petsfed

Dec 18, 2004, 6:28 PM
Post #51 of 60 (1454 views)
Shortcut

Re: fvck. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
its not a union, guys. all the local crew labor is students. we're nearly unique in the country in that respect-- the students run all the shows.

Ah, okay, so you're dealing with a bunch of techies that have no perception of the fact that they are not god's gift to an arena/theater, much less their own sandbox. I got out of rigging before I went to college because I realized that I didn't want the pinnacle of my career to be at age 23. Thats why my brother only works part time rigging anymore. Thats why my oldest sister is pursuing a degree in archiving(!). Thats why my other sister got a degree in wildlife managment. The field sucks the life out of you, and all of your coworkers have this overwraught sense of self importance when in all actuality, they're a dime a dozen. Come to think of it, the only one in my family that still works theater consistently is my mother. And she loves her job, especially now that she gets chartered flights to Denver from Oregon to work.

Tell you what, get in with a small dance company that tours on a regular basis, get out of the southeast, and you might learn to enjoy your job more. Pays the bills and you're not stuck in the same spot so much.

charley

Dec 18, 2004, 10:03 PM
Post #52 of 60 (1454 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

:D

jakedatc

Dec 18, 2004, 10:23 PM
Post #53 of 60 (1454 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

nah.. skibby got to the title.. read a few posts up

jamaica

Dec 18, 2004, 10:36 PM
Post #54 of 60 (1454 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

how great would it be to see this discussion live intead of over the internet :D

jamaica

Dec 18, 2004, 10:41 PM
Post #55 of 60 (1454 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Clausti, being from Arkansas I feel you're pain when it comes to rednecks. Nascar, mullets, and sexism really gets on my neves after a while

Jamaica 8^)

wingnut

Dec 19, 2004, 1:52 AM
Post #56 of 60 (1454 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I know what you mean. especially the rednecks :deadhorse:

Partner rrrADAM

Dec 20, 2004, 7:50 AM
Post #57 of 60 (1454 views)
Shortcut

Re: aw, heck [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey !!!

I was just in Clemson for a couple months (left Dec7th) working at Oconee Nuclear Plant, and was there for almost a year from last summer till May of this year.

I know the sys admin for Clemson, he's on the site. I've even climbed with a few students from there, so we prolly know the same people... Do you climb at the campus rock gym ??? If so, do you know Meg ??? It was getting pretty cold when I left to come back to SoCal, but there are some great crags within 1/2 hours of you in NC, like Rumbling Bald, Lynville Gorge and Looking Glass.. Shiprock is a little further, and outstading in my book. Curahee is only 30-45 minutes going West on 123 in Georgia, and while not world class, I liked it enough to climb there on about 8 different occasions, and it's low elevation so it should be climbable year round. Shoot me a PM if you don't have any partners, and I'll put you in touch with some climbers local to Clemson/Anderson.

Clemson is nice, but Seneca is pretty bad... Problem is, out there it's beer, big trucks, NASCAR, WWF, and fishing for most of the local wanabe he-men... Real worldly and cultured. :roll:

As for the dumb-asses who like to say...
"you coming to the bbq tomororw?" "what bbq?" "the one where i lay my meat on your grill."

Witty retorts work best... She should have said, "No thanx... I've checked your package out, and while I know it's cold out, you're really lacking in the bulge... Try some Enzite." This works best if said in front of his friends for maximum effectiveness. :twisted:

A little less caustic response would be to simply say... "Wow... I bet you get a lot of chicks with that one". :roll:

clausti

Dec 20, 2004, 9:17 PM
Post #58 of 60 (1454 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edit: delete.

Partner wideguy

Dec 20, 2004, 9:32 PM
Post #59 of 60 (1454 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
remark wasnt said to me. said to my sister.

for the record, guys, i didnt say the name of the college in my first post for a reason. and its not listed in my profile. ya wanna stop putting it in the thread? that'd be nice.

Why, you don't want everyone knowing your name is

Betty Jo Bucharski
and you go to the Carolina School for Wayward Girls??

I don't see how that could possibly matter. But OK, I'll stop mentioning it. 8^)

cjstudent

Dec 21, 2004, 1:17 AM
Post #60 of 60 (1454 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

North Carolina has Sundrop...it beats Mellow Yellow.

Not to mention, all of the climbing places in NC makes me smile. :D

Adam, you are right, Ship rock is a cool place...20 minutes from my apartment and I'm loving it!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook