Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Next page Last page  View All

epic_ed

Aug 13, 2003, 6:53 PM
Post #76 of 266 (17233 views)
Shortcut

Re: ** Censorship At Rc.com!! ** [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
to admit is not a proof...

That's asinine. It's at least sufficient. And he posted a copy of his email on another thread:

In reply to:
Yosemite NPS LE RANGERS

To whom it may concern.

My name is Jabo Tunar and I am a climber, a few minutes ago I read on WWW.Rockclimbing.com on this thread

http://www.rockclimbing.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31023&postdays=0&postorder=asc&topic_view=&start=0

that a Canadian and some of his other drug using friends are staying in the park past the alotted 2 week a year policy. I understand why this policy is set in place so that we all may share the beauty of the Yosemite. I have also read that he stashes his gear in some bear boxes in the Orchard Parking Lot. He claims to have left gear more then a year. He also bad mouths the hard working Park employees. Please use this info and stop the people that are hurting climbing, feeding the perception that all climbers are lazy worthless louts who purposly steal from and abust this great country and our amazing national parks.

Sincerly,
Jabo Tunar

Is he trolling? Maybe. Probably. But it doesn't matter. His self-centered actions are the same.

stick233

Aug 13, 2003, 7:18 PM
Post #77 of 266 (17233 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

still need more proof, thomas? :roll: :roll: :roll: sounds pretty cut and dry to me...

nice work, ed...

Partner rrrADAM

Aug 13, 2003, 7:22 PM
Post #78 of 266 (17233 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Why is this in the prematurely named "Censorship" thread, when it should go in the "Camp 5 not cool..." thread, that was put up after the original vanished ??? Now there are two threads talking about the same thing, when it should consolidated, don't you think ???

I agree that this is an important issue, but it is being discussed in the wrong thread, but then the original post to this one, kinda opens the door for two topics to be discussed in one thread... Maybe Pete'll get a thread that he authored as the most viewed thread ever. :lol:
(Notice the smiley ??? That was a joke. :wink: )

xanx

Aug 13, 2003, 7:24 PM
Post #79 of 266 (17233 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

omfg so much bull* here i don't know where to begin.

i will first say that rrradam and skibabeage deserve some well-thought out flames for their ignorance and hypocrisy. but this is neither the time nor the place for that, so i will have to resist the urge for now.

for all of you literals out there, no, gawd's confession isn't "proof" in the sense that an American court would recognize. it is called "circumstantial evidence." However, let me first ask if every single one of you who doubts gawd's guilt is adamant about free speech here on RC.com?? if not you are being a bit hypocritical, trying to parade around the rights of the accused according to the ideals of the American legal system, but ignoring the freedom of speech issue (which, IMO is far more central to the ideals of American society). Plus, at this point, what motive does gawd have to lie? right now i don't think i am exagerating by saying his safety is in jeopardy. if he meets a sufficiently angry yosemite local he could get seriously messed up (with any luck). unless he is mentally insane, there is no reason for him to pretend he did it. he said he would do it, he then said he contacted the rangers, and then the rangers came and locked the boxes. coincidence?

quick word on censorship: Tim could have been a bit more polite in his presentation and a bit less inflammatory, however, i find it hard to argue with most of his points. The owners of this site (Trevor i guess) can do whatever the hell they want. They can delete whole forums, they can allow anything, they can delete the whole site, and we all basically have no legal recourse whatsoever. Do i like it? no. but are there really any better options available? no. the present system is the lesser of the evils. occasionally there are exceptions and abuses of powers, but for the most part, i feels mods aren't active enough in filtering out "bad" material. (take a look at gawd's post history.... someone please explain how even half of those aren't blatant abuses of the ToS?) The ToS are laid out clearly and vaguely enough to allow anything to be deleted. Generally they are applied loosely, but if a mod wants something gone, they can justify it's deletion in 99% of the posts here. tough luck though. i just have faith that overly abusive mods/admins will be kicked before long. the site runs fairly smoothly and i get what i want out of it: entertainment and some good info. the whole issue of the deletion of that thread about gawd seems to have been dealt with rather thoroughly...

rrradam and skibabeage: good thing i'm not into thread hijacking just to flame people :wink: perhaps another time....

Partner rrrADAM

Aug 13, 2003, 8:08 PM
Post #80 of 266 (17233 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

xanx... With 422818 posts in total at the time of this reply are you suggesting that we go back and "retro moderate" in accordance with the TOS, which is fairly recent ???

We are doing our best to enforce the TOS from it's inception forward. This does not mean that a user's history is not taken into account, as 'gawd' has quite a history. However, we cannot take action if his posts do not violate the TOS. Users with this type of history put themselves under the microscope. It would be unfair to hold him, or any other, to a standard that was not in place until after the fact, don't you agree ??? The fact that I am standing up for him shows that we are fair, as I have personal "issues" with him, but everyone needs to be treated fairly. I have even warned a few of my friends that I climb with regularly, as I said, we need to be fair, and fair means all held to the same standard. This included the Mods and Admins.

FWI... The TOS was not created to give a reason to take action against a user, but as a guidleline so as not to appear subjective on the part of the Mods and/or Admins. We have tried to remove as much ambiguity as we could, but any "hair splitter" will always have issues with it. We have also stated that it is editable, and that we encoiurage users to reasonably discuss it. To date, there has been no threads to reasonable discuss it, just "hair splitting" and drama. When the TOS was first drafted, there was a thread in S+Q for user input, but little constructive input was made.

We will miss probably quite a bit, as the ratio of Mods to users grows each day. Is this selective, no... Like I said, users who choose to make a scene, put themselves under the microscope. Nobody is singled out, instead some single themselves out, Just as everyone doesn't get their lives scrutinized by a probation officer, unless they are on probation... Is that selective ???

However, if you bring to the Forum Mod's attention, what you to believe to be a violation of the TOS, or something that is "not right", it will be looked into. This is best done via PM, as a post "that asshole f*cking deserves to be banned", or calling the Mods and/or Admins "nazis" is not the best avenue. It seems the buzzwords of those who cannot eloquently and reasonably state their case are: Censorship, Conspiracey, Subjective, Abuse of Power, etc... in an effort to discredit.

If one can reasonablly and logically state their case, the words speak for themselves, and cannot be disputed. If you feel this way, then reasonably and logically state your case, without all the venom.

It can be done... Do you detect any venom in my post here ???

dalguard

Aug 13, 2003, 8:30 PM
Post #81 of 266 (17233 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Maybe I suggest that the original poster go post here: http://www.supertopo.com/climbing/forum.html

They'll be interested to hear the story over there.

thomasribiere

Aug 13, 2003, 8:54 PM
Post #82 of 266 (17233 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

upper in thid thread, someone talked about Staline. I just wanted to recall that under Staline, to claim was a proof, but it's fortunately not! Do I think Gawd really told the rangers all this crap : yes, like you, probably, but wa cannot assert it... But don't believe I defend him, not at all! What he said here, twice, is not nice from him.

stone_monkey

Aug 13, 2003, 8:57 PM
Post #83 of 266 (17233 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Damn right there is censorship at rockclimbing.com
Yes posts get deleted and or moved.
So what........you people are starting to sound like a Monty Python skit........
You're fooling yourself. We're living in a dictatorship, A self-perpetuating autocracy in which the working classes ...blah blah blah
and when a post is deleted...
Ah! NOW ... we see the violence inherent in the system.
Come and see the violence inherent in the system. Help, help, I'm being repressed!
Did you see him repressing me, then? That's what I've been on about ...
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle.
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing. - Macbeth

pbjosh

Aug 13, 2003, 9:46 PM
Post #84 of 266 (17233 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

welcome to 8th grade, witness the drama and the zoo.

bandycoot

Aug 13, 2003, 10:03 PM
Post #85 of 266 (17233 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You all need to go climb... :lol:

slabmaster

Aug 13, 2003, 10:06 PM
Post #86 of 266 (17233 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

*yawn*

get a rope and
a) go climbing
b) hang yourself

passthepitonspete

Aug 13, 2003, 10:57 PM
Post #87 of 266 (17233 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Good heavens! I'm actually agreeing with rrretard....

Would everyone who made posts concerning how they feel about gawd's behaviour please copy and paste them here in Rich's 'Camp 5 no longer cool' thread?

Thanks. Let's keep this post for the alleged censorship issue.

It is an excellent idea that this issue be brought to the attention of supertopo. If anyone could do me a favour and post the link - send it to the aid forum, not to this link - I would appreciate it. Thanks.

OK, so it's been 24 hours.

Who did it, and why?

alpnclmbr1

Aug 13, 2003, 11:25 PM
Post #88 of 266 (17233 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Adam / management
What is the deal with Rich’s original thread being deleted. I read the thread and didn’t find anything out of line relative to the normal way threads go on here.

You said you could find out who did it. Which makes me think you would have out of normal curiosity, you also said you didn’t think it deserved to be deleted. Also you responded to the original post and implied it was not out of line yet.

Even if you can’t publicly identify the person who did it, some insight into their thought process would be helpful.

Partner tim

Aug 13, 2003, 11:33 PM
Post #89 of 266 (17233 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Adam / management
What is the deal with Rich’s original thread being deleted. I read the thread and didn’t find anything out of line relative to the normal way threads go on here.

You said you could find out who did it. Which makes me think you would have out of normal curiosity, you also said you didn’t think it deserved to be deleted. Also you responded to the original post and implied it was not out of line yet.

Even if you can’t publicly identify the person who did it, some insight into their thought process would be helpful.

The irritating problem is that, looking over the logs, there are two things that could have happened, and I'm not sure which one actually led to the thread being 'deleted'. (In fact posts themselves don't get deleted anymore; they get marked as 'suppress' in case they need to be resurrected for exactly this type of situation).

There are two people who appear to have been involved. One deleted a post within the thread, another modified the initial post. All of the involved posts are actually still in the database; I am trying to determine unequivocally what happened -- there is an extremely remote chance that someone deleted the record for the topic using the administrative interface to the database, which would not show up when I look at the logs for the regular site. So until I'm sure of who did what, I don't want to comment to anyone about anything, because the last thing we need is another mob scene and lynching.

Moreover, I want to get full auditing set up for the process so that this never happens again.

Partner rrrADAM

Aug 13, 2003, 11:45 PM
Post #90 of 266 (17233 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

As Tim just stated, we are looking into this... Sorry it is not as quickly as you would like, but then I also have bugged Tim about this all day, and he does have a day job... I to don't like to wait, but I have to wait just like the rest of us.

Whe it is determined exactly what happened, we will reply to this thread, with an explanation of what happened, and exactly what will be done to avoid it in the future.

alpnclmbr1

Aug 14, 2003, 12:01 AM
Post #91 of 266 (17233 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks Tim and Adam,
I can only imagine what managing this circus must be like.
Dan

xanx

Aug 14, 2003, 12:05 AM
Post #92 of 266 (17233 views)
Shortcut

** Censorship At Rc.com!! ** [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
xanx... With 422818 posts in total at the time of this reply are you suggesting that we go back and "retro moderate" in accordance with the TOS, which is fairly recent ???

We are doing our best to enforce the TOS from it's inception forward. This does not mean that a user's history is not taken into account, as 'gawd' has quite a history. However, we cannot take action if his posts do not violate the TOS. Users with this type of history put themselves under the microscope. It would be unfair to hold him, or any other, to a standard that was not in place until after the fact, don't you agree ??? The fact that I am standing up for him shows that we are fair, as I have personal "issues" with him, but everyone needs to be treated fairly. I have even warned a few of my friends that I climb with regularly, as I said, we need to be fair, and fair means all held to the same standard. This included the Mods and Admins.

FWI... The TOS was not created to give a reason to take action against a user, but as a guidleline so as not to appear subjective on the part of the Mods and/or Admins. We have tried to remove as much ambiguity as we could, but any "hair splitter" will always have issues with it. We have also stated that it is editable, and that we encoiurage users to reasonably discuss it. To date, there has been no threads to reasonable discuss it, just "hair splitting" and drama. When the TOS was first drafted, there was a thread in S+Q for user input, but little constructive input was made.

We will miss probably quite a bit, as the ratio of Mods to users grows each day. Is this selective, no... Like I said, users who choose to make a scene, put themselves under the microscope. Nobody is singled out, instead some single themselves out, Just as everyone doesn't get their lives scrutinized by a probation officer, unless they are on probation... Is that selective ???

However, if you bring to the Forum Mod's attention, what you to believe to be a violation of the TOS, or something that is "not right", it will be looked into. This is best done via PM, as a post "that asshole f*cking deserves to be banned", or calling the Mods and/or Admins "nazis" is not the best avenue. It seems the buzzwords of those who cannot eloquently and reasonably state their case are: Censorship, Conspiracey, Subjective, Abuse of Power, etc... in an effort to discredit.

If one can reasonablly and logically state their case, the words speak for themselves, and cannot be disputed. If you feel this way, then reasonably and logically state your case, without all the venom.

It can be done... Do you detect any venom in my post here ???

ok rrradam... i never suggested any sort of ex post facto action or anything like that. i also said i don't think there can be anything done to vastly improve the ToS - mods and such need that level of ambiguity to justify action where it should be taken. the downside is that under the ToS a mod or admin can justify taking just about any action in just about any case by "splitting hairs." The ToS is ambiguous. It needs to be. we just have to trust the mods/admins, hope they are fair and notify and explain any action they take, and deal with it. unfortunately i think any radical changes to the ToS would do more harm than good. i would just suggest some more checks on mods and admins, such as automatic notifications of moves/deletions and i think a good idea would be to have it so that you need 2 mods or admins or whatever in order to take more extreme action like deleting threads or banning users or giving a 1 day tarrpitt. other than that it is fine the way it is, or at least as good as it will get. on the censorship issue i agree with u for the most part. on other issues....

(edit) oh yeah and i forgott to ask... do i see that you tried to get around the language filter there rrradam? hehe jk....

Partner rrrADAM

Aug 14, 2003, 12:29 AM
Post #93 of 266 (17233 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
(take a look at gawd's post history.... someone please explain how even half of those aren't blatant abuses of the ToS?)

My bad... I took this to mean that you wanted us to take action against him based on his "post history" IAW the TOS.

It also states in the TOS that action is not taken by one person without discussion amongst the other Mods and/or Admins, unless immediate action is required. You can trust that with almost 50 Mods and Admins, that it will be fair. I have staffed the vast majority of the Mods and Admins, and I have made it a point to find a balance of users for this, as many do not always agree with me, and that is what is needed for it to be fair.

What is unfair is inflametory posts like this by some, directed at those who "volunteer" their time for the benifit of the site. We are all servants to the users, and do not deserve being called Nazis. We act fairly to the best of our ability, and if any of us make a mistake, there are some who roast us for it. Does this sound fair ???

I do appreciate you being reasonable in your last reply. We are willing to discuss ANYTHING reasonably with anyone.

We are all climbers here, every one of us. Even the Staff. :wink:

passthepitonspete

Aug 14, 2003, 12:46 AM
Post #94 of 266 (17233 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks very much, mods/admins, for looking into this. That is all I wanted in the first place.

In the meantime, if you have nothing better to do, here is the text of the deleted post, which was emailed to me by Chandra [aka gravitysucks].

I marvel at the providential timing of her backup.

Some have suggested that there are posts which merit deletion - posts which "cross the line". I agree with this in certain cases. However, I do not believe this to have been one of those cases.

Please read it, and tell me if you agree.

Posted: 12 Aug 2003 14:24 Post subject: Should Gawd be nailed to the pole at camp 5????

So I come down from one of the best climbs I have ever done,solo WF.LT. Looking forward to a shower and some hot food,I get to camp 5 bear boxes,and there are locks on my boxes.WTF? The Rangers(with the a tip from Gawd)had locked my boxes without even a warning.They said that I had a mix of food and climbing gear so the decided to lock them.Talk about a buzz kill... Even though one of the boxes had VERY little climbing gear in it,they still deemed it a violation.Two of the boxes I was using were in need(and still are)of repair.One of them had no clip to secure the box shut,that was the only one I had a lock on,the only way you could shut it is if you had a lock. The other bear box had a door that came completely off the bear box,so it was no good for food as a bear could get in it,so I used that one for gear only,no food. I pointed all this out to the rangers and they said that it did not matter,no one will be able to use these two boxes for any reason.It would be nice if they would fix these two boxes as they have been like that for over a year. So I was wondering what had went down that things had changed so much at camp 5?I have been hanging out there for 2 years off and on,rangers were friendly to us,knew what was going on.They would stop by at night and chat with us about climbing and what ever. Then today I find a post by Gawd claiming that he e mailed the rangers just to mess with Pete(PTPP). Maybe we should get Gawd a bright orange vest,a pen and paper, and a walkie talkie.He could report the plate number of cars that go over the speed limit.He could stand in front of the village store and make sure anyone entering has shoes and a shirt on. He could stand at the back of the shuttle buss to make sure that no tourons enter from the rear of the bus(Exit only). He could stand in front of the recycle bins to make sure that all trash goes into the proper container. What a guy he is,I was touched by his concern for the tourons and their use of bear boxes,his concern of the 2 week limit in the valley. WTF???Gawd,you went out of your way to get PTPP,and ended up messing with me.You sang a song to the rangers. Well,I hope to meet you somedaythen I will sing you my song. I might not be a very good climber,but i am 6.3 and 190 pounds and a hell of a lot meaner than you are Gawd. Maybe I will show you first hand what the inside of a bear box looks like if I ever meet you. Drive fast take chances.... R_________________You can take the climber out of the dirt,but you can't take the dirtbag out of the climber.

Posted: 12 Aug 2003 14:35 Post subject: Re: Should Gawd be nailed to the pole at camp 5????

Sounds like a pretty typical action from a guy who is a border line retard. I'm not even sure if gawd understands what he is doing. Beat his azz if you run into him. He deserves it.

Posted: 12 Aug 2003 14:39 Post subject: Re: Should Gawd be nailed to the pole at camp 5????

Don't you mean camp 4. That sucks man WTF is that guy thinking.

Posted: 12 Aug 2003 15:32 Post subject: Re: Should Gawd be nailed to the pole at camp 5????

Nope he means camp5, I know this poo would happen when he started posting about ratting people out. To bad he had to ruin it .... josh

Posted: 12 Aug 2003 15:51 Post subject: Re: Should Gawd be nailed to the pole at camp 5????

Please, try to keep this civil bruthas... This echoes the Front Page, and attacks directed at one user are not cool, even if the person deserves it. If this threads gets too out of hand, then it should be moved to Community or Archives, if not deleted._________________ rrrADAM "A closed mind cannot think freely." ~Bruce Lee

Posted: 12 Aug 2003 15:59 Post subject: Re: Should Gawd be nailed to the pole at camp 5????

so did ya learn to follow the rules smart guy? then i guess it is "all good"

Posted: 12 Aug 2003 16:09 Post subject: Re: Should Gawd be nailed to the pole at camp 5????

That is pretty $hitty._________________Failure is the corner-stone of success. Is this a troll or a shoe thread?

Posted: 12 Aug 2003 16:19 Post subject: Re: Should Gawd be nailed to the pole at camp 5????

rrradam wrote:
Please, try to keep this civil bruthas... This echoes the Front Page, and attacks directed at one user are not cool, even if the person deserves it. If this threads gets too out of hand, then it should be moved to Community or Archives, if not deleted.
as long as it is not directed at you it stays on the board, huh... rich...i didnt think you were so gullible and the rest of you morons...believing everything you read on the internet...tisk, tisk, tisk LOL_________________

Posted: 12 Aug 2003 16:31 Post subject: Re: Should Gawd be nailed to the pole at camp 5????

Annie, this isn't a troll. In case you're wondering where this happened, you can click here to read where Gawd ratted out the climbers. Two posts beneath Gawd confirms that he did it. I would ask that you please check out this link. On June 21st, 2003 I wandered over to Camp 5, only to find all of the padlocks cut off - every damn one of them! - and replaced with NPS padlocks and bright orange notices that the rangers had confiscated all the gear. The community is incensed! It amazes and angers me that anyone would turn against his fellow climber in such a way as Gawd has done! This is counter-productive, and only ends up hurting the climbing community as a whole. There is at least one other RC.com member who told me he had his stuff confiscated by the rangers at Camp 5 [I think it was Ammon, but don't hold me to it]. Gawd's attempt to "get me" completely backfired, incidentally - I wasn't even there! [Dr. Piton is nothing if not wily...] Gawd is a fool - one would have to look long and hard to find a better example of "shooting oneself in the foot," though you might find one in Dr. Piton's quotes of the day. [HINT] Gawd's unrepentant response above confirms he is also an As*hole of the First Degree. [AFD] Mostly, however, Gawd is a coward - just another nameless, faceless and dickless detractor without enough balls to publish his true identity. Hey Gawd - why don't you publish your real name and photo [like most of us here do] so we can all "thank you" the next time we see you? Coward. Note to moderators: Please do not move this post out of the Aid Climbing Forum. This is an issue which affects all Yosemite climbers, and the Aid Forum is the central "meeting place". Someone around here needs to show some balls. Thanks._________________"There is only one thing worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about." Oscar Wilde

Posted: 12 Aug 2003 16:41 Post subject: Re: Should Gawd be nailed to the pole at camp 5????

So, is one not allowed to lock food in a bear box? Or, is it just that you are not allowed to store anything but food in the box...according to the tool? I had about 100$ worth of food/beer/smokes stolen out of a Manure pile box in July. Next time I am going straped with a lock. Ratting on your fellow climbers for anything but littering or route degredation is total BS._________________"I like to ease into my epics..." Mike from So Cal.

Posted: 12 Aug 2003 16:44 Post subject: Re: Should Gawd be nailed to the pole at camp 5????

climbinganne wrote:
and the rest of you morons...believing everything you read on the internet...tisk, tisk, tisk
Point is, Gawd is the one who said he was going to do it and then posted twice to confirm he did, in fact, speak with the rangers about this issue. So we shouldn't believe Gawd? Interesting dilemma. Ed_________________Is this a troll?

passthepitonspete

Aug 14, 2003, 12:47 AM
Post #95 of 266 (17233 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Continued:

Posted: 12 Aug 2003 16:31 Post subject: Re: Should Gawd be nailed to the pole at camp 5????

Annie, this isn't a troll. In case you're wondering where this happened, you can click here to read where Gawd ratted out the climbers. Two posts beneath Gawd confirms that he did it. I would ask that you please check out this link. On June 21st, 2003 I wandered over to Camp 5, only to find all of the padlocks cut off - every damn one of them! - and replaced with NPS padlocks and bright orange notices that the rangers had confiscated all the gear. The community is incensed! It amazes and angers me that anyone would turn against his fellow climber in such a way as Gawd has done! This is counter-productive, and only ends up hurting the climbing community as a whole. There is at least one other RC.com member who told me he had his stuff confiscated by the rangers at Camp 5 [I think it was Ammon, but don't hold me to it]. Gawd's attempt to "get me" completely backfired, incidentally - I wasn't even there! [Dr. Piton is nothing if not wily...] Gawd is a fool - one would have to look long and hard to find a better example of "shooting oneself in the foot," though you might find one in Dr. Piton's quotes of the day. [HINT] Gawd's unrepentant response above confirms he is also an As*hole of the First Degree. [AFD] Mostly, however, Gawd is a coward - just another nameless, faceless and dickless detractor without enough balls to publish his true identity. Hey Gawd - why don't you publish your real name and photo [like most of us here do] so we can all "thank you" the next time we see you? Coward. Note to moderators: Please do not move this post out of the Aid Climbing Forum. This is an issue which affects all Yosemite climbers, and the Aid Forum is the central "meeting place". Someone around here needs to show some balls. Thanks._________________"There is only one thing worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about." Oscar Wilde

Posted: 12 Aug 2003 16:41 Post subject: Re: Should Gawd be nailed to the pole at camp 5????

So, is one not allowed to lock food in a bear box? Or, is it just that you are not allowed to store anything but food in the box...according to the tool? I had about 100$ worth of food/beer/smokes stolen out of a Manure pile box in July. Next time I am going straped with a lock. Ratting on your fellow climbers for anything but littering or route degredation is total BS._________________"I like to ease into my epics..." Mike from So Cal.

Posted: 12 Aug 2003 16:44 Post subject: Re: Should Gawd be nailed to the pole at camp 5????

climbinganne wrote:
and the rest of you morons...believing everything you read on the internet...tisk, tisk, tisk
Point is, Gawd is the one who said he was going to do it and then posted twice to confirm he did, in fact, speak with the rangers about this issue. So we shouldn't believe Gawd? Interesting dilemma. Ed_________________Is this a troll?

Again, folks, I am not publishing this to ask you to discuss gawd's behaviour. If you would like to do that, the thread is running rather heatedly in the Aid Climbing Forum.

In the meantime, let's wait and see what the powers-that-be have uncovered. It sounds like they're on the scent - one wonders if they'll tell us who and why?

I would prefer the perpetrator 'fess up, rather than be ratted out.

Partner rrrADAM

Aug 14, 2003, 12:50 AM
Post #96 of 266 (17233 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Pete... Why did you post this here instead of in the "Camp 5 not cool anymore" thread, as you even agreed posts regarding that should be ???

Please C+P it there, as you asked others to do here.

And we will not offer the person up in public to be roasted, we will deal with it privately, but we will post the details of what happened. Just as we have dealt with you privately for the most part over the last 2 years.

iamthewallress

Aug 14, 2003, 1:03 AM
Post #97 of 266 (17233 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The original thread was deleted as I was replying to it. My hunch on why it was deleted, not that I'm condoning it, was that there were specific threats of violence towards "gawd". Since "gawd" posts anonymously, I didn't think the treats were such a big deal. The bit that Pete posted for Chandra is only the first part of the thread.

I want to see where Pete takes some responsibility for the rangers cracking down on the boxes. He's the fool that was blabbing about them all over this forum and then holding court there while in the Valley. You know that the rangers were alerted to your presence by another member of this site Pete, and it wasn't about no stinkin' bear boxes. The rangers keep an eye on the high-profile wackos, as it should be. I wish that they would have left everyone's stuff alone in the bear boxes though.

passthepitonspete

Aug 14, 2003, 1:04 AM
Post #98 of 266 (17233 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
"Pete... Why did you post this here instead of in the "Camp 5 not cool anymore" thread, as you even agreed posts regarding that should be ???

Why?

Uh, dude......

Hello? Hel- low - hoe?

Did you even READ the crystal-clear instructions I wrote on either side of the post copied above?

Please engage brain before putting mouth in gear.

passthepitonspete

Aug 14, 2003, 1:08 AM
Post #99 of 266 (17233 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You're right, Melissa - I am not without culpability in this fiasco, which in hindsight seems like a colossal error. I will quote you and respond in the other forum, where the response belongs. [HINT]

Partner rrrADAM

Aug 14, 2003, 1:16 AM
Post #100 of 266 (17232 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Pete... It's already been agreed upon by Mods, Admins, and Users alike that this probably should not have been deleted.

It is a thinly veiled excuse to repost here, what should be posted in the other thread dude. Take your own "[hint]" above.

I understand though... Your suggestions to others, do not apply to you. Like the ones where you ask "emphatically" that non Aid type stuff not be posted in the Aid Forum, yet your *Index* is full of more fluff than the Community Forum and your profile combined.

Wait... I think I finally "get it"... You're a joke, right ??? :lol:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook