RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

lil_rockgirl

Oct 5, 2005, 10:51 PM
Post #1 of 2 (448 views)
Shortcut

Trauma to the Tendon???
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey girls,

Listen, I have a health related question here. About a month ago I hurt my foot. The injury is directly along the top of my big toe, across the joint and continues about to about half way up my instep. The exact cause is still up in the air. Basically, I couldn’t walk on it for a good 3 days. After that, I had to limp for a while. I finally went to the Doc and had it X-rayed. The results were, “no broken bones, no hair-line fractures.” I was told to just chill out and to not do anything that would aggravate it. The Doc said that I’d caused “trauma to the tendon”.

After about a week or so, the swelling went down and it “looked” normal, but I still wasn’t able to stand up on the ball of my foot. A month latter and I still haven’t done ANY climbing, mountain biking, hiking…nothing! Besides going out of my FREAK’EN mind, I’m also putting on weight just sitting around the house. I’m small framed to begin with, but I prefer to be fit, you know?

Anyway, I was testing the waters yesterday and managed to stand tippy-toe. There’s some achyness and I wouldn’t say I’m ready to climb yet, but… HOW LONG DOES THIS TAKE!???

Has anyone ever done this to there foot before?

iamthewallress

Oct 5, 2005, 10:57 PM
Post #2 of 2 (448 views)
Shortcut

Re: Trauma to the Tendon??? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I've hurt my finger tendons and had it take a good two months to heal. Total rest was basically what it took.

My bf has a bone spur and arthritis between his toes and the balls of his feet. The type of climbing that he does affects how much it's agravated with slab climbing being the worst. When he was learning to deal with this issue he did several things including changing his shoes to larger, very stiff shoes (aces with a bonus stiffener insert) and learning how to use his heal and outer edge more effectively. Granted, he had a different injury, but taking some of the strain off of your injured tendons might help you similarly.

Good luck.

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook