RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

veganboyjosh

Mar 18, 2006, 1:23 AM
Post #1 of 6 (1204 views)
Shortcut

a suggestion for profile info...
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

so, i've met and climbed with numerous people thru rc.com, and thru people i've met thru rc.com.

on thing that came to mind today, which would be nice to have if it's ever needed, is some sort of emergency contact info.

if i'm doing something more involved that cragging, i like to give the person i'm with some numbers of people to contact should something go wrong. my parents, a close friend who would know who to contact, etc.

how possible would it be to add somethign like this to a person's profile?

obviously, it brings certain issues up, like who has access to them, etc. they would need to be private, or only viewabel by friends, or somethign similar.

it's just an idea, and i know there are numerous kinks that would need to be worked out.

i normally email this info to whomever i'm climbing with for the first time, but it would be nice to have it in one place to refer them to...

thoughts?

boardline22

Mar 18, 2006, 1:39 AM
Post #2 of 6 (1204 views)
Shortcut

Re: a suggestion for profile info... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

maybe have them PM it to you or something to that line?

veganboyjosh

Mar 18, 2006, 1:43 AM
Post #3 of 6 (1204 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

right now i email it to whoever...

i may be making this more complicated than it needs to be, etc.

and in the past i didn't use gmail, which saves outgoing messages, and makes sending the same message repeatedly hella easier. this i guess would work.

it just seemed to fit in my sleep deprived brain...

overlord

Mar 18, 2006, 7:01 AM
Post #4 of 6 (1204 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

that would be a good idea actually.

like if a rc.com member goes missing while climbing and such and the community becomes aware of this situation, the ADMINS could have the power to view such numbers and notify the family.

Partner hosh

Mar 18, 2006, 7:06 AM
Post #5 of 6 (1204 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'd be more prone to having my emergency info private. I'd give it to a partner if I trusted him/her with my life ("On bely?") and I keep it written on my helmet, so complete strangers can access it if they find my "lifeless" body or I need help or something. Other than that, that info isn't really a concern to you, you know?

hosh.

Partner jammer

Mar 18, 2006, 2:05 PM
Post #6 of 6 (1204 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
that would be a good idea actually.

like if a rc.com member goes missing while climbing and such and the community becomes aware of this situation, the ADMINS could have the power to view such numbers and notify the family.

Usually, the families are the first to notice that someone is not home by a certain time. It takes a day or so for the information to leak on to this site. Having this "private information" on this site is not a bad thing, but it will not be pro-active as this thread makes it sound. An example would be gambler. We did not hear about it until after he was reported missing by his family.

When ever I'm out and about, I leave a detailed time-line as to where and when I'll be doing things. This is left with my wife and I try to leave a copy on the front seat of my car, in case things change after I leave home. Yes, the doors are locked, but if I'm missing, what's a window? Insurance will cover it.

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook