RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

the_deuce

Apr 27, 2005, 6:51 PM
Post #1 of 4 (809 views)
Shortcut

Shoes and bunyons
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

My wife has a bunyon on the inside of her right foot so it makes getting climbing shoes tough because of them being painful. Does anybody have any suggestions for shoes that she could try that have a slightly bigger toe box area?

iamthewallress

Apr 27, 2005, 7:04 PM
Post #2 of 4 (809 views)
Shortcut

Re: Shoes and bunyons [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
My wife has a bunyon on the inside of her right foot so it makes getting climbing shoes tough because of them being painful. Does anybody have any suggestions for shoes that she could try that have a slightly bigger toe box area?

I have wicked bunions and have found that sizing my shoes not-to-tight and getting ones that have some support, but aren't too stiff helps manage the pressure on that spot. Still they hurt like crazy after a long day, and I suspect that no matter what shoes I get this will be the case.

I use a resoler who can build up the sole a bit where I wear it out at the bunion. (Barry's Resole is the best!)

The shoes that I use are Lady Mythos and, for the gym and thin cracks, Moccassyms. I've had good luck with the Mad Rock Phoenix and very bad luck with the Boreal Ace. I'm not sure if this translates from person to person though.

comet

Apr 27, 2005, 7:15 PM
Post #3 of 4 (809 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
The shoes that I use are Lady Mythos and, for the gym and thin cracks, Moccassyms. I've had good luck with the Mad Rock Phoenix and very bad luck with the Boreal Ace. I'm not sure if this translates from person to person though.

i, too, have some ugly bunions (too much time spent in cleats!) and have found the lady mythos to be quite comfy. i have a pretty narrow foot otherwise, and the lacing system and narrow/low heel cup allows me to get a really good fit.

Partner bear829

Apr 28, 2005, 8:23 AM
Post #4 of 4 (809 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The thing that we used when I skated could help with that without having to get the shoes resoled. They are called Bunga Pads. They are a gel pad that come in lots of different variations. They have a website. bungapads.com. They last virtually forever. I still have mine and I wore mine nearly everyday for six years and they still are in pretty good shape. Hope it helps!

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook