RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

vtrocker

Nov 8, 2004, 8:26 PM
Post #1 of 3 (596 views)
Shortcut

Hands and Chalk
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi, i was just wondering if there were any other people that found when you use chalk for climbing if the tips of your fingertips began to peel? I know it sounds really gross but i think that it might be the chalk. if this is happened to anyone else, could you post good hand mostirizurs that you have found to prevent this from happening!thanks a bunch
Sassy [cyan][/cyan][cyan][/cyan]

climbingurlie

Nov 8, 2004, 8:57 PM
Post #2 of 3 (596 views)
Shortcut

Re: Hands and Chalk [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

As you keep climbing, you'll get callouses and your fingertips won't peel. Most people go though this at one time or another when they start climbing. You can put lotion on them, but go easy on it. You don't want your hands to be too weak, otherwise they'll continue to peel. If it bothers you to an extreme, you can get some tape and wrap your finger tips. The peeling should be replaced with some lovely callouses in some time though. :D

sportyj

Nov 10, 2004, 2:54 AM
Post #3 of 3 (596 views)
Shortcut

Re: Hands and Chalk [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I use Burts Bees Almond Milk Hand Creme and it doesn't deter from the "toughness" of my hands! I use it after every day at the crag or gym just to soothe the burning but my hands continue to "toughen up" I think this stuff is a miracle. And it smells AMAZING! My husband even uses it too. I think there is a misconception that you have to leave your hands dry all the time to develop climbers callouses but callouses will form from use not dryness. TRY IT out!! And its not gross...I think climber hands are SEXAY!!!

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook