, 2004, 1:22 PM
Post #5 of 47 (1107 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

--- DISCUSS ---

overlord

Nov 2, 2004, 2:52 PM
Post #6 of 47 (1107 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

whats to discuss about them/him??

Partner tgreene

Nov 2, 2004, 2:53 PM
Post #7 of 47 (1107 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

--- DISCUSS ---

overlord

Nov 2, 2004, 2:56 PM
Post #8 of 47 (1107 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
whats to discuss about them/him??

so theyre a group of terrorists, he is their leader, supposedly active in iraq.

so you plan to wait for the iraqui citizens to start defending themselves????

Partner tradman

Nov 2, 2004, 2:56 PM
Post #9 of 47 (1107 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It's not something I know a great deal about, but I'm doing a bit of reading on it now, I'll get back to you.

Partner tgreene

Nov 2, 2004, 2:58 PM
Post #10 of 47 (1107 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I posted the following yesterday, and not a single person commented on it... It proves w/o a shadow of a doubt, that Saddam had close ties to terrorist organizations! :evil:

In reply to:
Oh, as for CONCLUSIVE evidence as to Saddam's links to terrorists, read the following... Since Abu Nidal had been dead for the past couple of years, the world seems to have forgotten all about him!

Abu Nidal Organization --Iraq extremists
In reply to:
Has the Abu Nidal Organization received state support?

Yes. Iraq, Syria, and Libya have all harbored the group and given it training, logistical support, and funding, often using the ANO as guns or hire. Abu Nidal began working with Iraqi intelligence while representing Fatah in Baghdad, experts say. He formed his organization with Iraq’s help and began by attacking Syria and the PLO. In 1983, Iraqi President Saddam Hussein expelled Abu Nidal and his group in an attempt to win American military support for Iraq’s 1980s war with neighboring Iran. Once the war ended, Iraq resumed its support of Abu Nidal.

overlord

Nov 2, 2004, 3:02 PM
Post #11 of 47 (1107 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

OHHHHHH. any links to al quaida or wmds yet????

if i remeber correctly the reason for war were wmds in saddams hands and hes links to bin laden/al quaida. i cant remeber bush or anybody from hes administration talking about abu nidal or any other terrorist group as a reason to invade iraq.

its like saying that theres a white shark in the lagoon, putting the innocent swimmer and your tourism in danger, so you drain it, killing all the fishes and end up with a barracuda.

cosmokramer

Nov 2, 2004, 3:05 PM
Post #12 of 47 (1107 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I posted the following yesterday, and not a single person commented on it... It proves w/o a shadow of a doubt, that Saddam had close ties to terrorist organizations! :evil:

In reply to:
Oh, as for CONCLUSIVE evidence as to Saddam's links to terrorists, read the following... Since Abu Nidal had been dead for the past couple of years, the world seems to have forgotten all about him!

In reply to:

Yes. Iraq, Syria, and Libya have all harbored the group and given it training, logistical support, and funding, often using the ANO as guns or hire. Abu Nidal began working with Iraqi intelligence while representing Fatah in Baghdad, experts say. He formed his organization with Iraq’s help and began by attacking Syria and the PLO. In 1983, Iraqi President Saddam Hussein expelled Abu Nidal and his group in an attempt to win American military support for Iraq’s 1980s war with neighboring Iran. Once the war ended, Iraq resumed its support of Abu Nidal.

NO NO NO WAIT A MINUTE. Saddam has NOTHING to do with terrorism. He is just a warm, fuzzy despot with no intentions of harming America. Why did we have to topple him? He is NOT part of the war on terror, remember? The war in Iraq is unjustified.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

cerikpete

Nov 2, 2004, 3:05 PM
Post #13 of 47 (1107 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

In reply to:

In reply to:

Let's see if we can predict where this is going to go....

"Iraq has ties to terrorists"
"Where't the link to OBL and Al Qaeda?"
"But they have ties to terrorists"
"But not to the 9/11 attacks"
"But they support terrorists"
"Where are the WMDs?"
"They supported terrorists!"
etc, etc, etc.....
:boring:

Partner tgreene

Nov 2, 2004, 3:10 PM
Post #14 of 47 (1107 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, I've posted the conclusive evidence that the ties to terrorism did/do in fact exist, and since the war on terror was not limited to the scope of 1 group or another, this makes the war completely justified.

Since it's clear that strong ties did/do exist, whats to say that the missing WMD's were not already placed into the hands of the terrorists that Saddam openly supported..?

cosmokramer

Nov 2, 2004, 3:15 PM
Post #15 of 47 (1107 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Liberals will never concede that Iraq supported terror, even if Saddam held up a sign during a Dan Rather interview reading "Hello, I am Saddam, and I support terrorism." This destroys the foundation of every one of their baseless arguments.

Saddam didn't support terrorism = unjustified war = transfer of power from the right to the left.

Saddam supported terrorism = justified war = liberalism becomes obsolete.

Partner tradman

Nov 2, 2004, 3:17 PM
Post #16 of 47 (1107 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes, Saddam supported terrorism.

Until 1987.

Before we slapped sanctions on his country.

Which forced him to stop.

g
Deleted

Nov 2, 2004, 3:29 PM
Post #17 of 47 (1107 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

In reply to:

In reply to:

Tim, you know that I have posted stuff on Iraq's more recent ties to terrorism, most of which are anti-Iranian groups that we also supported. Much of what I read seems to point towards the low threat (if any) Abu Nidal presented, and it has been over a decade since they have carried out any attack against the west. Certainly he was in Iraq, and Saddam did take the cause of the Palestinians seriously, so at the very least provided refuge to Abu Nidal himself, since he died there in 2002. That is clear, but I've never read of large camps such as those of the People's Mujadeen of Iran based in Saddam's Iraq and now officially defended by us. Remember they have been declared "protected persons" under the Geneva Conventions. If you want want to talk of supporting terrorism, at least have the decency to look at you own actions first.

cosmokramer

Nov 2, 2004, 3:31 PM
Post #18 of 47 (1107 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Until 1987.

The same way sanctions stopped him from pursuing banned weapons programs?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Partner tradman

Nov 2, 2004, 3:34 PM
Post #19 of 47 (1107 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Uuuuh, yes actually.

Can I assume you haven't read the CIA's Iraq Survey Group Report?

thegreytradster

Nov 2, 2004, 3:39 PM
Post #20 of 47 (1107 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Until 1987.

Not according to the Dulfer Report. Seems like he was funneling large amounts of money from the UN "oil for dead babies" program directly to terrorist groups.

http://www.memri.org/...Area=iraq&ID=IA19304

In reply to:
Another person who was directly involved in terrorism is Abu Al-Abbas, who was allocated a total of 11.5 million barrels, some of which was lifted by Vilma Oil Consultant, a Spanish company. Abu Al-Abbas has also sold 1.5 million barrels through Ayad Ammora and Partnership (Syria), which is also listed as a recipient of vouchers for 18 million barrels.

Abu Al-Abbas was first mentioned in a "top secret and personal" letter (No.110/2/43 of 25 January 1993) from the Iraqi intelligence service to the secretary of the president of the republic. The letter listed the terrorist organizations that could be employed by Iraq to carry out sabotage and terrorism activities against American interests in the Arab world.

g
Deleted

Nov 2, 2004, 3:42 PM
Post #21 of 47 (1107 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Uuuuh, yes actually.

I read the summary, I'm not going to waste that much time to read the whole 1,000 pages, and I still think you made a date error. We started supporting Saddam in the 80s, and removed him from State's terrorism list, so that we could ship arms to fight Iran. We continued supporting him until he attacked Kuwait in 1990, and it was in that year the sanctions that I know the Duelfer Report talks about were started.

Edited for obvious mistakes made while typing to quickly.

Partner tradman

Nov 2, 2004, 3:46 PM
Post #22 of 47 (1107 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The Iraq Survey Group Report findings I'm referring to were the ones about WMDs not support of terrorists - you know, the ones which state unequivocally that the Iraqi WMD and nuclear programs were on hold since 1991 for economic reasons?

You can get stuck into your conspiracy theories now, I'm only interested in discussing the topic at hand (Abu Nidal), thanks.

monkey_toes

Nov 2, 2004, 3:52 PM
Post #23 of 47 (1107 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

Uuuuh, yes actually.

I read the summary, I'm not going to waste that much time to read the whole 1,000 pages, and I still think you made a date error. We started supporting Saddam in the 80s, and removed him from State's terrorism list, so that we could ship arms to fight Iran. We continued supporting him until he attack Kuwait in 1990, and it was in that year the the sanction that I know the Duelfer Report talks about.

Yep the fact that we were providing Materiel and Logistical support for Saddam is one of those often overlooked facts. As well as the fact that we also supported him because of his hard line stance on Muslim fundamentalism.

The of course there is our support of OBL as well during the Russian occupation of Afghanistan.

Did Iraq/Saddam support terrorism - the evidence suggests that he did. However I still believe that Bush jumped the gun. Those additional months of waiting for the UN to try and do their job - could of meant the difference to our army being better prepared and saving soldiers lives.

I don't think there are many people out there that can be under the dellusion that Saddam had to go - it was more a case of when and how many coallition soldiers lives were our governments willing to sacrifice to get the job done.

BTW - Tony Blair did emplore Bush to wait before invading.

g
Deleted

Nov 2, 2004, 3:54 PM
Post #24 of 47 (1107 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
The Iraq Survey Group Report findings I'm referring to were the ones about WMDs not support of terrorists - you know, the ones which state unequivocally that the Iraqi WMD and nuclear programs were on hold since 1991 for economic reasons?

You can get stuck into your conspiracy theories now, I'm only interested in discussing the topic at hand (Abu Nidal), thanks.
OK, you didn't present a clear timeline, so that confused me, and I really just want to make that part of the history clear. The Duelfer Report and the ISG Report are the same.

Partner tradman

Nov 2, 2004, 3:57 PM
Post #25 of 47 (1107 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
BTW - Tony Blair did emplore Bush to wait before invading.

Yeah, he did.

And then he followed him anyway!

What sort of a craven, spineless little toady snivels and sends his countrymen to die when even he thinks it's wrong to do so?

At least bush thought he was doing the right thing!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook