RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

mother_sheep

Nov 8, 2004, 10:07 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1292 views)
Shortcut

Matthew Winters Attack
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

This area is primarily for hikers but there is bouldering and a couple TRs in the Park, which is why I'm posting this here.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/.../3898123/detail.html

jer

Nov 8, 2004, 10:51 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1292 views)
Shortcut

Re: Matthew Winters Attack [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

crap!!! MS, I have spent mucho mucho time bouldering and running there, usually up until dark. Sometimes my wife is trailing a mile or more behind. I would still consider this truely a RANDOM act- as I have NEVER seen anyone suspect there...except for the mysterious Spongebob Squarepant shaped humans walking along the trail near house sized boulders...

jer

p.s. on a side note- I really detest those police sketches of suspects- they all look the same- like one of those magnedoodle drag and sketch toys (drop a mustache there, and a ball cap there-OOH OOH! That's him!!).

mother_sheep

Nov 8, 2004, 10:57 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1292 views)
Shortcut

Re: Matthew Winters Attack [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
on a side note- I really detest those police sketches of suspects- they all look the same- like one of those magnedoodle drag and sketch toys (drop a mustache there, and a ball cap there-OOH OOH! That's him!!).

I was thinking the same thing.

I spend a lot of time night hiking in the winter and fall solo around the foothills so this has me a bit freaked out. I hope they catch the guy but really, I doubt they will.

glencoe

Nov 9, 2004, 12:48 AM
Post #4 of 5 (1292 views)
Shortcut

known hazards [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have spoken to the JeffCo law enforcement rangers about crime in the JeffCo Parks, and they named Mathews as the worst. The information I received is that gangs have scoped out Mathews especially for initiation car-break-ins.

This info was a few years old, but the message was clear--Mattews is the least safe---because I-70 makes for an easy escape.

Any updates on this old news????

sandbag

Nov 9, 2004, 4:35 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1292 views)
Shortcut

Re: known hazards [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

maybe they should stake the place out?? BUnch a real rocket scientists over there at Jeffco Sherriff....

On a lighter note, when i used to do extended backpack trips into areas i wasnt familiar with, esp ones with bears and such, i always carried a side arm just in case. Never saw any bears that scared me, im more afraid of the wierdo humans that you run into in the middle of nowhere.

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook