RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Access Issues & Closures

Premier Sponsor:

alb

Dec 8, 2004, 6:05 AM
Post #1 of 2 (2043 views)
Shortcut

Gatineau Access and Conservation Working Group
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi everyone,

This past Sunday, the Gatineau Access and Conservation Working Group held its first general meeting for climbers in the Ottawa and Outaouais area. Over 50 people attended, and there was a positive vibe about the event.

Jean Hughes Martin led the discussion and David Foster gave a great description of where things stand between the NCC and the Alpine Club of Canada Ottawa and Outaouais sections proposal. In short the proposal has been well recieved.

I introduced the working group organization and how we work by concensus, and then the working group members introduced themselfs. We heard lots of feedback from the community, some of it about specific ideas for conservation and access, some of it having to do with "what's next". We also passed the hat around for contributions and recieved over a 150 dollars. We also passed around a volunteer list, and over 20 people have signed up.

There was a consensus that we needed to fascillitate communication within the local community. To that end we started building a website and have some mailing lists up and running. If you would like to join the announcement or the disussion mailling list send a mail to: listkeepers@gatineau-access.org and you'll get connected.

All the best,
al

tallnik

Feb 18, 2005, 4:05 PM
Post #2 of 2 (2043 views)
Shortcut

Re: Gatineau Access and Conservation Working Group [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Thanks for the info, what's the future looking like?

I'm an ottawa native, who's never had the chance to climb in Gatineau, have been eagerly awaiting the spring. If I have some time this Summer [normally working in Europe] to spend in Ottawa, I would love to volunteer and maybe help out in any way I can.

Cheers,
Nik

Forums : Climbing Information : Access Issues & Closures

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook