Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

cfnubbler

Nov 2, 2004, 8:22 PM
Post #51 of 58 (5839 views)
Shortcut

Re: Bolting at Quartz Mountain, OK [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
Any heat should be on me, not him about the choices made.

I agree, and that seems to be precisely what's happened. Have you read the thread?

But I digress...my comments have nothing to do with that. They're about you. I think you're funny.

-Nubbler

13point75

Nov 2, 2004, 8:54 PM
Post #52 of 58 (5839 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

For those of you still climbing by nailing... you guys need to set up a website cybernailer.com and leave the rock alone...

diesel___smoke

Nov 2, 2004, 9:20 PM
Post #53 of 58 (5839 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
For those of you still climbing by nailing... you guys need to set up a website cybernailer.com and leave the rock alone...

Interesting, I was just thinking I should start climbing exclusively on nailed gear and 'accidentally' overdrive every pin I place. Clean aid is boring, anyway...

STFU, n00b.

matt_sizemore

Nov 2, 2004, 9:33 PM
Post #54 of 58 (5839 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey diesel_smokeblower,

Are you like 16 years old or something?

diesel___smoke

Nov 2, 2004, 9:36 PM
Post #55 of 58 (5839 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Almost!

redtail

Nov 2, 2004, 10:33 PM
Post #56 of 58 (5839 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey everyone, take a big deep breath and CHILL! I'm the one who asked Diesel about where the route he did was at. He described it a bit more than was really necessary but so what! If he put up a new route at quartz by aid or free, what's the problem. If someone can establish a new route at Quartz, COOL! He obviously attempted to do it in what aid climbers consider good style and with as little impact as possible (considering it was aided on iron). I don't get why everyone is jumping up and down about it. Just because it was aided?? So what! Anorexia used to be done on iron. Nobody b!tched about that. Some of the locals have worked on freeing it. Maybe some day they will succeed. Hell, one of these days maybe Lynn Hill will come down and free it AND the line Diesel aided too. Leave the dude alone. After all, how many of us have been out there and tried a line we knew nothing about instead of lining up on the same route everyone else was doing? Don't criticize something until you have ALL the facts and one things for sure with a forum like this, you don't get the whole story.

my 2 cents

Deisel, I know you probably don't care if anyone ever repeats your line but do the rest of us a favor, borrow a guide book and pin down the location of where the route starts so the rest of us (me that is) can have a look/see. I'll be down that direction during the holidays and I'd like to be able to find it. Thanks.

oklahoma_climber

Nov 14, 2004, 4:04 AM
Post #57 of 58 (5839 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wow.

I'm kinda saddened by a lot of what I'm reading here. Quartz has always been one of the most respected crags in the region, I'm disappointed by how many people don't take the time to learn about it before they start spraying each other about who can do what to which routes.

In my mind, Quartz is that mystical granite haven down the road from the Wichitas that is reserved for the aspiring or occasionally authentic hardman. If you want bolted routes or looser local ethics, get involved in the WMCC and go try one of the hundreds of lines in the Wichitas.... many bolted beyond necessity.

However, Quartz has a different story, a different legacy, a different personality. All people are asking is for respect of those who've earned it. The FAs, the locals, the people putting in the hours and paying the dues... just slow down long enough to listen to them and respect what they've helped to build.

For deisel specifically (since you seem to be attracting so much attention here): Don't be a deusch-bag about things. If you did run a new A-whatever, good work! If you made a mistake, I appreciate your willingness to admit it and back off... but why the cursing and flaming?

The legacy of Oklahoma climbers is a great one. I hope that the community continues to respect that legacy and respect the ethics established and maintained over time. Quartz is a beautiful area, in both scenic and ethics perspectives.... let's keep it that way. The consensus and the FAs' wishes are no more retro bolting; that which has been done seems satisfactory and sufficient. I'm great with that, and most of those involved are too.

Blessings and a few chill-pills to all.

oklahoma_climber

Nov 14, 2004, 4:10 AM
Post #58 of 58 (5839 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

one more thing on the side....

While we appreciate your valuable contribution to the sport and experience that is climbing.... if you're not a local or oklahoma-frequenter, and especially if you have never set foot on the red-dirted plains of the sooner state, stay off our local threads.

we don't tell you how to cut the grass in your own backyard, so stay the crap out of ours and take your lawnmower with you.

:evil:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook