RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

pjay

Jan 13, 2005, 6:36 PM
Post #1 of 6 (1448 views)
Shortcut

Evolve's new rubber
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I was on Yosemite Bum's web site and I saw that they have improved their rubber.

This is what I read:

'We only resole with TRAX high traction rubber with great friction and edge-ability. As of January 2005, we have reformulated our rubber and are excited about the new stickiness and durability. We can confidently stack it up to any other climbing rubber out there. up there. '

So I was wondering how different it is from the old rubber(I had some problems with, I suppose, the older TRAX rubber. The rubber kind of peels away from each other, so that there were abnormal rough spots on the sole.). What about the new formulation is it that makes it better. Does it wear better? Or what.

If anyone from EVOLVE or YOSEMITE BUM could respond that would be great. Or if any of you have experience with either or, or both of the old and new TRAX rubber than respond.

Partner taino

Jan 13, 2005, 6:52 PM
Post #2 of 6 (1448 views)
Shortcut

Re: Evolve's new rubber [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I've had experience with 5.10 C4 Stealth, old Traxx and new Traxx.

The old Traxx - the stuff that peeled away - was, I am told, from a shipment of improperly-cured rubber. I got a resole with that batch, expressed my dissatisfaction, and the problem was rectified immediately.

I had my shoes resoled with the newer Traxx, and it's GREAT. Very sticky, and while I was told that it wouldn't last as long as other rubber because it's so sticky and not as durable my shoes have outlasted my shoes with the C4 on them. I haven't used any of the "reformulated rubber as of January 2005", but I'm confident that Evolv wouldn't put out a shoddy product.

Bottom line: the C4 is great stuff, don't get me wrong - but if your shoes have the Traxx rubber on them, you won't be disappointed.

T

pjay

Jan 13, 2005, 6:54 PM
Post #3 of 6 (1448 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Cool thanks Taino. Has anyone have any experience so far with the TRAX rubber made in 2005?

Partner j_ung

Jan 13, 2005, 9:41 PM
Post #4 of 6 (1448 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Cool thanks Taino. Has anyone have any experience so far with the TRAX rubber made in 2005?

:lol: :lol: Come on, man! We're not even two weeks into it! :P

Partner gamehendge

Jan 13, 2005, 9:54 PM
Post #5 of 6 (1448 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

:lol: :lol: Come on, man! We're not even two weeks into it! :P

I was standing outside Evolv's door NYE just so I got the first model out the store. That being said, with my new Kaos sporting the 2005 Trax new uber rubber, I've jumped a whole grade. :roll:

pjay

Jan 14, 2005, 1:25 PM
Post #6 of 6 (1448 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I should've expected this..... I appreciate the troll though guys. :?

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook