Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Next page Last page  View All

bigevilgrape

Aug 14, 2003, 1:26 AM
Post #101 of 266 (16795 views)
Shortcut

Re: ** Censorship At Rc.com!! ** [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

dude pete shut up. just shut up.

ronamick

Aug 14, 2003, 1:40 AM
Post #102 of 266 (16795 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
wah wah wah. is there so little in your life that you declare jihad over a missing post? too bad i resigned as a moderator or i would go delete your index post to really fire you up.

you are a real a-hole, my friend. Why don't you go torture a bug or something? Inbred little freak.

passthepitonspete

Aug 14, 2003, 1:46 AM
Post #103 of 266 (16795 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I acted on Melissa's suggestion above, and you can click here to read where I admit my culpability, and apologize.

You can click here to read where I have amended the information on how to find me in Yosemite.

Cheers,

Pete

flyinghatchet

Aug 14, 2003, 1:54 AM
Post #104 of 266 (16795 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
wah wah wah. is there so little in your life that you declare jihad over a missing post? too bad i resigned as a moderator or i would go delete your index post to really fire you up.

you are a real a-hole, my friend. Why don't you go torture a bug or something? Inbred little freak.

Andy was a great mod. Go make fun of bvb.

tenn_dawg

Aug 14, 2003, 1:56 AM
Post #105 of 266 (16795 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Agreed. I've got nothing but respect for him.

Travis

ronamick

Aug 14, 2003, 2:19 AM
Post #106 of 266 (16795 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I complained about this reprehensible practice after my post regarding beer and bouldering disappeared after one day. I assume it was due to my glowing praise of beer as an invaluable training aid, performance enhancing tonic, and the key to personal glory and public acclaim.

Anybody smart enough to turn on their computer knows that this site is a forum for OPINIONS, and that every single word is subjective, unsubstantiated and should be viewed with a high degree of skepticism.

For some weenis editor to remove my post, ostensibly because it seems to promote drinking and climbing, is a clear sign that the cloistered little gym climbers who "moderate" this deal have begun taking themselves far too seriously. If it gets any worse, the real climbers are going to start jumping ship and leave this leaky schooner to the indoorsmen.

Let me bring the management back to Earth a little bit. This site is fantasy.
There is no credibility here. Nobody even uses their real name (what's up with that, anyway?) for chrissake! Accountability, disclosure of sources of information, verifiable authorship and proper attribution of quotes are the cornerstones of journalism, and NONE of that is here. NONE of it. This is not journalism. Quit trying to be responsible journalists, like little kids playing cop with plastic guns.
If people take it seriously, that's their problem. Cartoons are serious journalism. RC.com is not.

Who knows if any of these dorks have ever even climbed before. Could be a bunch of fat, middle aged women somewhere in the midwest writing these posts for all I know. Nobody is climbing. RC.com isn't even a THING.

The idea that any of this make-believe has any consequence is ludicrous. The notion of editing a fairy-tale on grounds that it could endanger or offend persons unknown is .... what's the right term .... delusional? Absurd? Unrealistic to the point of massive, monumental stupidity?

The boneheads who run this thing need to go out side and breathe some fresh air and get some dirt on their hands. They've been at the computer for so long that they're beginning to take this thing seriously!

timstich

Aug 14, 2003, 2:27 AM
Post #107 of 266 (16795 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
There is no credibility here. Nobody even uses their real name (what's up with that, anyway?) for chrissake!

Damn right. You anonymous wusses. :D

justsendingits

Aug 14, 2003, 2:30 AM
Post #108 of 266 (16795 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Does anybody have a good yummy recepie for cookies???

ronamick

Aug 14, 2003, 2:32 AM
Post #109 of 266 (16795 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

Andy was a great mod. Go make fun of bvb.

I don't know Andy. If you say he is a great guy, he probably is. I can only go by the inflammatory, dismissive tone of his post and admitted willingness to abuse his petty authority out of personal rancor and spite. Great guy maybe, great judgement, NOT. Why throw gasoline on the fire when real grievances are at issue?

I'm not picking on Andy. I'm indicting Andy's statement as inappropriate, callous and unnecessary, and I stand by that.

iamthewallress

Aug 14, 2003, 2:34 AM
Post #110 of 266 (16795 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I don't know Andy. If you say he is a great guy, he probably is. I can only go by the inflammatory, dismissive tone of his post and admitted willingness to abuse his petty authority out of personal rancor and spite. Great guy maybe, great judgement, NOT. Why throw gasoline on the fire when real grievances are at issue?

I'm not picking on Andy. I'm indicting Andy's statement as inappropriate, callous and unnecessary, and I stand by that.

The thing is that Andy could have used his mod powers against Pete or many of us in Aid many, many times and he did not. It must have just been a nice catharsis for him now that he no longer is mod to talk about how it *would* be fun to delete Pete's stuff *if* he were mod. In reality he did nothing of the sort.

dave1970

Aug 14, 2003, 2:49 AM
Post #111 of 266 (16795 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Guys,

It sounds like the authorities are looking into this. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt for a little while and see what they come up with.

Partner tim

Aug 14, 2003, 2:50 AM
Post #112 of 266 (16795 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
There is no credibility here. Nobody even uses their real name (what's up with that, anyway?) for chrissake! Accountability, disclosure of sources of information, verifiable authorship and proper attribution of quotes are the cornerstones of journalism, and NONE of that is here. NONE of it. This is not journalism. Quit trying to be responsible journalists, like little kids playing cop with plastic guns.
If people take it seriously, that's their problem. Cartoons are serious journalism. RC.com is not.

Agreed on all points... however, most of the people who run the site

1) don't have time to use it very much anymore
2) climb at any opportunity, and/or
3) are 'retired' so they can raise their kid and finish an MBA

among others. All 4 of the primary stakeholders use either our real names or real-live-nick-names as usernames, and all of us have our personal information free for the taking in our profiles. We're regular people who go climbing on the weekends. It also happens that we see some opportunity for a community-oriented website on this address.

At least a handful (maybe 200-300 that I've come into contact with over time) of the users are also normal people who like to climb. I originally got involved with the site because I was having trouble finding trad partners in DC. That seems like a long, long time ago. I certainly don't have trouble finding people to climb with on the weekends anymore. Hell, I'm going up to the Needles for the 3rd trip this season, and I don't even live in California. It's pretty cool when things work out like that.

The censorship flamewars and in-jokes and other crap just get in the way of what the site can provide if you look for it -- a community of peers where sometimes you'll just 'click' with someone who you wouldn't have met otherwise. That's all that motivates some of us to work on it. Control, freedom, belonging, stature -- all these are illusions. Being able to get out and climb where you want, with who you want, anytime you want -- that's not. That's what I value in the site; everything else is noise.

dave1970

Aug 14, 2003, 3:00 AM
Post #113 of 266 (16795 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Who are the four primary stakeholders?

Partner russman

Aug 14, 2003, 3:09 AM
Post #114 of 266 (16795 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

WoW, My first reply to all of this.

Dave--The 4 primary stakeholders are

1. Trevor--same user name--Site Owner
2. Russman--same user name--Marketing/Advertising MGR
3. Adam--rrradam--VP in charge of Day-to-Day site operations
4. Tim--same user name--VP in charge of site Coding/programing

I just happened to read this and see it needed a reply. Off to talk to more Advertisers Now 8)

dave1970

Aug 14, 2003, 3:13 AM
Post #115 of 266 (16795 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thank you Russ

dave1970

Aug 14, 2003, 4:02 AM
Post #116 of 266 (16795 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Russ,

What is the name of your LLC?

passthepitonspete

Aug 14, 2003, 4:26 AM
Post #117 of 266 (16795 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ron's comments are like a breath of fresh air.

Without identity, you have no credibility - the two are inextricably linked. Any coward can make up a fake user name and post anonymous flames.

Have the courage to be real! Have the balls to wear your heart on your sleeve and say,

"This is me. These are my accomplishments in the mountains and on the crags. Here is my opinion. Love me or hate me as you will, but at least you know who I am."

"Plain vanilla" I ain't.

atg200

Aug 14, 2003, 4:54 AM
Post #118 of 266 (16795 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey ron - call me out all you like. you can even say i have a little dick and i don't really care! i never once moderated out of spite, and i've thoroughly enjoyed some of your posts. now that i am thank god retired as a jackbooted thug, i am enjoying myself by calling bs on self important sexist, bigoted, inaccurate, embarrassing, unbelievably sexist, misogynist, unbelievably self-important, immature bastards like pete. much as i would have loved to do nasty things to him and other idiots that posted to the forums i looked after, i never did. now i can go back to being like you, and talk shit without any responsibility or accountability. its like being on vacation!

passthepitonspete

Aug 14, 2003, 5:07 AM
Post #119 of 266 (16795 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
"RC.com will be a much better place without YOU as moderator, Andrew Gran. Good frickin' riddance of YOU.

Andrew's response above supports my feelings. It is precisely this type of unprofessional behaviour in moderators - be they former or active - that RC.com needs to eliminate.

iamthewallress

Aug 14, 2003, 5:19 AM
Post #120 of 266 (16795 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
"RC.com will be a much better place without YOU as moderator, Andrew Gran. Good frickin' riddance of YOU.

Andrew's response above supports my feelings. It is precisely this type of unprofessional behaviour in moderators - be they former or active - that RC.com needs to eliminate.

Are you suggestioning that because andrew WAS a moderatory that he should be CENSORED :shock: ? Let it all out Andrew, you're one of us now. :wink:

alpnclmbr1

Aug 14, 2003, 5:20 AM
Post #121 of 266 (16795 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
...i am enjoying myself by calling bs on self important sexist, bigoted, inaccurate, embarrassing, unbelievably sexist, misogynist, unbelievably self-important, immature bastards like pete....

chuckle

I would much prefer the mod's to be people first and automatons second.

passthepitonspete

Aug 14, 2003, 6:00 AM
Post #122 of 266 (16795 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ditto on the chuckle. It really is funny....

I'm in the midst of extending the olive branch to Andrew, so with any luck we can mend our differences.

metoliusmunchkin

Aug 14, 2003, 6:13 AM
Post #123 of 266 (16795 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

At the current point in time, I am hard pressed to determine the meaning of this thread. However, I now understand why the original topic has weaned into the reply of individual posts, having nothing to do with the intended theme of the thread.

Ah, how I love the common flame war...

justsendingits

Aug 14, 2003, 6:24 AM
Post #124 of 266 (16795 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Does anybody know where I can get some synthetic blinker fluid for my 1975 Ford Pinto??The guy's from "Car Talk" referred me to this thread.Also a used "Flux Magnifier" might come in handy on the road,just in case.

Drive fast take chances.....

R

sixter

Aug 14, 2003, 6:32 AM
Post #125 of 266 (16803 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Does anybody know where I can get some synthetic blinker fluid for my 1975 Ford Pinto??Also a used "Flux Magnifier" might come in handy on the road,just in case.

Drive fast take chances.....

R

No no no. You must use natural blinker fluid, the synthetic blinker fluid won't work with the natural rubber seals found in a 1975 Pinto. If you upgrade the seals to neoprene, then the synthetic should work fine. I have several bottles of natural blinker fluid up for sale on eBay.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook