Forums: Archive: Used Gear / Great Deals:
Tradrack.com Problems - Anyone Else Had them?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Used Gear / Great Deals

Premier Sponsor:

naitch

Jan 19, 2006, 3:56 PM
Post #1 of 20 (3157 views)
Shortcut

Tradrack.com Problems - Anyone Else Had them?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Has anyone else order equipment from tradrack.com and had problems?

I responded to an announcement on rockclimbing.com about a sale on cams in Dec. (Trango Max cams and others). I ordered a #2 on Dec. 7. On Dec 16 after inquiring about it, Ben (renohandjams) said that it'd be in the mail soon. Now, over a month and several e-mails later there is no word from him and no cam. I paid PayPal for it back on the 7th of Dec.

It’s a bit disconcerting to have this kind of experience with a member of rockclimbing.com. I’m wondering if any of you have had that experience. It was suppose to have been a Xmas gift for my son. I’ve told my son that it’s still coming but without any phone number on the site and no answers to my last e-mails I’ve lost faith in dealing with them.

timm

Jan 19, 2006, 4:08 PM
Post #2 of 20 (3157 views)
Shortcut

Re: Tradrack.com Problems - Anyone Else Had them? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have ordered from them about a month and half ago when they had the alien sale. They had been very fast in responding to emails and shipping. I had a black alien on backorder and just received it two weeks ago (non dimpled).

When they had the alien sale they were doing so because they apparently having a short-term cash crunch meeting accounts due. That doesn't instill alot of confidence, IMHO.

I had tried to order some of the new DMM biners a few weeks ago and encountered a problem with their webiste. I emailed Ben and told him of the problem and said that I would order the biners when the site problems were fixed and I never heard from him.

So, I don't know what is going on recently.

lubby

Jan 19, 2006, 4:25 PM
Post #3 of 20 (3157 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I too ordered from the alien sale. I ordered the smaller ones like everyone else, and after not hearing for a week I emailed Ben. He immediatly replied that more people ordered these than he thought and they were on backorder. He offered to let me cancel or keep them. Of course I kept them. He also offered to let me get more at that price - for my inconvenience. I asked for more of the small ones :) I got the original ones but not the second batch. I send him an email after a couple weeks and didnt here back. I send another one last night. If I dont hear back today I will try to call him.

I am still happy with tradrack, and thus far I will continue to order. Ben did the rockclimbing.com community a huge favor by offering these items (of course we did him a favor in buying them). With all the huplah about aliens I am happy to be patient with him, esp considering the deal I am getting. If it works out, great. If not at least I got 3 aliens at a steal.

Jeremy

naitch

Jan 19, 2006, 4:37 PM
Post #4 of 20 (3157 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

do you have a number for him or his company. I tried to find one on the site and didn't see any...

dingus

Jan 19, 2006, 4:40 PM
Post #5 of 20 (3157 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I suspect your chances of getting a 2nd batch of aliens right now are, um, zero.

DMT

lubby

Jan 19, 2006, 5:00 PM
Post #6 of 20 (3157 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Nah. I just got an email from Ben. He applogized for the crappy service. He said he is expecting cams from Alien any day (he is calling Dave at CCH today) and will send them when they get it. Eventually this will all work out and I am patient (i.e. its raining). He had to return many of his cams for the recall and has been busy dealing with that.

So I am still happy to order from tradrack. My understanding is they have been very good to the RC.com community. I am happy to use aliens to suppliment my other Cams (but I will be static line jumping off every one before I do). I dont see myself owning 30+ like other people, but a handfull will often be on my rack.

Jeremy

lubby

Jan 19, 2006, 5:04 PM
Post #7 of 20 (3157 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Nah. I just got an email from Ben. He applogized for the crappy service. He said he is expecting cams from Alien any day (he is calling Dave at CCH today) and will send them when they get it. Eventually this will all work out and I am patient (i.e. its raining). He had to return many of his cams for the recall and has been busy dealing with that.

So I am still happy to order from tradrack. My understanding is they have been very good to the RC.com community. I am happy to use aliens to suppliment my other Cams (but I will be static line jumping off every one before I do). I dont see myself owning 30+ like other people, but a handfull will often be on my rack.

Jeremy

chanceboarder

Jan 19, 2006, 5:30 PM
Post #8 of 20 (3157 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I ordered a yellow/green hybrid from them early in October of last year. Their site said that the hybrids and gold aliens were on backorder and would be in stock in 1 to 2 weeks, and to place your order then to get first crack at them when they came in, so I placed an order. 2 weeks went by and I had already completely forgotten about it so never thought to ask what was the hold up. I still hadn't gotten one by late December when I was in Nomads in Jtree when they got a new shipment in, so I picked myself up a yellow/green hybrid not remembering that I had already ordered one (I guess that's my fault for forgetting). Then during the first week of January I got a little white box from Tradrack with my yellow/green hybrid that I had completely forgotten about. So the very first time I ordered from them it took 3 months to get my order. I think I'll be sticking to Mgear and my local shops from now on.

thetroutscout

Jan 20, 2006, 3:29 AM
Post #9 of 20 (3157 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've ordered from them before. On many things they've had the best prices by a long shot. On one order there was a glitch in my order process which really didn't delay anything at all. I received a personal e-mail within an few hours explaining what had happened and they even gave me free shipping for the slight error with their site. Tradrack is now the first place I look if I ever have to order something off the net. I know many companies' stocking problems are due to the fact they don't get their orders on time either. Despite the negative comments above I would recommend buy from Tradrack.com

^^ike

ckirkwood9

Jan 20, 2006, 5:06 PM
Post #10 of 20 (3157 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I ordered from tradrack when they had the alien sale. I too got an email almost immediately following my order indicating that they only had enough to partially fill the order. They offered to fill the order in parts as the cams became available (no extra shipping charge) or to ship when all cams were available. I elected for the latter since i live in PA and wouldn't be doing an trad until spring. I received my order THREE days before the announced Alien recall.

3 of the cams (orange, violet, white/clear) were dimpled

I emailed ben to see if he'd take the returns. He called Dave at CCH and returned my email the next day indicating that CCH was handling the recall.

I know that mgear and REI were honoring alien returns, but I think dealing with CCH for the recall is fair considering tradrack.com seems like a small outfit.

Regardless of any issues reported by others and/or delays, I will continue to order from tradrack.com as my gearlust requires feeding. Though I may have to wait a few more days for my order, I like the personalized attention AND THE PRICES that tradrack had to offer.

Cheers to BEN@tradrack.com!

Partner brent_e

Jan 23, 2006, 2:37 PM
Post #11 of 20 (3157 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ordered some ballnutz from them. Ben gave me a great deal and was very helpful emailing and such. I'd order again from them.

Brent

naitch

Jan 23, 2006, 3:17 PM
Post #12 of 20 (3157 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hmmmm.....everyone else seems to have had a good experience but me. I wonder what it is about me???? It would be nice to resolve this one way or another by a refund or getting the cam I ordered...

Does anyone have a phone number for them? I haven't been able to find one

naitch

Feb 8, 2006, 4:40 PM
Post #13 of 20 (3157 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I need to update this. Ben at TradRack finally made good and sent me my MaxCam #2. Thanks Ben!

So all is well and my son will be very grateful. I just wish I had known that it was still comimg. Would have saved me a lot of frustration.

crimpstrength

Feb 8, 2006, 4:46 PM
Post #14 of 20 (3157 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tradrack.com are good people

Partner the_mitt

Mar 20, 2006, 9:08 PM
Post #15 of 20 (3157 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

(This post was edited by the_mitt on Nov 19, 2006, 6:28 PM)

renohandjams

Mar 20, 2006, 9:32 PM
Post #16 of 20 (3157 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow, it would have been nice to know about this thread sooner.

Most of the negative responses are from our December alien sale fiasco. We had a huge sale to clear out our alien stuff and everyone ended up ordering the 3 smallest sizes, which we should have expected, but didn't. The way our old shipping system worked wasn't very efficient. Since then we have moved the store to a more convient location and Kenny has been doing an awesome job with the shipping the past 2-3 weeks with the new set up, and our live inventory on Aliens, Max cams, and Link cams makes it so you know exactly how many we have left and you never have to get into a backorder situation unless you want to.

As far as contacting us, we are a smaller outfit and not set up to take phone calls all the time, and prefer to answer by email. There are three managers:

Kenny@TradRack.com (shipping, buying)
Ben@TradRack.com (whatever you need)
Canon@TradRack.com (whatever you need)

You can email any of us, or all three at the same time. I'd like to think we are good about getting back.

Again, very sorry about December, and any other problems that have happened. Any complaints will be very few and hard to find from now on with our new set up, and live inventory. If there are any customers that have ordered stuff during the past 2-3 weeks it would be nice of them to share their experience with us as well.

Partner the_mitt

Mar 20, 2006, 9:39 PM
Post #17 of 20 (3157 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

(This post was edited by the_mitt on Nov 19, 2006, 6:27 PM)

Partner j_ung

Mar 20, 2006, 9:40 PM
Post #18 of 20 (3157 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Just ordered some jammies from Tradrack...

Gonna try some aid climbing, eh? :P :P :P

Partner the_mitt

Mar 20, 2006, 9:49 PM
Post #19 of 20 (3157 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

(This post was edited by the_mitt on Nov 19, 2006, 6:27 PM)

renohandjams

Mar 20, 2006, 9:53 PM
Post #20 of 20 (3157 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kenny loves his pair and if there is a nice vertical crack he puts them on. I've tried them though and I'm kind of neutral, it just depends. Let us know what you think when you do try them out.

Forums : Archive : Used Gear / Great Deals

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook