Forums: Climbing Information: Injury Treatment and Prevention:
Workouts for the man who cannot use his leg- help!
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

binton

Jun 1, 2005, 5:54 PM
Post #1 of 3 (931 views)
Shortcut

Workouts for the man who cannot use his leg- help!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I recently broke my tibia and fibula in a motorcyle accident. Finally, after two surgeries I am feeling better and, consequently, looking for ways to improve my climbing without actually climbing. I was just wondering if anyone had suggestions for some upper body workouts that will improve my climbing when the time comes for me to go back on the rock. I am not very mobile so certain things: pushups, pullups,etc.. are out of the question without a spotter.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Dan

im2lost4time

Jun 2, 2005, 7:21 PM
Post #2 of 3 (931 views)
Shortcut

Re: Workouts for the man who cannot use his leg- help! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

just hyper-extended my knee a week ago and have been having much of your same problem. its been one legged climbing for me, getting belayed and just tryin to muscle my way to the top;) if your in a cast, you may just have to get a set of weights and do various lifts with them until you can get around better. a friend told be that using the bench of a picnic table, you can rest your head and shoulders on the end holding onto the bench by your ears... lift your body up using your abs and upper back muscles. hopefully you can picture this, but you still may have to wait a while. hope you are up and around asap:D

im2lost4time

Jun 2, 2005, 7:22 PM
Post #3 of 3 (931 views)
Shortcut

Re: Workouts for the man who cannot use his leg- help! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

just hyper-extended my knee a week ago and have been having much of your same problem. its been one legged climbing for me, getting belayed and just tryin to muscle my way to the top;) if your in a cast, you may just have to get a set of weights and do various lifts with them until you can get around better. a friend told be that using the bench of a picnic table, you can rest your head and shoulders on the end holding onto the bench by your ears... lift your body up using your abs and upper back muscles. hopefully you can picture this, but you still may have to wait a while. hope you are up and around asap:D

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook