RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Climbing Photography

Premier Sponsor:

fabe

Jun 6, 2005, 2:07 PM
Post #1 of 2 (991 views)
Shortcut

rating pictures
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

hi everyone

I posted a few pics some weeks ago but until now nobody has voted on them. All the other pics I posted have been voted after a few days. is that normal?

http://www.rockclimbing.com/...hp?Photographer=fabe

saltamonte

Jun 6, 2005, 3:28 PM
Post #2 of 2 (991 views)
Shortcut

Re: rating pictures [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In my limited experience it varies based on several factors,

First, how interesting is your title? face it even if you picture is good you can't always tell by the thumbnail so a good title gets you the attention that gets you more votes be they good or bad.

second of course is your actual picture if it is good more views and more votes. this would include subject matter. if the photo features a slightly chunky middleaged balding man showing off his new climbing shoes while sitting on his couch well you wont get many views or votes (and those you do will be poor) but if the subject is better looking, especially if she is a female this will always help the number of voters willing to look and vote.

third is when and where your pic gets approved. if you happen to be on the first page far up on the "New Pics" page you will get a whole lot more votes than if you get approved along with 150 other photos and are somewhere on the 3rd page with the exact same picture and title

fourth where is it? there are certain areas that generate interest and votes. and then there are local crags that may only have one climber who goes there who frequents rc.com and that is you. so people are less interested in viewing and therefore voting

so if you have a dull title a dull picture of an unattractive subject that appears on the 4th page of new pics from a boring area. then just hope that the random photo voter will pic you. :D

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Climbing Photography

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook