RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

ukkonen

Jul 27, 2009, 7:36 AM
Post #1 of 8 (2276 views)
Shortcut

You arn't going to tell me why?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Is it customary to remove someone's thread to the recycle bin without even telling them why?

I posted something asking for friends to play PlanetSide with in the Campfire section (isn't that the kind of things it is for? or only naked women threads?) then I come back and it is gone. I find it in my history under recycle bin and I can't even view it to see what the one person who responded said.

I wasn't adverting for the game anymore then someone talking about beer is adverting for bud light. I was simply telling people how to get on a free game that I enjoy and asking them if they would like to join me while playing it.

If you have a problem with my posts fine... then talk to me about it and let me know what I did wrong. At least I think that is a fair standard in most corners of society.

blondgecko

Jul 27, 2009, 9:00 AM
Post #2 of 8 (2267 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ukkonen] You arn't going to tell me why? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

C'mon - a user with a grand total of one post to their name posts to the forum trying to hook people into an online multiplayer RPG that has nothing whatsoever to do with rockclimbing? Yeah, I would have called SPAM too. Do you have any idea how many of those we have to deal with in any given week?

Get some meaningful posts under your belt, develop a presence here, prove to us all that you're a real person, and then you might just get away with posts like that.

ukkonen

Jul 27, 2009, 2:58 PM
Post #3 of 8 (2253 views)
Shortcut

Re: [blondgecko] You arn't going to tell me why? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I guess I can see how the mistake was made.

I thought the campground was for non-climbing discussions "This is the place for non-climbing related discussions." I thought that was what that section was for, to give climbers a chance to connect on things other then climbing. So that is where I posted it.

I don't have a high post count because I mostly just read and listen. I have been on here for months before I even registered. I am fairly new to climbing. I don't know enough about climbing to consider myself one to give an opinion on most climbing subjects so instead of adding uninformed opinions I just listen to what others have to say.

What qualifies as meaningful posts? Also is there a better way I could invite people to share a game I enjoy that wouldn't sound like spam to you? I am open to learning, but I have to be told before I can learn. I thought I was posting in the right place with a legitimate topic. It is true some people pay for that game, but I was telling people how to NOT have to pay for it. I have been playing it for a year and haven't payed at all.

Is it because it is a computer game that it got marked as spam? If I posted to let people know of the free disc golf tournaments I attend would that be spam too?

Partner rrrADAM

Jul 27, 2009, 4:02 PM
Post #4 of 8 (2246 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

What's your PDGA number?

ukkonen

Jul 27, 2009, 4:34 PM
Post #5 of 8 (2244 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rrrADAM] You arn't going to tell me why? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't have a PDGA number. I just play for free sometimes, and some of the guys put together a little game. It was just an example.

I think computer games are seen as evil which seems odd to me.

I bet if I had posted about a hiking club, or a swimming comp, or football, or poker, or beer, or a strip club, or motorbikes, or photography, or computer graphics, or any number of things asking if people would like to join me in something that I may enjoy then there wouldn't have been a problem. But somehow computer games crosses someone's line because they were addicted or something. You know people get addicted to social sites too?

anyway the point of this thread is that I would at least like a reasonable response and a chance to learn from any mistakes I make before being relegated to the recycle bin. I could see the problem if I had been trying to sell something but I wasn't.

Partner rrrADAM

Jul 27, 2009, 6:54 PM
Post #6 of 8 (2236 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

ukkonen wrote:
I don't have a PDGA number. I just play for free sometimes, and some of the guys put together a little game. It was just an example.
I've played disc golf for decades "for free", and never have had to pay to play, anywhere. Only cost being buying the discs, and an entry fee if I were playing a tournament, as there was prize money involved, and the purses primarily came from the entry fees.

Not a great example.

In reply to:
anyway the point of this thread is that I would at least like a reasonable response and a chance to learn from any mistakes I make before being relegated to the recycle bin. I could see the problem if I had been trying to sell something but I wasn't.
He pretty much answered you... Try fleshing out your profile, as in at least listing your name, and a short blurb - Join our community before asking us to join you elsewhere.

Make sense?

(This post was edited by rrrADAM on Jul 27, 2009, 6:57 PM)

ukkonen

Jul 27, 2009, 6:59 PM
Post #7 of 8 (2231 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rrrADAM] You arn't going to tell me why? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Actually it was a good example because the activity I was originally talking about (playing PlanetSide) is free unless you want to pay for extra tidbits.

Just because I personally don't play PDGA tournaments doesn't invalidate the example.

Partner philbox

Jul 29, 2009, 10:01 AM
Post #8 of 8 (2201 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ukkonen wrote:
I guess I can see how the mistake was made.

You are assuming that the move to the recycle bin was a mistake. It was not, as was pointed out the move was intentional. Not by me though but I support the action.

You were correct however to drop by this forum and ask the question. Thanks for sticking around.

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook