RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Mental Training: The Rock Warrior's Way

Premier Sponsor:

Partner gandolf

Nov 1, 2006, 3:52 PM
Post #1 of 3 (2016 views)
Shortcut

RWW worked for me this weekend
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I was on climb at Granite Mtn. this weekend and half way up the second pitch, I had to climb this large flaring chimney. I hate chimney climbing and was kind of freaked out by it. I have been reading RWW, so I told myself to calm down and use the techniques that I had just been studying. I was able to find holds that I was totally missing and did the chimney without a problem. Thanks Arno!!

Here it is Wednesday and I am still psyched, so I thought I'd share my story. Thanks for listening.

_fiend_

Nov 3, 2006, 8:58 AM
Post #2 of 3 (2016 views)
Shortcut

Re: RWW worked for me this weekend [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Good stuff. The reason why I've become a strong supporter of RWW is because firstly it corresponds to a lot of stuff I'd been learning about my climbing anyway, and secondly although some people are a bit sniffy about more "philosophical" approaches to climbing, it is also a practical approach, and although hard to apply, the practical steps do work.

Talking of which, which "techniques that you had been studying" did you use to calm yourself down??

Partner gandolf

Nov 8, 2006, 7:41 PM
Post #3 of 3 (2016 views)
Shortcut

Re: RWW worked for me this weekend [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

_fiend_,

I used the breathing techniques to calm down and eliminate tunnel vision. This allowed me to look at the section realistically and to find the holds that were there but I was overlooking at first. I wasn't woried about the pro because I was able to place a good .75 C4 at the start of the chimney, I just get freaked out by chimney's. The techniques in RWW taught me to relax and look at the situation objectively.

Forums : Clubs : Mental Training: The Rock Warrior's Way

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook