RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

bonads

Nov 2, 2004, 11:40 PM
Post #1 of 13 (1980 views)
Shortcut

HP 40 weather
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Two friends and I are going to HP 40 over Thanksgiving Break. I've never been there, not even Alabama for that matter. What kind of weather, temperature wise should or could i expect? Thanks.

Partner mr8615

Nov 3, 2004, 1:26 AM
Post #2 of 13 (1980 views)
Shortcut

Re: HP 40 weather [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Chilly at night, awesome during the day. Go there, climb, love it like me.

Mark

ginerbiner

Nov 3, 2004, 2:39 AM
Post #3 of 13 (1980 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Go to the Southeastern Climbers Coalition website. They have a section on HP40 plus a Boulderer's Forum on the Message Board. Amazing bouldering, the second leg of the Triple Crown Bouldering Series to be held there this coming Saturday 11/6 - I'll be there workin' it, baybay! Ask on www.seclimbers.org and you shall receive!
Peace, G

bonads

Nov 3, 2004, 2:43 PM
Post #4 of 13 (1980 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks guys, i'm looking forward to being there.

bb

Nov 3, 2004, 3:45 PM
Post #5 of 13 (1980 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Forget bouldering. You should catch the bassmasters tournament that weekend. Hell Yeah !

ginerbiner

Nov 3, 2004, 4:12 PM
Post #6 of 13 (1980 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, BUT!!! Chris Sharma and Lisa Rands are registered competitors at HP40 this weekend. Spectator fee is $20 (includes t-shirt, meal ticket, camping Saturday night), competitor enrollment still open. Come on out and watch poetry in motion!

keinangst

Nov 3, 2004, 4:30 PM
Post #7 of 13 (1980 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

And James Litz will be competing in the "Overshadowed By Others But Gonna Kick Some A$$" category!

:D

Partner one900johnnyk

Nov 3, 2004, 6:22 PM
Post #8 of 13 (1980 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Yeah, BUT!!! Chris Sharma and Lisa Rands are registered competitors at HP40 this weekend. Spectator fee is $20, competitor enrollment full. Come on out and watch poetry in motion!

make me gag.. thank you very much for helping me finally decide to not show up this weekend.

styndall

Nov 3, 2004, 6:36 PM
Post #9 of 13 (1980 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Two friends and I are going to HP 40 over Thanksgiving Break. I've never been there, not even Alabama for that matter. What kind of weather, temperature wise should or could i expect? Thanks.

It really depends. Southeastern weather is insane. You could be bouldering in t-shirts and sleeping under the stars, or you could end up sporting your fleece and your beanies and huddling in a tent in 20 degree temps. I've done both there, and at approximately the same times of year. Whatever the temps, you'll have mad crazy fun.

bonads

Nov 3, 2004, 7:17 PM
Post #10 of 13 (1980 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, considering it's at minimum a 6 hour drive to HP 40 and b/c we're having our last homegame against Arkansas that weekend, i'm not going to drive there to just watch people climb. That'd be more torture than fun. I actually hope that it's going to be cold though, I'm getting pretty tired of it still being 85 and muggy.

ginerbiner

Nov 5, 2004, 4:42 AM
Post #11 of 13 (1980 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Yeah, BUT!!! Chris Sharma and Lisa Rands are registered competitors at HP40 this weekend. Spectator fee is $20 (includes t-shirt, meal ticket, Saturday night camping), competitor enrollment still open. Come on out and watch poetry in motion!

make me gag.. thank you very much for helping me finally decide to not show up this weekend.

1900johnnyk, don't be such a kill joy, darlin'. it'll be fun. come on out and say hello. i'll be working the scc table and raffle table - little brunette with long curly hair. i think you and i live in the same neighborhood, btw.
peace and smiles, gina

Partner one900johnnyk

Nov 5, 2004, 1:23 PM
Post #12 of 13 (1980 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
Yeah, BUT!!! Chris Sharma and Lisa Rands are registered competitors at HP40 this weekend. Spectator fee is $20 (includes t-shirt, meal ticket, Saturday night camping), competitor enrollment still open. Come on out and watch poetry in motion!

1900johnnyk, don't be such a kill joy, darlin'. it'll be fun. come on out and say hello. i'll be working the scc table and raffle table - little brunette with long curly hair. i think you and i live in the same neighborhood, btw.
peace and smiles, gina

hha, yeah it was fun last year, but if i go i will just get sloshed on whiskey again and be worthless. at any rate, please do throw yourself at chris sharma and get back to the trip report with a funny story! what neighborhood do you mean? i just moved from buckhead to midtown...

(maybe i'll show up, it is supposed to be real nice...

ginerbiner

Nov 5, 2004, 3:56 PM
Post #13 of 13 (1980 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

peace and smiles, gina

hha, yeah it was fun last year, but if i go i will just get sloshed on whiskey again and be worthless. at any rate, please do throw yourself at chris sharma and get back to the trip report with a funny story! what neighborhood do you mean? i just moved from buckhead to midtown...

(maybe i'll show up, it is supposed to be real nice...

I'm not the type to throw myself at anyone. Too old for that. But getting sloshed... one is never too old.

I live in Decatur near Emory University and the Decatur Square.

Yes, show up. It's gonna be a gorgeous day.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook