RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

kriso9tails

Aug 30, 2001, 3:06 AM
Post #1 of 9 (2455 views)
Shortcut

Your devotion?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm not what you'd call a 'serious' climber. It's fun so I do it. I'm starting training for the first time in my climbing career tomorrow, but I still only plan to climb for as long as it's fun. I don't want to be a climbing burn out, which I think is a common occurence. I climb, but I'm not a climber, I have a life afterall. What I'm willing to sacfifice for this pusuit? A fancy house, or anything fancy at all if it means I can get out on to the road on more climbing trips. My joints to arthritis. My toes have already been victimized by the sport. I'm willing to sacrifice hours working stupid moves that piss me off. I'm not willing to sacrifice my sanity, my other hobbies, a comfortable living, or most importantly, my future and present family. I am dedicated, but not committed.

vaness

Sep 1, 2001, 12:56 AM
Post #2 of 9 (2455 views)
Shortcut

Your devotion? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i try to climb as much as i can and take every chance i get and go. im only 15 and im without a job and i dont have a car. plus my mom wont drive me i dont have my own stuff so i have to go indoor and the only place i know of that it close to my house is at least a hals an hour away. but luckly i know someone who was nice enough to ask me if i wanted to help him out with taking some kids rock climbing for 3 days! ya so i go as much as i can.

paulc

Sep 1, 2001, 1:39 AM
Post #3 of 9 (2455 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Don't really have a second sport, well beyond the rollerblading/running/hiking etc. Nothing as serious. I would love nothing more than to climb full time, but real life sometimes gets in the way. I have a 9-5ish and climb pretty much every weekend and usually once every couple of weeks outdoors. Usually about 2-4 times indoors depending on the weather and season etc.

wandt

Sep 1, 2001, 5:01 AM
Post #4 of 9 (2455 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

For a while I lived climbing. Constant training, 100% financial commitment, etc. etc. etc. but now climbing is a far second sport. The fun of it has just petered out. No friends who climb, a lack of like-minded partner, a string of injuries, no transportation and a budget that does not include gym fees made for an unpleasant summer of no climbing. Made worse because it followed close on the heels of the best climbing season of my life. (The winter in Europe kicked ass!!)
So yeah, I may crank a bit between jump shots, but we'll see.

rck_climber

Sep 1, 2001, 5:14 AM
Post #5 of 9 (2455 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

While my wife would probably choose the word "obsession" over "devotion", I think I'm pretty into it. I climb (outdoors only, it's free, and just as close as the gym) at least 4 times a week. It doesn't help that I'm going to be moving back to the flatland (Ohio - no offense intended) next summer, so I'm trying to get all the climbing I can in before that.

Mick

climberchk

Sep 1, 2001, 11:16 PM
Post #6 of 9 (2455 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'd say I was a devoted climber. I've given up cheerleading, my ski team and much time to hang out with my friends, but I sure other people have give up more than me!

orestes1724

Sep 3, 2001, 12:33 AM
Post #7 of 9 (2455 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i dont get to go as much as i want to but if i could i would do it every day...but my parents dont really want me to do it (my mom thinks im gonna die) and they wont drive me...i have to go in a climbing gym but when i can get outside i go. at least i know people that want me to go with them every time...if i dont have school.

nikegirl

Sep 4, 2001, 5:43 AM
Post #8 of 9 (2455 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I know, that where I live, location is great for climbing. But, wet weather doesn't always allow for outdoor climbing. Winter and Spring rain, brings snow.and boarding is my first passion. As a beginner to climbing, an indoor gym will have to help me with the winter dulldrums, making climbing my other passion.

fiend

Sep 4, 2001, 5:45 AM
Post #9 of 9 (2455 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hold up a second!

There's something other than climbing to do?

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook