RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

comet

Mar 6, 2006, 9:51 PM
Post #1 of 18 (2348 views)
Shortcut

Finding female partners
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

The lady vs. lady competition thread got me thinking, and I didn't want to hijack. It's come up several times now, women wanting (or not wanting) to climb with other women.

I have wanted to climb with women ever since I started climbing, but those experiences have been relatively few. I love climbing with like-minded women, who want to have fun but also push themselves and me in a positive way. I'm ready to get pushed a little.

I'm in the process of losing my most favorite partner, at least for a while. I have a rare week off from school, and a road trip was planned that is now back burnered, because I'm too freaked out to just take off on my own. I posted in the west coast forum, and I know this isn't a partners forum, but I'd much rather climb with one of you than someone who just happens to live on the west coast.

As I've said before, I'm no hardwoman, but I have all my own gear and I'm not a stupid noob. If any of you are interested in coming out west for a week to climb at red rocks, josh, or someplace else relatively warm, March 25-April 2ish, get in touch.

gene723

Mar 6, 2006, 10:49 PM
Post #2 of 18 (2348 views)
Shortcut

Re: Finding female partners [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

weird...I thought UCB would have more women climbers being such a liberal atmosphere and all

climbingbetty22

Mar 6, 2006, 11:34 PM
Post #3 of 18 (2348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Damn...If you weren't all the way on the opposite coast, I would so climb with you...yoga too!!! Where id you grow up in New England???

harmonydoc

Mar 7, 2006, 12:36 AM
Post #4 of 18 (2348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'd like to climb with you (I'm still fairly new but not clueless, have gear, etc.). I'll be at the Rendezvous in Red Rock March 24th-26th. If you were interested I suppose I could try to change my plans to stay afterwards a day or two (Monday, Tuesday 27th/28th) - although I couldn't take the entire week off work. Let me know soon if you're interested (I'll have to switch around my flights if it sounds like it could work).

C.

P.S. We met once at Lover's Leap campground, and we both looked familiar to eachother but couldn't figure out why. Lisa S. (Lishe on this site) has been one of my partners, I think she might have climbed with you once.

clausti

Mar 7, 2006, 12:55 AM
Post #5 of 18 (2348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Damn...If you weren't all the way on the opposite coast, I would so climb with you...yoga too!!! Where id you grow up in New England???

hey betty--- tell kasharp, too. meet me at the new march 17th-24th, and we'll have a kickass time.

-cla

comet

Mar 7, 2006, 4:50 AM
Post #6 of 18 (2348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Connecticut, then Massachusetts, then Vermont, then New Hampshire. That's right, I get around. My parents still live in CT, and I grew up climbing in the gunks.

Christa, the next time I get back east, I'm looking you up. If you want to come out here for a break (sounds like you need it!) let me know, and I'd be happy to show you around CA.

comet

Mar 7, 2006, 4:56 AM
Post #7 of 18 (2348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I'd like to climb with you (I'm still fairly new but not clueless, have gear, etc.). I'll be at the Rendezvous in Red Rock March 24th-26th. If you were interested I suppose I could try to change my plans to stay afterwards a day or two (Monday, Tuesday 27th/28th) - although I couldn't take the entire week off work. Let me know soon if you're interested (I'll have to switch around my flights if it sounds like it could work).

C.

P.S. We met once at Lover's Leap campground, and we both looked familiar to eachother but couldn't figure out why. Lisa S. (Lishe on this site) has been one of my partners, I think she might have climbed with you once.

I remember! Still haven't figured that one out, and the weekend I had planned with Lishe this fall fell through, unfortunately.

I'm strongly considering red rocks for the start of the week and then moving to Josh, but am a little worried that the RRR will be a total zoo. PM me and we'll chat.

climbingbetty22

Mar 7, 2006, 5:43 AM
Post #8 of 18 (2348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Christa, the next time I get back east, I'm looking you up. If you want to come out here for a break (sounds like you need it!) let me know, and I'd be happy to show you around CA.

Right now, I'm planning a trip to Red Rocks April 18th-25th. I know you were planning something a little earlier, but if you find your plans changing, feel free to come down and join me. I don't know if it is close enough or not that perhaps you could even come for a weekend. The Bay is what, 4 hours from Vegas? And yes, should you be on the East Coast anytime before July 2007 (when I graduate) definitely look me up!

And Clausti- I am sooooo tempted to meet up with you at the New that week. Unfortunately, my "spring break" is not until after Easter and I've already skipped enough school this trimester that any more and my teachers might try to fail me. Damn attendance policies :roll:

clausti

Mar 7, 2006, 2:54 PM
Post #9 of 18 (2348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

And Clausti- I am sooooo tempted to meet up with you at the New that week. Unfortunately, my "spring break" is not until after Easter and I've already skipped enough school this trimester that any more and my teachers might try to fail me. Damn attendance policies :roll:

well... two of those climbing days are weekend time 8^)

comet

Mar 7, 2006, 6:01 PM
Post #10 of 18 (2348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Right now, I'm planning a trip to Red Rocks April 18th-25th. I know you were planning something a little earlier, but if you find your plans changing, feel free to come down and join me. I don't know if it is close enough or not that perhaps you could even come for a weekend. The Bay is what, 4 hours from Vegas? And yes, should you be on the East Coast anytime before July 2007 (when I graduate) definitely look me up!

4 hours? I wish! (more like 10.5). I can't skip school or clients, but a weekend might work, especially if I could find cheap tickets to avoid the drive. I'll take a look.

climbingbetty22

Mar 7, 2006, 6:15 PM
Post #11 of 18 (2348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Bummer, I thought the two were closer....Perhaps I'm thinking L.A. and Vegas being four hour apart. But yeah, I just booked my flight. I'll be there from 7PM on the Tue., Apr. 18th through 10AM on Tue., Apr. 25th, so if your schedule permits, feel free to come on down! :D

Partner kasharp

Mar 10, 2006, 11:50 PM
Post #12 of 18 (2348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

hey betty--- tell kasharp, too. meet me at the new march 17th-24th, and we'll have a kickass time.

-cla

yay!! climbing at the new. it's getting warmer! :D
christina- are you going to be there the weekend of the 24th too or is that when you're off to see the 'rents?

Partner heximp

Mar 13, 2006, 9:41 PM
Post #13 of 18 (2348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I will climb with anyone who is in/visits Southern California. I live 15 miles from Ventura which is the "last" small beach town near L.A. National Geographic Travel claimed that it is a must visit city... (I just think of it as home.)
Note: I am between places, so I can't help with housing. Give me six months and the situation should change. (Crossing my fingers.) When that happens... I won't mind letting anyone crash at my home; (just as long that they are female with no drama, illegal habits etc.) I teach, so my reputation is important. Just remember that my life is shaped around the school year; weekends, holidays, are my free time. (I do work in the summer.)
Also, I climb with a pretty cool group from Stoney... If you live in the area and want to join us, we won't mind... Just note that I am the youngest and the "worst climber" in the group; "unless someone brings their kids." Most of them have climbed for 20-30 years and can do 5.12 without much fuss. "They are solid, fun and have the best stories."
:)
Just send me a PM and let's see what is possible...

comet

Mar 18, 2006, 12:58 AM
Post #14 of 18 (2348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ok, new plan. I thought I had something lined up for Weds-Sun at Josh, but that's fallen through. I still want to go Weds 29th-Sunday 2nd, and will head down by myself if I have to, but I'd REALLY like to avoid that.

Anyone up for sharing a campsite and swapping leads on moderates? Anyone?

tolita

Dec 11, 2006, 3:22 AM
Post #15 of 18 (1926 views)
Shortcut

Re: [comet] Finding female partners [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi Comet, I'm a woman living in Joshua Tree who loves to climb with other women. From your profile, it looks like we climb similar grades. If you ever do a trip down here, give me a buzz! I'm available weekdays or weekends.

gekk084

Dec 13, 2006, 7:13 PM
Post #16 of 18 (1809 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tolita] Finding female partners [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I may be out in Josh between Xmas and New Years and again after the New Year starts. Any chance any of y'all will be around for a bit of fun climbing?

comet

Dec 14, 2006, 9:09 PM
Post #17 of 18 (1740 views)
Shortcut

Re: [gekk084] Finding female partners [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow, totally forgot about this thread. That trip feels like forever ago. It kicked ass, right, CI?

I'm headed east for the winter break and won't be back to Josh until March at the earliest, but I'll look you both up the next time I'm passing through!

caughtinside

Dec 14, 2006, 9:19 PM
Post #18 of 18 (1737 views)
Shortcut

Re: [comet] Finding female partners [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

comet wrote:
Wow, totally forgot about this thread. That trip feels like forever ago. It kicked ass, right, CI?

Boo Yeah with the hard leads!Laugh

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook